Gaza and the Camp David Accords

oh really? in england----must have been the "shakers" that hit my mind-----that is interesting since the quaker boyfriend of my youth------his FATHER was from england When did I ever say I know a LOT about zoroastrians? I have met only two ------they were from Bombay----and freinds to a jewish girl I know from there. ----you may be referring to the fact that I mentioned that zoroasters are mentioned in the talmud-----Jews did live in Persia during the pre islamic era there. Everything went well until one of their kings decided not to like the jewish insistence "god is one"------since zoroastrianism is not actually strictly monotheistic ----so there was some minor trouble
well thanx for that tit bit, at least

the quakers were heavily persecuted in merrie old england by the then hugely intolerant state church of england before the toleration acts so they fled to the land of the free in numbers, including billy penn who was english not american

well before the USA was even dreamed of

but except for nixon they are good guys and gals even tho I no longer belong

They do have an excellent reputation in the USA ----and still run their schools----they were given conscientious objector status almost automatically during world war II -----but I believe they assimilate at a high rate

oh really? in england----must have been the "shakers" that hit my mind-----that is interesting since the quaker boyfriend of my youth------his FATHER was from england When did I ever say I know a LOT about zoroastrians? I have met only two ------they were from Bombay----and freinds to a jewish girl I know from there. ----you may be referring to the fact that I mentioned that zoroasters are mentioned in the talmud-----Jews did live in Persia during the pre islamic era there. Everything went well until one of their kings decided not to like the jewish insistence "god is one"------since zoroastrianism is not actually strictly monotheistic ----so there was some minor trouble

the quakers were heavily persecuted in merrie old england by the then hugely intolerant state church of england before the toleration acts so they fled to the land of the free in numbers, including billy penn who was english not american

They do have an excellent reputation in the USA ----and still run their schools----they were given conscientious objector status almost automatically during world war II -----but I believe they assimilate at a high rate
quite right

they also run many schools for pals in the west bank and I think......not sure about this.......a school for jews and arabs together in eretz yisrael

IRosie

i do so hope that your quaker boyfriend was a shaker as well and made you quake n shake big time

and you him

sadly there are only 10,000 Quakers left in UK; half of what there were when I was at school

same with jews in UK..a quarter of a million now; half a million 60 years ago

terrible thing free marriage, aint it

he was barely a quaker-----as far as I understood-----I think he did go occassionally to their meetings------he was a very bright kid-----only child of a very elderly father

I can't answer your question re camp david, sadat, begin and gaza.

But recently I discovered that after the 1948 war, Ben Gurion desperately wanted to have Gaza within Israel itself.

He even offered to give all the Gazans and the refugees there Israeli citizenship if Egypt would cede Gaza to Israel. Egypt refused. That would be 20% of Israelis today if Egypt had accepted!

There were only 90,000 Gazans before 1948.
Now 1.5 million.

So many Pals were expelled by force not just in war but for 2 years; from Ashkelon and the south coast area where no jews were ever at any time in all history present before in any numbers.

This ethnic cleansing went on for 2 years until 1950. The south coast was never ever Jewish and had been given to the Arabs by the UN partition plan.

That's why its so hard for Hamas and Gazans to recognise the 1967 borders; they are almost all the rightful owners of the south coast area of Israel stolen viciously and with no legitimacy whatsoever.

But things are changing fast in Gaza. The visit of the Qatari Emir is very significant. Hamas is moving from the Iran terror network to the Sunni mainstream where it came from in the first place.

Link? :D
Sayit I can't yet post links..too new here

All from googling wikipedia on pal refugees in 1948, gaza, ashkelon, clicking on different links between wikipedia entries

no biased sites, either way...all just wikipedia which I trust, usually

so not one link...about 10 I think and several hours reading.

Everyone has biases, Princess, yet I, too, generally trust Wiki.
You state that "Ben Gurion desperately wanted to have Gaza within Israel itself" and while that would have eliminated the need to someday connect Gaza to the WB in order to form a "Palestinian" State it, as you noted, came with a caveat ... Israeli citizenship for 90,000 Arabs. That said, there is no reason to believe there would be 1.5 million residents of Gaza today had the annexation taken place.
It does seems likely that Ben Gurion didn't desire Gaza or its Arabs but rather might have wanted a buffer between Israel and Egypt.
Could you at least tell me where to find the info on Egypt's refusal to cede Gaza?

All from googling wikipedia on pal refugees in 1948, gaza, ashkelon, clicking on different links between wikipedia entries

You state that "Ben Gurion desperately wanted to have Gaza within Israel itself" and while that would have eliminated the need to someday connect Gaza to the WB in order to form a "Palestinian" State it, as you noted, came with a caveat ... Israeli citizenship for 90,000 Arabs. That said, there is no reason to believe there would be 1.5 million residents of Gaza today had the annexation taken place.
It does seems likely that Ben Gurion didn't desire Gaza or its Arabs but rather might have wanted a buffer between Israel and Egypt.
Could you at least tell me where to find the info on Egypt's refusal to cede Gaza?
I had a quick look but couldn't find the wiki page I saw, sorry

will try again

it also said ben gurion forbade the haganah from invading the west bank in 1948

i aint no princess either unfortunately just a man but i quite like the sound of the word yenta

i can understand jewish folx thinking a kvetch must be a woman!

yiddish is such a great lingo with great sounds; wish i had been brought up with it!

Last edited:

I had a quick look but couldn't find the wiki page I saw, sorry

will try again

i aint no princess either unfortunately just a man but i quite like the sound of the word yenta

i can understand jewish folx thinking a kvetch must be a woman!

yiddish is such a great lingo with great sounds; wish i had been brought up with it!

Jordan was promised $3M a year for five years and the West Bank if it (and Iraq that was under Jordanian command) did not attack Israel in 1948.

When Israel says that it was attacked by five Arab countries in 1948, it is a lie.

Forum List

Back