GE Forcing emplyees to drive Chevy Volt

The tax credit was $7,500 and Obama wants it increased to $10,000 per vehicle. Unlike a tax deduction- a credit comes right off the taxes due. If you were supposed to pay $15,000 in federal taxes and bought a VOLT - your bill would be $7500 after taking the credit.

Chevy Volt Federal Tax Credit – Form 8936 | MyChevroletVolt.com
Chevrolet Volt Tax Incentives and Rebates | MyChevroletVolt.com
Obama promotes proposed $10,000 Volt tax credit | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

As for the idea of electric cars- I am all for them. The Tesla is a very "manly" electric. It also goes for over $100K....

I'm not cool with tax credits, but you can understand why GE would want to take advantage of it, right?

Do you have kids? I bet you take advantage of that tax credit, or did when they were dependents.
I have no problem with GE taking advantage of stupid government policies, that is just smart business. GE has been feasting at the "green technology" trough for quite some time. My issue is the stupid government policy.

No doubt, but why bring GE into it? Isn't this problem really just between GM and the government?

I have no problem with GE taking advantage of stupid government policies, that is just smart business. GE has been feasting at the "green technology" trough for quite some time. My issue is the stupid government policy.

Thread title: GE Forcing emplyees to drive Chevy Volt

Backpedal fail.

Government electric wants employees to use Government motors cars. It's the same majority owner in both companies. The government hand washing the other government hand. The idea is to not let GM fail and put Volt's on the road so that other people can see them and imagine they are selling.

Likely the employees mandated to buy or drive these cars will park them someplace, disconnect the battery to avoid fires and drive whatever they want to drive.

I'm not cool with tax credits, but you can understand why GE would want to take advantage of it, right?

Do you have kids? I bet you take advantage of that tax credit, or did when they were dependents.

No doubt, but why bring GE into it? Isn't this problem really just between GM and the government?
The problem is GE's Jeffery Immelt is the Head of Obama's "Jobs Council"....the relationship is a bit too cozy for my taste....

Obama Asks GE's Immelt to Head Economic Advisory Panel, Replacing Volcker - Bloomberg

Thread title: GE Forcing emplyees to drive Chevy Volt

Backpedal fail.
:confused: You do know that GE is forcing employees to Drive the Volt?

Cleverness Fail.

I live in a mega apartment complex and park in a 3 story parking structure. They'd have a very hard time putting in a charging station much less prevent theft of charging cords and/or theft of the electricity.

I live in a mega apartment complex and park in a 3 story parking structure. They'd have a very hard time putting in a charging station much less prevent theft of charging cords and/or theft of the electricity.

Actually it can be done fairly easily. Very expensively, but mehhh.... screw those little POS cars.

The activists forget that the electricity does'nt magically get to the receptacle.

Actually it can be done fairly easily. Very expensively, but mehhh.... screw those little POS cars.

The activists forget that the electricity does'nt magically get to the receptacle.

In fairness I'd rather burn coal to get electricity to the receptacle than buy Iranian oil.

the HOV gig is just BS now, see; the government here , yes in good ole cali has decided that money is more important than green..they are creating new lanes now, that are tolled , they were for carpool only but now? they figured a way to soak up some cash so out goes the green bullshit and in comes the 'fastrak' lanes on 680 especially which I use( FasTrak® - Keeping the Bay Area Moving) where in you have a dashboard transponder that reads your code, the readers hang over the old carpool lanes and for 40 cents I get to use the no longer to be known as 'carpool lane' now...they are going up pretty fast too.

so, just like gambling, once the gov. figures a way to get in on the take, the moralizing bullshit gets thrown out the window. :lol: green aint as green as da Benjamins...

the HOV gig is just BS now, see; the government here , yes in good ole cali has decided that money is more important than green..they are creating new lanes now, that are tolled , they were for carpool only but now? they figured a way to soak up some cash so out goes the green bullshit and in comes the 'fastrak' lanes on 680 especially which I use( FasTrak® - Keeping the Bay Area Moving) where in you have a dashboard transponder that reads your code, the readers hang over the old carpool lanes and for 40 cents I get to use the no longer to be known as 'carpool lane' now...they are going up pretty fast too.

so, just like gambling, once the gov. figures a way to get in on the take, the moralizing bullshit gets thrown out the window. :lol: green aint as green as da Benjamins...

I don't know anything about 680, never go out that far, but at least around The Maze, there are still HOV lanes, and you'll still get a ticket if you don't have 3 people in your car.

Fasttrak didn't take away HOV lanes.

I don't know anything about 680, never go out that far, but at least around The Maze, there are still HOV lanes, and you'll still get a ticket if you don't have 3 people in your car.

sure it did, I just told you where too.

sure it did, I just told you where too.
Carpool vehicles (HOV 2+), motorcycles and transit buses continue to be able to use the Express Lanes for free.

FAQ & Brochure

:thup:

Forum List

Back