Gaza gov't: UN and European officials contacted us for a truce with Israel

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
GAZA, (PIC)-- The Palestinian government in Gaza said it received contacts from the UN and European countries appealing for a truce with the Israeli regime and to listen to its demands in this regard.

Al-Jazeera net quoted a Palestinian official in Gaza as saying that senior officials from the European Union and the UN contacted Hamas at home and abroad to know its position towards a truce with Israel.

Al-Jazeera noted that it seemed that Israel appealed to these parties to contact Hamas to calm the situation.

The Palestinian official affirmed that Hamas told the UN and European mediators that any truce with Gaza must be protected by safeguards including an end to the blockade, the assassinations, and all hostilities against Gaza.

The official pointed out that Hamas started to discuss this calm overture with other resistance factions to form a united position in this regard.

GAZA, (PIC)-- The Palestinian government in Gaza said it received contacts from the UN and European countries appealing for a truce with the Israeli regime and to listen to its demands in this regard.

Al-Jazeera net quoted a Palestinian official in Gaza as saying that senior officials from the European Union and the UN contacted Hamas at home and abroad to know its position towards a truce with Israel.

Al-Jazeera noted that it seemed that Israel appealed to these parties to contact Hamas to calm the situation.

The Palestinian official affirmed that Hamas told the UN and European mediators that any truce with Gaza must be protected by safeguards including an end to the blockade, the assassinations, and all hostilities against Gaza.

The official pointed out that Hamas started to discuss this calm overture with other resistance factions to form a united position in this regard.

There will be no hudna in this matter.

I'd like to believe they are considering truce but I have my doubts about your source (The Voice of Palestine"). Any substantiation yet? :D

I'd like to believe they are considering truce but I have my doubts about your source (The Voice of Palestine"). Any substantiation yet? :D

he hasn't ever provided a real source.

he hasn't ever provided a real source.
In Tinnie's mind, P.I.C is the Muslim version of the Talmud.

Indeed, I'm familiar with this.

In the morning it will be clearer though.

Netanyahu again, humiliates his people:cool:

Nothing specific in the lame stream media. Just this,

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said he spoke with the leaders of Britain, Poland, Portugal, Bulgaria to press his case.

Israel bombards Gaza Strip, shoots down rocket - Yahoo! News

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said he spoke with the leaders of Britain, Poland, Portugal, Bulgaria to press his case.

That cute little baby in your avatar has a silly idiot for a pop-pop. :D

That cute little baby in your avatar has a silly idiot for a pop-pop. :D

Lol :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
Like any less-than-credible outlet, that PIC "story" comes with a disclaimer (translation: the "story' is camel crap but we post it anyway):
"Opinions expressed in these comments are those of their respective authors and do not necessarily reflect those of The Palestinian Information Center"
:lol::lol::lol:

CAIRO (AP) — Egyptian security officials say a senior Israeli official has arrived in Cairo for talks on reaching a cease-fire to end an Israeli offensive in the Gaza Strip.

The officials said the official arrived at Cairo's airport and was immediately rushed away from the tarmac into talks. The officials, speaking on condition of anonymity under security guidelines, did not identify the Israeli.

Nabil Shaath, an aide to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas who was in Cairo, confirmed the Israeli's arrival.

He says there are "serious attempts to reach a cease-fire."

Israeli envoy in Egypt for cease-fire talks - Yahoo! News

Hamas has set two conditions for accepting a cease-fire: lifting the military blockade on the Gaza Strip and international assurances that Israel would stop assassinations and other military measures.

Israel in turn demanded that Hamas and other terrorist groups stop smuggling weapons into the territory and that Palestinians in Gaza refrain from approaching a security zone by the border.

Hamas say cease-fire efforts with Israel have ... JPost - Defense

It doesn't look like there will be a cease fire soon.

Hamas has set two conditions for accepting a cease-fire: lifting the military blockade on the Gaza Strip and international assurances that Israel would stop assassinations and other military measures.

Israel in turn demanded that Hamas and other terrorist groups stop smuggling weapons into the territory and that Palestinians in Gaza refrain from approaching a security zone by the border.

What do you think the chances are that Hamas would agree (and honour such an agreement) to stop smuggling weapons into Gaza, Tinmore?

What do you think the chances are that Hamas would agree (and honour such an agreement) to stop smuggling weapons into Gaza, Tinmore?

What do you mean smuggling?

Palestinian law states that it is legal for Palestine to import and Manufacture weapons.

What do you mean smuggling?

Palestinian law states that it is legal for Palestine to import and Manufacture weapons.
Not from countrys under weapons sanctions, Clyde.

The Palestinians will probably disarm when Israel does.

The Palestinians will probably disarm when Israel does.

But that isn't even what Hamas asked for, Tinmore. But I guess you've kind of answered a question for a change. Never, as I suspected.

Forum List

Back