Gays in the military

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gadawg73, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Gadawg73

Gadawg73 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,677
    They are already serving in the military. On the Hill today JCS Admiral Mullen called for complete open policy allowing gays to serve in the military. Seconded by Sec. of Defense Gates.
    "I do not give a dam what their sexuality is. You do not need to be straight to fight and die for your country. All I care about is if they can shoot straight."
    Barry Goldwater. The last of what we knew as a real conservative before Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, et al took over the Republican Party.

2. amrchaos

amrchaos Pentheus torn apart

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    I wonder if this is not a political ploy by the White house.

Well, if you are going to lose your power base, try to go as LIBERTARIAN in social policies as possible.

3. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,311
    The world as we know it will not end if gays can openly serve in the military. Our soldiers are grown-ups and they will get used to it.

4. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    butch gays only ..being a flamer should be a court martial offense.. no prancing.. no swishing ..eye rolling..overt wrist bending or talking with a lisp ..there has to be some standards.. some pretense of manlyness..god dammit..

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Here's a question....how many straight soldiers will NOT re-enlist if gays are allowed to serve openly? Anyone know if a survey has been done?

6. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,895
    I think we should listen to the Republicans and keep following the lead of such countries as Russia, China, Iran, and North Korea.

7. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,534
    McCain just made a 180 .. in 2006 he said Don't Ask Don't Tell should be abolished, now he says it should remain in place.
    Poor baby, has the right wingers trying to get him out of office.

8. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    McCain perfected flip-flopping during his 2008 Presidential campaign. It's nice to see that all of that training did not go to waste...

9. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,460
    My brother is gay and in the military. They've always been there and always will be. It's stupid to think otherwise.

10. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,895
    Out of the more than 10,000 kicked out, it would be interesting to see how many would be willing to go back.

The DOD estimates that there are at least 60,000 gays serving now. Of the 10,000 kicked out, I suspect many were actually chickens who just couldn't take it anymore and so said they were gay just to get out. After all, there is no test.

Someone on this board wrote that a woman, kicked out for being "gay" actually showed up with her boyfriend to pick up the rest of her stuff.

When I was in the service, I remember a guy asking around if anyone wanted to pretend to be gay so they could get out. About a week later, him and another guy were discharged. Of course I didn't say anything. Who wants a "chicken" serving next to them?

Sad though, those on the right more afraid of gays than of terrorists. What pussies are those on the right. Oh, not pussies, no, "sissies".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8e6ocBzGfk]YouTube - A platoon of lesbians to join al-Qaeda? Blame the Democrats.[/ame]