Gaza doctor who lost daughters in IDF strike: Everyone makes mistakes

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
Dr. Ezzeldeen Abu al-Aish, who lost three daughters and a niece in an Israel Defense Forces strike in the Gaza Strip last month, responded Wednesday to an IDF statement confirming that it was Israeli fire that killed his daughters, thanking those responsible for investigating the incident and saying that "we all make mistakes, and we don't repeat them."

Abu al-Aish, a father of eight, became one of the symbols of the Gaza offensive for Israelis after he captivated TV viewers with a sobbing live report on the death of his three daughters and his niece in Israeli shelling. The 55-year-old gynecologist trained in Israeli hospitals and speaks Hebrew.

The IDF announced earlier Wednesday that an investigation into the January 16 incident confirmed that it had been Israeli fire that killed the four girls.
"First of all, I would like to thank all those who worked, and had the courage and good conscience to shed light on the truth that I always believed. Thank you to everyone who took upon themselves to publicize this truth seeking investigation," Abu al-Aish said in an interview with Channel 2.

The Palestinian doctor went on to say "I have two options - the path of darkness or the path of light. The path of darkness is like choosing all the complications with diseases and depression, but the path of light is to focus on the future and my children. This strengthened my conviction to continue on the same path and not to give up."

Abu al-Aish did not neglect to thank the Israelis who met with him and offered him strength, saying "the love that I've received, from people I knew and people I didn't know, gave me strength."

The IDF released the conclusions of its investigation into the incident earlier Wednesday, explaining that Golani troops had been fired upon by snipers situated in the house adjacent to Abu al-Aish's home. The troops identified suspicious figures in the upper levels of the doctor's building, and deduced that they were serving as observers, directing the sniper fire from their vantage point.

Following long deliberations and assessments of the situation, the Golani commander decided to fire tank shells at the building, and when the soldiers heard the screams and realized civilians had been hit, they helped evacuate them, the investigation revealed.

The army argues further that the residents of the neighborhood were urged to evacuate the area prior to the attack via thousands of leaflets that were disseminated in the area, and that the doctor was personally asked by phone to evacuate his family from the neighborhood due to the fighting.

Abu al-Aish denied that there were any militants in the building at the time of the shelling.

The IDF spokesman's office issued a statement extending the IDF's condolences over the incident, but maintaining that the IDF operated within reason in light of the sniper fire directed at the troops and the heavy fighting in the region.

Gaza doctor who lost daughters in IDF strike: Everyone makes mistakes - Haaretz - Israel News

The troops identified suspicious figures in the upper levels of the doctor's building, and deduced that they were serving as observers, directing the sniper fire from their vantage point.

"we all make mistakes, and we don't repeat them."

HA! fat chance of THAT! Hey, guy, I made the font blood red in your honor. I know how much you like the color of blood.

This guy is impressive: choosing to help people over killing people even when his own kids are killed by the IDF. He is probably also one of the few people in Gaza who actually knows/knew Israeli people (training in Israeli Hospital).

Last edited:
and an ironic example of what an arab personal choice might just look like when one is not marginalized and disenfranchised by the racist state of israel. Gosh, you mean all those towel head sand ******* aren't BORN hating jews?!?!?!

well shit.. there goes at least 4 months of Jpost headlines!

and an ironic example of what an arab personal choice might just look like when one is not marginalized and disenfranchised by the racist state of israel. Gosh, you mean all those towel head sand ******* aren't BORN hating jews?!?!?!

No they don't; but we know all Jews hate all Arabs, right Shogun?

The doctor seems amazingly tolerant, almost unbelivably so.

gosh.. this must rock your fucking world then given that you usually assume that any arab with a heartbeat is plotting to kill jews, eh?

Not at all. I am the one capable of making a distinction between zionists and jews. Wheras, you stupid fuckers insist that every pali and muslims in general shoot out of the fucking vagina wearing a ninja outfit and have evolved little amniotic bombs wile becoming fodder for your next round of "kill em all" blank check excuses for israel.

By all means, call someone ELSE a racist, motherfucker. You won't be ironic as hell or anything.

i was thinking that he seemed so wise, and that he was walking in Jesus's footsteps...by ''turning the other cheek....''

because he knows somehow, deep inside that ''He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword.''....something Christianity teaches, but many christians themselves, choose to ignore....

May God bless this man....

care

gosh.. this must rock your fucking world then given that you usually assume that any arab with a heartbeat is plotting to kill jews, eh?
You are becoming more moronic by the day, do you have anything to contribute besides drivel?

Seriouisly, you need a LOT of maturity friend, until you start acting like an adult, most of us will continue to treat you as you behave, like a small petulent child, and a rather obnoxious one at that.

You are becoming more moronic by the day, do you have anything to contribute besides drivel?

Seriouisly, you need a LOT of maturity friend, until you start acting like an adult, most of us will continue to treat you as you behave, like a small petulent child, and a rather obnoxious one at that.

Who the fuck are you to speak for "most of" anyone, noob? Again, it must rock your fucking world to see evidence of an arab choosing non-violence while he is not disenfranchised by zionism. Whatsa matter, bitch? Does that unravel a few of your standard issue talking points? Is it a giant fucking SHCOKER that zionists would be quick to hold this guy up like mickey mouse in a Thanksgiving Day parade? He's a doctor and not rationalized bomb fodder for your fucking blank check, dude. If only all those goyim cockroaches could provide medical service for jews then they may not become so easily disregarded like this guy, eh?

Hell, tell me where HIS suicide jacket is, motherfucker? He's not jewish so, apparently, he was born with one.

And, again Noob, who the fuck do you think has signed your little boycott Shogun list? By all means, name them so I can make fun of them each time they respond to one of my future posts just like I will with you.

Who the fuck are you to speak for "most of" anyone, noob?
The name is Xenophon, not 'noob,' I know this is dificult for you, but it is printed out for you right next to the little picture of the Corinthian Helm.

Who I am is again Xenophon, just like the name says.

Again, it must rock your fucking world to see evidence of an arab choosing non-violence while he is not disenfranchised by zionism.
This is a perfect example of the childish behavior I referred to in my previous post, I have actually been to a number of Muslim nations, i know the people quite well, nothing you say 'rocks anyone's world' with the possibile exception of your local kindergarten perhaps.

Whatsa matter, bitch?
You are again confused youngster, I am most certainly not a female dog.

Does that unravel a few of your standard issue talking points?
It appears you are dealing off a check list of moronic statements, seing as I in that i have said over and over I really don't care who 'wins' in this, and that they should fight it out.

Is it a giant fucking SHCOKER that zionists would be quick to hold this guy up like mickey mouse in a Thanksgiving Day parade?
You are again making yourself an internet parody, only a moron calls everyone who disagrees with him 'zionists.'

He's a doctor and not rationalized bomb fodder for your fucking blank check, dude.
You need to start reading what people actually write, not the imaginary parts you insert.

If only all those goyim cockroaches could provide medical service for jews then they may not become so easily disregarded like this guy, eh?
And again we see the fall back to the internet parody.

Hell, tell me where HIS suicide jacket is, motherfucker?
Cursing all the time, especially at uncalled for moments is yet another manisfestation of immaturity.

You really have a lot of growing up to do, we, as in the majority of the people here and elsewhere that interact with you will continue to treat you as a child until you can show us something more then this.

I'm an optomist, I believe it could happen if you apply yourself, I of course realistically expect another profanity laced tirade.

He's not jewish so, apparently, he was born with one.
Dementia is not conected to immaturity, but you seem to exhibit that as well.

And, again Noob, who the fuck do you think has signed your little boycott Shogun list?
The name is xenophon, easy to read, pronoucned like it's spelled, do try to pay attention.

Also, you again imagining things, nobody said they would 'boycott' you (and I bet you don't know the origin of that word, it's a nice story, if you start behaving like an adult perhaps I will tell you some time), I said, and you again seeing, that you will be treated as you act, like a petulant child, and a rather obnoxious one at that.

By all means, name them so I can make fun of them each time they respond to one of my future posts just like I will with you.
A non sequitor if ever there was one.

Now we will see if you can form a cogent response, without cusing, calling everyone 'zionists' or the other infantile drivel you seem prone to displaying.

Last edited:
My use of the word zionist is quite clear, noob. I didn't even bother reading anything else you posted. When you and your "royal we" mouse in your pocket gets your signature list ready, again, post the names of those who you speak for. Until then, noob, go sit in the fucking corner until I say you can get up.

Why does this guy choose to live in a country controlled by terrorists?
Maybe he loves his country and wants to do good?

Maybe he doesn't have a choice?

What would it take for you to leave the US?

Well, it seems I was asking to much from him, mores the pity.

My use of the word zionist is quite clear, noob.
The name is Xenophon, and like most else you post, you don't understand the words you try to use, yet another sign of the gross immaturity you display.

I didn't even bother reading anything else you posted.
Not bothering to be informed seemed to be a theme with you.

As they say, ignorance is bliss, so you must be estatic.

When you and your "royal we" mouse in your pocket gets your signature list ready, again, post the names of those who you speak for.
Every poster here you deals with your childishness feels the same way, try to understand that.

I know these concepts are difficult for you, but growing us is always hard, so please try harder.

Until then, noob, go sit in the fucking corner until I say you can get up.
I suppose I will have to refer to you as simpleton, since that best describes you, from now on, so be it.

When you are ready to act like an adult, let us know, until then, you do not impress me son.

Last edited:

He's just suffered an enormous loss. He's trying to hold onto what he believes. I feel so sad for him.
He seems able to compatmentalize quite effectivily, that could be seen as a strength, on the other hand, he may simply be unable to face it as this time.

Only time will tell, one way or the other.

Not at all. I am the one capable of making a distinction between zionists and jews. Wheras, you stupid fuckers insist that every pali and muslims in general shoot out of the fucking vagina wearing a ninja outfit and have evolved little amniotic bombs wile becoming fodder for your next round of "kill em all" blank check excuses for israel.

By all means, call someone ELSE a racist, motherfucker. You won't be ironic as hell or anything.

Yeah, right because your distinction problems lie between Israelis and Zionists. And between people who disagree with you and zionists, so are most people who disagree with you called a zionist or given a speech with "sucking a zionist dick" or something similar in it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back