Gay state legislator threatens to reveal colleague's infidelities.

I find it amusing too. People who don't like being ridiculed for their marriage practices are ridiculing others for theirs. That's politics my friend, and makes for some light entertainment.

Ok,let's put aside the gay thing for a minute. So this is how we are going to b governed now? Someone puts a hint of,something out(which may or may not be true) and now we are going to vote for or against legislation on the basis of Peyton place drama? So the legislator turns the spotlight on a trumped up issue and that is going to determine how laws are made. This theme is all over the ops these days. Woman cheats on husband so she can't be against abortion type birth control. Man cheats on wife so he can't believe that marriage should only be between a man and a woman. It is irrational and nonsensical. If you are not a perfect human being(and none of us are) then you can't advocate for any boundaries on human behavior or any mores for society. If there is not,a collective that believes,in some,form of,cultural structure then we devolve into,anarchy. See the men are pigs op in the health section for,proof,of just,such a descent into our darker selves. Our politics is populated by a plague of classless mental pygmies unable to persuade but more than happy to blackmail.

Have a drink on me.

Tom Delay was alleged to have coerced his girl friend to have an abortion, and he was one of the pillars of the social con right. The far right is always harping on Bill Clinton's amazing sexual behavior. A Speaker of the House, who had been savaging Clinton on the Lewinsky affair, had to resign when his adultery was exposed. Good times, all.

Both sides play hardball, folks, and punishing your enemy is part of it.

Tom Delay was alleged to have coerced his girl friend to have an abortion, and he was one of the pillars of the social con right. The far right is always harping on Bill Clinton's amazing sexual behavior. A Speaker of the House, who had been savaging Clinton on the Lewinsky affair, had to resign when his adultery was exposed. Good times, all.

If there is some wrongdoing expose it. You can't say vote how I tell you to vote or I'll expose you.

If there is some wrongdoing expose it. You can't say vote how I tell you to vote or I'll expose you.
You're right. She should just expose them. Republicans are all hypocritical assholes. She should reveal them for what they are.

Ok,let's put aside the gay thing for a minute. So this is how we are going to b governed now? Someone puts a hint of,something out(which may or may not be true) and now we are going to vote for or against legislation on the basis of Peyton place drama?

Your mistake is thinking that this is a new phenomenon when that is the way things have been for thousands of years.

I got all that. So we don't get a Declaration of Independence because Jefferson was mixing it up with a slave. Or we don't have Camelot because Kennedy couldn't keep it in his pants. Indiscretions never used to be in the calculus for judging leaders. On top of that we are supposed to have evolved to higher beings than 2000 years ago. And finally when president Clinton has his little peccadillos it is supposed tobe none of our business but if someone else in the other party dilly dallys let's drop the hammer on him. Much ado about nothing while Rome burns

Forum List

Back