Gays are divorcing already

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/12/10/gay.divorces.ap/index.html

Its hardly been 7 months and they are already starting to divorce.

Here is an interesting question though. The Massachusetts SC said they have a right to marry did it say they had a right to divorce? Perhaps they shouldnt. I mean they fought so hard to marry why should they be able to divorce as well?

Whats funny is they seem to be blaming divorce on hetrosexuals.

Regardless we do need to fix these divorce laws.

extract from your article:

"Newlyweds seeking to renounce the vows they so recently took have been trickling into probate courts across the state, filling out obsolete forms that still read "husband" and "wife."
=================================

OBSOLETE forms????????

These media swine really get on my nerves.

But there are funny aspects to this article. After being married only seven months, these two squirrels claim that "our interests have grown in different directions." After SEVEN MONTHS?????? Boy that's some kinda fast "growing". But the good news is that there appears to be little acrimony, with the only contentious issue being the custody of the three - cats.

I have an idea. Instead of marriage or "civil unions" maybe homosexuals should simply be issued a cohabitation license - much the same as a fishing or hunting license. It would be good for six months. After that, they could buy another license or they could split the pussycats and go their separate ways.

Guess it really was all about the illict sex and the thrill is gone now that it's "approved."

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/12/10/gay.divorces.ap/index.html

Its hardly been 7 months and they are already starting to divorce.

Here is an interesting question though. The Massachusetts SC said they have a right to marry did it say they had a right to divorce? Perhaps they shouldnt. I mean they fought so hard to marry why should they be able to divorce as well?

Whats funny is they seem to be blaming divorce on hetrosexuals.

Regardless we do need to fix these divorce laws.

NO kidding!!!!!!!!! The Divorce Industry is a multi-billion dollar a year cash cow for not only the legal profession but the counselling profession as well.

I once read that gay marriage was opposed by 67% of Americans but supported by 100% of divorce attorneys. Well, why not? After all they would be the biggest ones to benefit. Millions of potential clients appearing overnight! With billions of dollars of potential income!

Merlin1047 said:
Batshit.

By the way - I think you would have dug that booger out by now.

That's yer bestest buddy and our very own American Nero, and he's still working on it. He has to be careful though or he'll pull his one functioning brain cell out with it.

Bullypulpit said:
That's yer bestest buddy and our very own American Nero, and he's still working on it. He has to be careful though or he'll pull his one functioning brain cell out with it.
That's funny... I didn't know that Nero was responsible for the liberation of countries outside of the Roman Empire! Edward Gibbon never mentioned it in his work ... "Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire"!

I think that the REAL American Nero was your buddy.... WC Fields' kid brother.... Clinton. After all ... when the terrorists committed acts of war against us... he did what was tantamount to fiddling while Rome burnt to the ground....

By the way, when are you liberal parrots going to stop with squawking about Bush is an idiot, Bush lied, Haliburton, blah blah blah? You're not going to get the cracker! You lost!

Merlin1047 said:
I have an idea. Instead of marriage or "civil unions" maybe homosexuals should simply be issued a cohabitation license - much the same as a fishing or hunting license. It would be good for six months. After that, they could buy another license or they could split the pussycats and go their separate ways.
:rotflmao:

But seriously, if half of straight marriages end in divorce, why would you think that there wouldn't be a similar divorce rate in homosexual marriages?

Merlin1047 said:

Damn! I should have made a crack about thinking outside the box! :teeth:

Merlin1047 said:
extract from your article:

"Newlyweds seeking to renounce the vows they so recently took have been trickling into probate courts across the state, filling out obsolete forms that still read "husband" and "wife."
=================================

OBSOLETE forms????????

These media swine really get on my nerves.

But there are funny aspects to this article. After being married only seven months, these two squirrels claim that "our interests have grown in different directions." After SEVEN MONTHS?????? Boy that's some kinda fast "growing". But the good news is that there appears to be little acrimony, with the only contentious issue being the custody of the three - cats.

In Massachusetts, where gay marriage is legal, a legal form for married couplesthat reads only husband in wife is an outdated and obsolete form. This isn't media spin, it's just a fact.

Do some research heterosexual couples also divorce after seven months.

Oh wait, what am I saying, the lustful, promiscuous, morally challenged gays are obviously all going to get a divorce. The problem will solve itself! Come on man, people have the right to get divorced. Oh wait, no they don't! It's not in the constitution!

Here's what I find hilarious...although I can't confirm it.

I heard on a local talk station that many companies in Mass. are withdrawing Partner Benefits
since Gay Marriage is legal now. They say hey...ya want benefits get married.
Guess who seems to be the most pissed? Yep the gays. They say, hey not fair it's more difficult for us to decide to be Married than heterosexuals....What a crock a shit...except for the Holy-wood types (Brittany), It's a difficult move for anyone with common sense.

ali-money! gays have discovered the secret of continued support even after you've taken half.....

I wonder how they determine which one is the "bitch"

:moon4:

Mr. P said:
Here's what I find hilarious...although I can't confirm it.

I heard on a local talk station that many companies in Mass. are withdrawing Partner Benefits
since Gay Marriage is legal now. They say hey...ya want benefits get married.
Guess who seems to be the most pissed? Yep the gays. They say, hey not fair it's more difficult for us to decide to be Married than heterosexuals....What a crock a shit...except for the Holy-wood types (Brittany), It's a difficult move for anyone with common sense.
It makes you wonder where gay rights ends and gay privilege starts.

Of course, this is how it always goes, isn't it? A movement starts to address some wrongs committed against a group of people (blacks, women, gays etc). Eventually, they acheive most, if not all, their original objectives. Then what? Do they disband, pat themselves on the shoulder and say "We done good"? No... they come up with more demands! They become more extreme and eventually they become irrelevant!

Bullypulpit said:

Amazing how their bestest buddy could beat your bestest buddy so handily, I guess he should have campaigned with his one functioning brain cell tied behind his back to make it fair. (Psst! The secret is actually taking a stand once in a while, not everything should be couched in legaleze allowing you to attempt to slip out of the mud you might find yourself in.)

Anyway as to the article, why would anybody think that Gays would have any better chance than the more mainstream hetero marriages? (BTW - First marriages don't end in divorce 50% of the time, it is all marriages inclusive that count in that particular statistic those people that have 15 or 16 marriages and still haven't got the clue that it is hard to stay married, thus the percentage is skewed toward those that get divorced.)

MissileMan said:
:rotflmao:

But seriously, if half of straight marriages end in divorce, why would you think that there wouldn't be a similar divorce rate in homosexual marriages?

Why should they divorce? Aren't most of the "man/woman" marriages ended because of infidelity, on the man's part? You put two sex hungry men together and they have no excuses. No headache bs, etc. Heck they can f all they want since they are both sex addicts. Maybe the excuse for infidelity isn't a valid one after all. Maybe men are just dogs. ROFLMAO........ God I love men, they are so predictable if nothing else.

But seriously……………….. :dunno:

pretender said:
Why should they divorce? Aren't most of the "man/woman" marriages ended because of infidelity, on the man's part? You put two sex hungry men together and they have no excuses. No headache bs, etc. Heck they can f all they want since they are both sex addicts. Maybe the excuse for infidelity isn't a valid one after all. Maybe men are just dogs. ROFLMAO........ God I love men, they are so predictable if nothing else.

But seriously……………….. :dunno:

In what way are men predictable? It seems like you've had some bad times with them. Shouldn't you have learned to expect that predictable behavior?

Forum List

Back