Geaux4it's Music

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
You can thank me later lol.... This thread will be a repository for music I grew up with, and in some cases, before that. Keep in mind, at 59, I'm still growing :04:

First up, Boz Scaggs Live.... Lido Shuffle. *Little factoid- Scagg's at 12yrs old, went to school with Steve MIller (Steve Miller Band) where he later appeared on the Steve Miller Bands bands first two albums

-Geaux

Some of Paul McCartney's best work post Beatles IMO

-Geaux

Band on the Run
is the third studio album by Paul McCartney and Wings, released in December 1973. It was McCartney's fifth album after leaving the Beatles in April 1970. Although sales were modest initially, its commercial performance was aided by two hit singles – "Jet" and "Band on the Run" – such that it became the top-selling studio album of 1974 in the United Kingdom and Australia, in addition to revitalising McCartney's critical standing. It remains McCartney's most successful album and the most celebrated of his post-Beatles works.
Band on the Run - Wikipedia

Allman's Fender and Betts Les Paul make sweet harmony. Some have argued this to be the best guitar solo(s) of all time

-Geaux

"Blue Sky" is a song by the American rock band the Allman Brothers Band from their third studio album, Eat a Peach (1972), released on Capricorn Records. The song was written and sung by guitarist Dickey Betts, who penned it about his girlfriend (and later wife), Sandy "Bluesky" Wabegijig. The track is also notable as one of guitarist Duane Allman's final recorded performances with the group. The band's two guitarists, Duane Allman and Betts, alternate playing the song's lead: Allman's solo beginning 1:07 in, Betts joining in a shared melody line at 2:28, followed by Betts's solo at 2:37. The song is notably more country-inspired than many songs in the band's catalogue

Forum List

Back