Gay Travels in the Muslim World

I am showing that Muslims can interpret the Q'uran differently, like this young student in the US.

Islam is not one monolithic entity like Kalam says.

Last edited:
One gay Muslim is training to be an imam, or religious scholar, in Washington D.C. He prefers to go by Abdala because other Muslim scholars don't know he's gay. Abdala hopes to use his education to help fellow gay Muslims come to terms with their sexuality.

"I'm training to be an imam so I can provide a better service of how to live in this society," Abdala said. Abdala does not believe that the Quoran condemns homosexuality. He explains that in the religious text, men are punished 'for raping and abusing other men' not for engaging in consensual sex.

"I've always challenged scholars because they're heterosexual and that's why they interpreted it that way," Abdala said. "I think I'm breaking new ground."

Still, Abdala acknowledges that he hasn't been open about his homosexuality in training. His instructors have said that being gay is going against good ethics and morals. He worries that coming out would impede the training process and hurt his chances of graduation. If Abdala doesn't graduate, he won't be able to offer religious services to other gay Muslims.

Traditional Muslim scholars don't accept alternative interpretations to the Quoran.Hamza Yusuf, a Muslim scholar at the Bay Area's Zaytuna Institute, condemns those who try to find new meaning in the holy text.

To Be Gay and Muslim | | AlterNet

In the Muslim countries Sky Dancer? No, of course not. In the West.

And since they are in the West. You know what the Muslim leaders of the Muslim countries say about the gay training to be an Imam, do you?

Traditional scholars run all the Muslim countries since their laws forbid such.

Apparently, one way that gay and lesbian Muslims get around this oppression is to enter into marriages of convenience with each other.

Muslim homosexual men advertise to marry Muslim lesbians.

And if they are caught.

They are kille
d.

I know all this Ropey. I had a Muslim poster tell me he wished I would go to Iran so that I could be killed and the mods did nothing about the post. I know what it's like to face hatred for being gay. (Which is why I'm sensitive about anyone telling me to go to Iran to learn my lesson.)

I will not retaliate hate all Muslims, nor will I condemn the entire religion based on the extremists in their ranks.

Same is true for Christians. Some are extremists and hate me for being lesbian and I will not hate all Christians for the actions of the extremists in their ranks.

Last edited:
I will not retaliate hate all Muslims, nor will I condemn the entire religion based on the extremists in their ranks.

Same is true for Christians. Some are extremists and hate me for being lesbian and I will not hate all Christians for the actions of the extremists in their ranks.

No one is asking you to do so.

On a day-to-day basis, without calling the behavior gay, sex between men is not uncommon in Egypt.

Gay Travels in the Muslim World: An Interview With Michael Luongo

Wonderful. They have to lie, hide in the closet, and worry about being killed, yet I am supposed to get all gooey inside and decide that my views on the political structure of Islam are all wrong simply because you find one idiot that talks about it openly.

Here is what happens when they get caught.

LGBT Asylum News: Video: Palestinian gay refugees in Israel; Israeli gay Arab kidnapped

On a day-to-day basis, without calling the behavior gay, sex between men is not uncommon in Egypt.

Wonderful. They have to lie, hide in the closet, and worry about being killed, yet I am supposed to get all gooey inside and decide that my views on the political structure of Islam are all wrong simply because you find one idiot that talks about it openly.

LGBT Asylum News: Video: Palestinian gay refugees in Israel; Israeli gay Arab kidnapped

I don't really care what you think about Islam. You're entitled. I don't hate them even though they persecute and kill my kind.

Islam's Love-Hate Relationship with Homosexuality
By: Serge Trifkovic
FrontPageMagazine.com | Friday, January 24, 2003

One in a series of excerpts adapted by Robert Locke from Dr. Serge Trifkovic’s new book
The Sword of the Prophet: A Politically-Incorrect Guide to Islam
“This sin, the impact of which makes one’s skin crawl, which words cannot describe, is evidence of perverted instincts, total collapse of shame and honor, and extreme filthiness of character and soul… The heavens, the Earth and the mountains tremble from the impact of this sin. The angels shudder as they anticipate the punishment of Allah to descend upon the people who commit this indescribable sin.” (1)

There are many sins in Islam that may fit this description, from idolatry, atheism, and apostasy, to drunkenness, adultery, and questioning the divine origin of the Koran. In this particular instance it refers to homosexuality, for which a death sentence remains on the statute books and is enforced in several Islamic countries.

In Saudi Arabia on April 16, 2001, five homosexuals were sentenced to 2,600 lashes and 6 years in prison, and four others to 2,400 lashes and 5 years’ imprisonment for “deviant sexual behavior.” Amnesty International subsequently reported that six men were executed on charges of deviant sexual behavior, some of which were related to their sexual orientation, but it was uncertain whether the six men who were executed were among the nine who were sentenced to flogging and imprisonment in April (2).

It is difficult to establish precisely the number of homosexuals that have been executed in Iran since the Islamic revolution in 1979, since not all sentences are widely publicized, but estimates range from several hundred to 4,000 (3). According to Amnesty International, at least three homosexual men and two lesbians were publicly beheaded in January 1990. The Islamic Penal Law Against Homosexuals, approved in July 1991 and ratified in November of that year, is simple. Article 110: “Punishment for sodomy is killing; the Sharia judge decides on how to carry out the killing.” Article 129: “Punishment for lesbianism is one hundred (100) lashes for each party.” Article 131: “If the act of lesbianism is repeated three times and punishment is enforced each time, the death sentence will be issued the fourth time.”

FrontPage Magazine - Islam's Love-Hate Relationship with Homosexuality

I don't really care what you think about Islam. You're entitled. I don't hate them even though they persecute and kill my kind.

Hate Islam ? Please you suffer from extreme Islamophilia .

Islam is not a them, it is a political philosophy. I don't hate political philosophies, nor do I hate Muslims. Neither of those means that I close my eyes to the truth. Maybe you should get past your phobia about people not understanding your position and thinking you actually hate someone, you might be able to deal with the world the way it is.

Forum List

Back