Gaza and the Camp David Accords

May 22, 2011
Does anyone have a source for information on the negotiation between Begin and Sadat over the status of Gaza? I have heard that the Egyptians insisted that the Israeli's take Gaza ("Let them choke on 1.2M Arabs" was a quote I remember). Is this true? Does anyone know of any legitimate source material on this subject?

Thank you,

S

Good question, but, Gaza is part of Palestine and Sadat and Begin don't have anything to legitimately say about it.

Good question, but, Gaza is part of Palestine and Sadat and Begin don't have anything to legitimately say about it.

Well before '67 it was part of Egypt. Now it is run by Hamas, but strangely tied to Israel, before 48 it was the British, before that the Ottomans. So its hard to say what Gaza is.

What I can say is that I don't know of any successful small state that is not geographically connected the way the proposed Palestinian state in the West Bank and Gaza is. Why not build bonds between Gaza and Egypt. It makes much more sense.

Well before '67 it was part of Egypt. Now it is run by Hamas, but strangely tied to Israel, before 48 it was the British, before that the Ottomans. So its hard to say what Gaza is.

What I can say is that I don't know of any successful small state that is not geographically connected the way the proposed Palestinian state in the West Bank and Gaza is. Why not build bonds between Gaza and Egypt. It makes much more sense.

A country does not cease to exist when it is occupied.

Palestine was recognized as an independent state by post WWI treaties. Its borders as a successor state to that division of the Ottoman Empire were defined in 1922. That land was ceded to the government of Palestine.

Britain administered (some would say occupied) Palestine during the Palestine Mandate period. Britain never had possession of Palestine.

After the 1948 war the UN armistice agreements drew cease fire lines on top of Palestine. These lines, now frequently called 1967 borders, were specifically not to be considered political or national borders. These lines did not change Palestine's defined borders. Palestine was divided into three areas of occupation: Israeli, Egyptian, and Jordanian.

In 1967 Israel took over the occupation of the Wast Bank from Jordan and the occupation of Gaza from Egypt.

Palestine's borders, as defined in 1922, remain unchanged today.

Palestine was recognized as an independent state by post WWI treaties. Its borders as a successor state to that division of the Ottoman Empire were defined in 1922. That land was ceded to the government of Palestine.

Britain administered (some would say occupied) Palestine during the Palestine Mandate period. Britain never had possession of Palestine.

After the 1948 war the UN armistice agreements drew cease fire lines on top of Palestine. These lines, now frequently called 1967 borders, were specifically not to be considered political or national borders. These lines did not change Palestine's defined borders. Palestine was divided into three areas of occupation: Israeli, Egyptian, and Jordanian.

In 1967 Israel took over the occupation of the Wast Bank from Jordan and the occupation of Gaza from Egypt.

Well stated. Excellent historical record. I learned something from this post.

The borders of Yugoslavia remain unchanged as well--they include Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro and Serbia (of which Kosovo is a part).

That postulate has been a source of inspiration for palistanian country music, of course.
Palestine was recognized as an independent state by post WWI treaties.
Namely?
Its borders as a successor state to that division of the Ottoman Empire were defined in 1922. That land was ceded to the government of Palestine.
And who was that emir, scheikh, sultan, imam, president or PM of that alleged "government"?

"palestine" is an alternate name for Judea/Israel The "OTTOMAN EMPIRE" was an entity created by brutal conquest and colonialism. Its "division" is as illegal as its creation

Does anyone have a source for information on the negotiation between Begin and Sadat over the status of Gaza? I have heard that the Egyptians insisted that the Israeli's take Gaza ("Let them choke on 1.2M Arabs" was a quote I remember). Is this true? Does anyone know of any legitimate source material on this subject?

Thank you,

S
I can't answer your question re camp david, sadat, begin and gaza.

But recently I discovered that after the 1948 war, Ben Gurion desperately wanted to have Gaza within Israel itself.

He even offered to give all the Gazans and the refugees there Israeli citizenship if Egypt would cede Gaza to Israel. Egypt refused. That would be 20% of Israelis today if Egypt had accepted!

There were only 90,000 Gazans before 1948.
Now 1.5 million.

So many Pals were expelled by force not just in war but for 2 years; from Ashkelon and the south coast area where no jews were ever at any time in all history present before in any numbers.

This ethnic cleansing went on for 2 years until 1950. The south coast was never ever Jewish and had been given to the Arabs by the UN partition plan.

That's why its so hard for Hamas and Gazans to recognise the 1967 borders; they are almost all the rightful owners of the south coast area of Israel stolen viciously and with no legitimacy whatsoever.

But things are changing fast in Gaza. The visit of the Qatari Emir is very significant. Hamas is moving from the Iran terror network to the Sunni mainstream where it came from in the first place.

"palestine" is an alternate name for Judea/Israel The "OTTOMAN EMPIRE" was an entity created by brutal conquest and colonialism. Its "division" is as illegal as its creation
so is the USA, Australia, New Zealand...quite a list, actually

Thank you,

S

But recently I discovered that after the 1948 war, Ben Gurion desperately wanted to have Gaza within Israel itself.

He even offered to give all the Gazans and the refugees there Israeli citizenship if Egypt would cede Gaza to Israel. Egypt refused. That would be 20% of Israelis today if Egypt had accepted!

Now 1.5 million.

So many Pals were expelled by force not just in war but for 2 years; from Ashkelon and the south coast area where no jews were ever at any time in all history present before in any numbers.

This ethnic cleansing went on for 2 years until 1950. The south coast was never ever Jewish and had been given to the Arabs by the UN partition plan.

That's why its so hard for Hamas and Gazans to recognise the 1967 borders; they are almost all the rightful owners of the south coast area of Israel stolen viciously and with no legitimacy whatsoever.

But things are changing fast in Gaza. The visit of the Qatari Emir is very significant. Hamas is moving from the Iran terror network to the Sunni mainstream where it came from in the first place.

In reality, UN resolution 181 did not give anything to anybody. The UN Security Council decided not to implement the plan because to do so without the approval of the Palestinians would violate international law and the UN Charter.

The '67 borders are the 1949 armistice lines. They were specifically not to be political or territorial borders. Not only does Hamas reject those as borders, Israel does as well.

It is interesting to note that even though the UN in its armistice agreements stated that those lines would not be borders shortly thereafter the UN used those non borders to define Israel's territory when it accepted Israel's membership in the UN.

Thank you,

S

Now 1.5 million.

In reality, UN resolution 181 did not give anything to anybody. The UN Security Council decided not to implement the plan because to do so without the approval of the Palestinians would violate international law and the UN Charter.

The '67 borders are the 1949 armistice lines. They were specifically not to be political or territorial borders. Not only does Hamas reject those as borders, Israel does as well.

It is interesting to note that even though the UN in its armistice agreements stated that those lines would not be borders shortly thereafter the UN used those non borders to define Israel's territory when it accepted Israel's membership in the UN.
you are right, sir

i recently read about how desperate israel was to be accepted in the UN and made many false promises it had no intention of keeping

and how deeply Truman's admin was divided over supporting israel then and how even he regretted it later because he was lied to so much by the Zios

just to you, isn't it a bit pointless just trading sterile one liners with the abusive and foul mouthed zio parrots??

Now 1.5 million.

you are right, sir

i recently read about how desperate israel was to be accepted in the UN and made many false promises it had no intention of keeping

and how deeply Truman's admin was divided over supporting israel then and how even he regretted it later because he was lied to so much by the Zios

just to you, isn't it a bit pointless just trading sterile one liners with the abusive and foul mouthed zio parrots??

The Muslim apologists and anti-Semites are just as abusive and foul-mouthed.

"The Muslim apologists and anti-Semites are just as abusive and foul-mouthed."

some are, I grant you not all, on either side

but just say one word against israel's govt and you are an anti semite out to destroy all jews, even if like me you are jewish!

kvetch-----you are not jewish-------it is POSSIBLE that you have some female jewish ancestor------but you know nothing about judaism or jewish history

You forgot to post a link, Princess. How convenient. :D

Well stated. Excellent historical record. I learned something from this post.

The borders of Yugoslavia remain unchanged as well--they include Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro and Serbia (of which Kosovo is a part).

Woo. I thought you wanted a link.

Gaza will be part of whatever the negotiations conclude it is "part of" Tinnie's theory of immutable borders is getting more and more entangled in the minds of the gullible

Thank you,

S

Now 1.5 million.

Link? :D

Forum List

Back