GE paid no taxes on $14-billion in profits...57,000 page tax return!

And they too buy what they do keep it "over there" rather than where it should be as long as they are in cahoots with the arbitor of the problem...and that would BE the government, and taxation policies that keep them in thier present state.

It is pretty obvious that GE has intentionally positioned itself worldwide for the purpose of offsetting profits in order to reduce their overall tax liability.

But again, they're playing by the rules. And the rules aka the tax code, along with various policies, will be dificult to adjust in one fell swoop.
Especially when you have a POTUS in your corner that revels in the inner workings of a Communist State as China which he adores...

November, 2012.

Patience, grasshopper. :D

And they too buy what they do keep it "over there" rather than where it should be as long as they are in cahoots with the arbitor of the problem...and that would BE the government, and taxation policies that keep them in thier present state.

It is pretty obvious that GE has intentionally positioned itself worldwide for the purpose of offsetting profits in order to reduce their overall tax liability.

But again, they're playing by the rules. And the rules aka the tax code, along with various policies, will be dificult to adjust in one fell swoop.
Especially when you have a POTUS in your corner that revels in the inner workings of a Communist State as China which he adores...

:lol:

November, 2012.

Patience, grasshopper. :D

Gawd I cant wait..!

Yeah, by then maybe the NBA lockout will be resolved, just in time for the 20012 season.
Man, it's seems like an eternity, doesn't it? :eusa_eh:

Yes, it does.

obama-1.gif

:lol:

Funny, Isn't it?

Messiah Tse-Tung....

today_parcoltop22_61100_ImageFile.jpg
Obama, Fan of Chinese Ports, Trains, and Airports

Gawd I cant wait..!

Yeah, by then maybe the NBA lockout will be resolved, just in time for the 20012 season.
Man, it's seems like an eternity, doesn't it? :eusa_eh:

Yes, it does.

obama-1.gif

Heh, now I know why it seems like an eternity, we're talking waiting 18,001 years!!!!!!!:eek:
Seems I got a little carried away with my zero's (no I'm not referring to my fellow posters)! I put down the year 20012 and meant 2012! :lol:
And I proof read that post too! :lol: With skills like that, I could easily get job at the NY Times! :eusa_angel:
OK, I'll put down the weed.

It gets worse. GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt a "Jobs Czar?" Say Whaaa?? The only jobs he has created are all in China. He's more like China's Jobs Czar. Huge blunder by this President tapping that guy to create American Jobs.

It's legal, it's by the code, and it doesn't come cheap.
Think of the billions that GE spends in order to accrue tax credits.
GE is a huge economic powerhouse whose existence benefits hundreds of millions of people and touches the lives of billions on this planet.

If you want to attack their profits and lack of tax liability, attack the code.

Excelllent advise.

Of course no plan currently advanced by the TEA PARTY types actually does that.

The "Occupiers" should be occupying Washington and Jeffrey Immelt's front lawn. Because that's where all the real problems are.

It gets worse. GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt a "Jobs Czar?" Say Whaaa?? The only jobs he has created are all in China. He's more like China's Jobs Czar. Huge blunder by this President tapping that guy to create American Jobs.

How about Trump picking his daughter to be jobs czar?

Washington (CNN)During an address to US governors Monday morning, President Donald Trump discussed the need for training programs and claimed that his daughter Ivanka had "created millions of jobs." He followed up by discussing the Pledge to America's Workers, an effort Ivanka has been involved in since its inception last year.

Facts first: No matter how you spin it, that's not true.

It's simply not true that Ivanka Trump has "created millions of jobs," as her father claimed.

Fake news from Trump

Republicans should be celebrating. Isn't that what they want?
It's what they want, except when they don't want it.
Trump said the rich would pay more and we'd pay less, and I believe him. (And we didn't really land on the moon, and we need the gold standard … whatever that is)

Republicans are so full of shit. The other day I asked them about this pledge from Trump that the rich would pay more under his tax plan. They sited this as proof he told the truth

Trump’s tax cuts are punishing states that voted for Clinton, data suggest

A MarketWatch analysis shows that the states that voted for Trump in the 2016 election will get the majority of his tax cuts — even though they only pay a minority of all federal taxes.

That’s according to data from the Internal Revenue Service, and an independent study of the tax reforms. The net benefit for the states that supported the president are likely to come to $35 billion in this tax year alone, analysis shows.

Since all the rich people are in blue states, Trump is punishing rich people in blue states

The tax giveaway “literally restructured the economy to help red states at the cost of blue states.” He called it “a diabolical, political maneuver.” The tax cuts “financed the Republican state-tax cut from the Democratic states,” he said, adding, “I mean, if people actually understood what it was that they were doing there would have bene an uprising.”

“It is not a New York-only phenomenon,” Cuomo told a news conference last month. The new tax structure “encourages high-income New Yorkers to move to other states.”

MarketWatch looked at the calculations conducted by the Institute for Taxation and Economic Policy, an independent Washington, D.C. think-tank. Bottom line: States that voted for Trump will get 56% of the tax cuts, or an extra $35 billion.

Yet according to the Internal Revenue Service’s most recent data, those states were only paying 48% of federal taxes.

The difference per person is not trivial. Using data from the IRS and the U.S. Census Bureau, people in the “Trump” states pay an average of $7,800 in net federal taxes per person.

People in the states that voted for Hillary Clinton? $11,070 per person.

Republicans should be celebrating. Isn't that what they want?
It's what they want, except when they don't want it.
Trump said the rich would pay more and we'd pay less, and I believe him. (And we didn't really land on the moon, and we need the gold standard … whatever that is)

Republicans are so full of shit. The other day I asked them about this pledge from Trump that the rich would pay more under his tax plan. They sited this as proof he told the truth

Trump’s tax cuts are punishing states that voted for Clinton, data suggest

A MarketWatch analysis shows that the states that voted for Trump in the 2016 election will get the majority of his tax cuts — even though they only pay a minority of all federal taxes.

That’s according to data from the Internal Revenue Service, and an independent study of the tax reforms. The net benefit for the states that supported the president are likely to come to $35 billion in this tax year alone, analysis shows.

Since all the rich people are in blue states, Trump is punishing rich people in blue states

The tax giveaway “literally restructured the economy to help red states at the cost of blue states.” He called it “a diabolical, political maneuver.” The tax cuts “financed the Republican state-tax cut from the Democratic states,” he said, adding, “I mean, if people actually understood what it was that they were doing there would have bene an uprising.”

“It is not a New York-only phenomenon,” Cuomo told a news conference last month. The new tax structure “encourages high-income New Yorkers to move to other states.”

MarketWatch looked at the calculations conducted by the Institute for Taxation and Economic Policy, an independent Washington, D.C. think-tank. Bottom line: States that voted for Trump will get 56% of the tax cuts, or an extra $35 billion.

Yet according to the Internal Revenue Service’s most recent data, those states were only paying 48% of federal taxes.

The difference per person is not trivial. Using data from the IRS and the U.S. Census Bureau, people in the “Trump” states pay an average of $7,800 in net federal taxes per person.

People in the states that voted for Hillary Clinton? $11,070 per person.

Trump just signed what McConnell and McCarthy gave him. But yes, the GOP tax cut was orchestrated to give the top earners in Red States, and corporations, tax cuts at the expense of people in Blue State, mostly the higher earners. I don't think I've ever seen anything that partisan before. Blue States have voted to give red states more money in welfare and aid than they pay in. Medicaid overwhelmingly helps us. Military bases have been put here since the 1960s just to fight poverty and racism.

I barely see the gop's dislike of private colleges. The estate tax simply is not an issue for 99.5% of America. I can see ending corporate taxes. But dividends and capital gains are hardly being taxed as hard as workers making 75K. And the tax cuts are not popular.

The dems may run train on agricultural subsidies.

Forum List

Back