Gays in the military

Gadawg73

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
Georgia
They are already serving in the military. On the Hill today JCS Admiral Mullen called for complete open policy allowing gays to serve in the military. Seconded by Sec. of Defense Gates.
"I do not give a dam what their sexuality is. You do not need to be straight to fight and die for your country. All I care about is if they can shoot straight."
Barry Goldwater. The last of what we knew as a real conservative before Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, et al took over the Republican Party.

I wonder if this is not a political ploy by the White house.

Well, if you are going to lose your power base, try to go as LIBERTARIAN in social policies as possible.

The world as we know it will not end if gays can openly serve in the military. Our soldiers are grown-ups and they will get used to it.

butch gays only ..being a flamer should be a court martial offense.. no prancing.. no swishing ..eye rolling..overt wrist bending or talking with a lisp ..there has to be some standards.. some pretense of manlyness..god dammit..

They are already serving in the military. On the Hill today JCS Admiral Mullen called for complete open policy allowing gays to serve in the military. Seconded by Sec. of Defense Gates.
"I do not give a dam what their sexuality is. You do not need to be straight to fight and die for your country. All I care about is if they can shoot straight."
Barry Goldwater. The last of what we knew as a real conservative before Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, et al took over the Republican Party.

Here's a question....how many straight soldiers will NOT re-enlist if gays are allowed to serve openly? Anyone know if a survey has been done?

I think we should listen to the Republicans and keep following the lead of such countries as Russia, China, Iran, and North Korea.

McCain just made a 180 .. in 2006 he said Don't Ask Don't Tell should be abolished, now he says it should remain in place.
Poor baby, has the right wingers trying to get him out of office.

McCain just made a 180 .. in 2006 he said Don't Ask Don't Tell should be abolished, now he says it should remain in place.
Poor baby, has the right wingers trying to get him out of office.

McCain perfected flip-flopping during his 2008 Presidential campaign. It's nice to see that all of that training did not go to waste...

My brother is gay and in the military. They've always been there and always will be. It's stupid to think otherwise.

Out of the more than 10,000 kicked out, it would be interesting to see how many would be willing to go back.

The DOD estimates that there are at least 60,000 gays serving now. Of the 10,000 kicked out, I suspect many were actually chickens who just couldn't take it anymore and so said they were gay just to get out. After all, there is no test.

Someone on this board wrote that a woman, kicked out for being "gay" actually showed up with her boyfriend to pick up the rest of her stuff.

When I was in the service, I remember a guy asking around if anyone wanted to pretend to be gay so they could get out. About a week later, him and another guy were discharged. Of course I didn't say anything. Who wants a "chicken" serving next to them?

Sad though, those on the right more afraid of gays than of terrorists. What pussies are those on the right. Oh, not pussies, no, "sissies".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8e6ocBzGfk]YouTube - A platoon of lesbians to join al-Qaeda? Blame the Democrats.[/ame]

From the interviews I have seen in the last few years, most of the time everyone knows they are gay anyways and don't care.

Everyone serving knows there are gay men and women serving in today's military, not just enlisted personnel either but senior brass even married brass, but when a lesbian ties a tourniquet on your leg to save your life or a fag shields his platoon from an IED saving his men I can assure you no one is thinking about sexuality.

Last edited:
Everyone serving knows there are gay men and women serving in today's military, not just enlisted personnel either but senior brass even married brass, but when a lesbian ties a turnakit on your leg to save your life or a fag shields his platoon from an IED saving his men I can assure you no one is thinking about sexuality.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Out of the more than 10,000 kicked out, it would be interesting to see how many would be willing to go back.

The DOD estimates that there are at least 60,000 gays serving now. Of the 10,000 kicked out, I suspect many were actually chickens who just couldn't take it anymore and so said they were gay just to get out. After all, there is no test.

Someone on this board wrote that a woman, kicked out for being "gay" actually showed up with her boyfriend to pick up the rest of her stuff.

When I was in the service, I remember a guy asking around if anyone wanted to pretend to be gay so they could get out. About a week later, him and another guy were discharged. Of course I didn't say anything. Who wants a "chicken" serving next to them?

Sad though, those on the right more afraid of gays than of terrorists. What pussies are those on the right. Oh, not pussies, no, "sissies".

YouTube - A platoon of lesbians to join al-Qaeda? Blame the Democrats.
Love the tape.

I've always marveled at why you guys seem to think this is so important. The military is about killing people and breaking things for the defense of our country. What the heck does someone's sexuality have to do with it? Why do you have to broadcast your sexual desires if you want to be in the military like you seem to insist everyone should?

I don't understand why anyone cares if there are gays in the military. As long as someone can perform their duties and maintains the military standards it doesn't seem like sexuality should be an issue.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
It shouldn't be a political issue, a social engineering issue, or an issue that is decided by the ones NOT doing the fighting, the ones putting or having put their lives and well being on the line.

I don't know if there is a way but I'd leave it up to the people actually serving in the military and the veterans, they have earned the right, they would know best of all.

(An exclusive Military.. popular vote)

Last edited:
Everyone serving knows there are gay men and women serving in today's military, not just enlisted personnel either but senior brass even married brass, but when a lesbian ties a tourniquet on your leg to save your life or a fag shields his platoon from an IED saving his men I can assure you no one is thinking about sexuality.

I don't think there is any more to say than that!!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

No probably not... but what about when you are bending over in your sexy army guy outfit ??...lol.

"Go away. Turn that tank away and get out of here. I do not want immoral, abominable folks saving my life" states a soldier that is pinned down in a foxhole as a tank with a gay soldier driving is on the ridge ready to rescue an entire unit.
Let that unit get wiped out. Unit cohesion is more important. If a few soldiers can not work with gays then unit cohesion rules the day.

Forum List

Back