Gays are retards

Sky Dancer

Rookie
Jan 21, 2009
Those who declare “Gay is the New Black” have outraged intellectuals, religious leaders, and politicians inside the black community.

Rev. Irene Monroe, who identifies three cardinal sins of whiteness plaguing the gay-marriage movement: 1) exploiting black suffering and experiences to legitimate its own; 2) rallying against heterosexist oppression while remaining silent on its own white-skin privilege; 3) appropriating the content of the black civil rights movement but discarding the historical context. Rev. Monroe is right. If there is to be a black-and-gay coalition, it will have to listen to her.

But it will also have to remember Bayard Rustin. Rustin, an openly gay black man, helped introduce Gandhian nonviolence to the African-American civil rights movement. His pacifism landed him in jail for refusing to participate in World War II. He was part of the first Freedom Rides in 1947, helped to found the Congress for Racial Equality, and was National Field Secretary for the Fellowship of Reconciliation. Rustin was among the most famous advocates of Gandhian nonviolence in the 1930s and 1940s, and the Mahatma once summoned him to a conference in India. Beginning with the Montgomery Bus Boycott, he served as key adviser to Martin Luther King, Jr., giving him the chance to train Dr. King in the philosophy of nonviolence as a way of life.

Gays Are the New ******* < Killing the Buddha

I had to personally challenge the policy of a prior employer who would not let me take sick leave to care for my partner.

The company changed the policy.

My boss said, well, you aren't married. I pointed out to her that we could not legally marry at that time, and that another employee who was living with her male partner unmarried had been granted it because they were considered 'common law' married.

Was there any reason for the title then outright sensationalism? I cant see where in the article your title for the thread is justified.

i think being gay is hardwired....and that gays should have the right to marry...seems to me...hetros marrying 4x times etc...is more damaging to marriage than gays getting married

• Banned
i think being gay is hardwired....and that gays should have the right to marry...seems to me...hetros marrying 4x times etc...is more damaging to marriage than gays getting married

I don't like the term ******. I did feel like one when I wasn't permitted to use sick leave to take my partner to a medical procedure.

I did express that feeling and got the board of directors to change the employment policy to include domsstic parnterships.

I just wish civil domestic parnterships carred the same state to state clout that a civil marriage contraact does.

I don't like the term ******. I did feel like one when I wasn't permitted to use sick leave to take my partner to a medical procedure.

I did express that feeling and got the board of directors to change the employment policy to include domsstic parnterships.

I just wish civil domestic parnterships carred the same state to state clout that a civil marriage contraact does.

I'm sorry that you felt like a ******--do you think you were treated like one too ?
( Is ****** now a catch all phrase we can use if we feel that life has been unfair to us or do you think it might be a word we should avoid ? )

• Banned

I'm sorry that you felt like a ******--do you think you were treated like one too ?
( Is ****** now a catch all phrase we can use if we feel that life has been unfair to us or do you think it might be a word we should avoid ? )

I think we will always want to scapegoat some group and make them the '*******' of the society.

I didn't uee the term aloud at work. When this happened I felt badly, and unfairly treated, devalued as a human being, and more or less clear that my status as a long term partner of a woman living with her for so many years didn't even rise to the level of a common law marriage.

How it was the same civil rights issue is that I had to press the unfairness to get the policy changed. Everyone got it, which was not true in MLK's day when he was labeled as an extremist.

I think we will always want to scapegoat some group and make them the '*******' of the society.

What's your favorite group to scapegoat or do people who feel as if they have been scapegoated at one time or another feel so traumatized that they now just welcome everyone with open arms?

Oh, wah. If you want normal allowances, make normal choices.

normal allowances? normal choices...you think sexuality is a choice? at what age and why did you decide to be hetrosexual?

Age 10 when I saw my first *really cute* boy. The first one I didn't want to push off the monkey bars, and split his skull.

Hmm ... you sure someone else didn't tell you he was "cute"?

normal allowances? normal choices...you think sexuality is a choice? at what age and why did you decide to be hetrosexual?

Choice or not, it's not normal. If you want to be treated "normal", then don't act "different".

Actually, difference is the only thing "normal" in life ... unless you like robots or clones.

Was there any reason for the title then outright sensationalism? I cant see where in the article your title for the thread is justified.

Libs like to say the word "******". When they aren't able to say it about blacks, then they like to use it when they refer to the way conservatives think of blacks.

And when they get caught on that...they take a whole different minority and attach the "******" handle on them, and accuse the right of "thinking" of that group as *******.

It's an elitist thing.

Is there a reason the OP couldn't edit out the racial slur in the title?

Forum List

Back