Gay soldier releases thousands of documents to Wikileak

So?

And BTW...Go Bradley Manning...not because he's a homo but because of making sure there's a little transparency in the corrupt government and military industrial complex.

Hey, dumbass: The "transparency" you're mindlessly cheerleading is going to get people killed.

Not that you give a shit.

If you're truly worried about people getting killed, you may want to reconsider your pro-war stance.

So?

And BTW...Go Bradley Manning...not because he's a homo but because of making sure there's a little transparency in the corrupt government and military industrial complex.

Hey, dumbass: The "transparency" you're mindlessly cheerleading is going to get people killed.

If you're truly worried about people getting killed, you may want to reconsider your pro-war stance.

I will reconsider the war on terror just as soon as Islam condemns all terror and reforms the religion from accepting mayhem and murder done in its name.

I will reconsider the war on terror just as soon as Islam condemns all terror and reforms the religion from accepting mayhem and murder done in its name.
At least you admit that it's a war on Islam. ;)

At least you admit that it's a war on Islam. ;)

It is a war on terror. It just so happens the main proponent of that war is Islam. But hey thanks for playing.

Don't get me wrong....I have nothing against Gays.

That's a lie if I ever saw one.

The King of Liars calling someone else a liar, now THAT is RICH.

You politically correct dumb asses ignoring a motive cause it does not bode well for one of your protected classes is hilarious if not also a bad sign of times to come as we ignore what causes problems in an effort to protect certain groups.
Tell me...why would one bad gay person be the representative of all gay people? Are you fucking serious you asshole???

Are you representative of every ex-marine conservative? If so, we need to lock all of your asses up. :cuckoo:

The King of Liars calling someone else a liar, now THAT is RICH.

You politically correct dumb asses ignoring a motive cause it does not bode well for one of your protected classes is hilarious if not also a bad sign of times to come as we ignore what causes problems in an effort to protect certain groups.

One person's motive does not mean that everyone that shares some particular characteristic will commit the same crime. If he's gay, and if he released the documents because he doesn't agree with a policy he knew existed before he joined, then he's a dumbass and I hope he enjoys prison.

Ignoring the possibility and dismissing it out of hand does not bode well for future crimes and catching the perpetrator.
So you now are firmly convinced gays shouldn't serve because of this incident. Guess what? He's also a Christian...no more Christians. He's also white...no more whites. He's also a male...no more males.

You are absolutely the biggest fucking idiot on the planet.

bradmnng1280178345084.jpg

I know this is not much of an issue to some but I just found out that Private Bradford Manning, the 22 year old that released all of those documents on the war to Wikileak was Gay. I can't find any stories that state this fact but Fox News this morning let it slip.

Background of Pfc. Manning and criminal charges
According to The New York Times, Manning spent his early childhood in Oklahoma with his father and, while he was staying with his mother in southwest Wales as a teenager, "classmates made fun of him for being gay."[18] Former neighbors in Oklahoma described the young Manning as "opinionated beyond his years about politics, religion, and even about keeping religion out of politics."[18] Manning "refused to recite the parts of the Pledge of Allegiance that referred to God or do homework assignments that involved the Scriptures."[18] In the Army, Manning's "social life was defined by the need to conceal his sexuality under 'don't ask, don't tell[.]' "[18] Sometime in 2008, when Manning visited Cambridge, Massachusetts "to visit a man he had fallen in love with," he became

part of a social circle that included politically motivated computer hackers and his boyfriend, a self-described drag queen. So when his military career seemed headed nowhere good, Private Manning, 22, turned increasingly to those friends for moral support.[18] Arrest of Bradley Manning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Shades of Columbine folks.

I wonder why the media felt they needed to hide this?

Did they intentionally hide this or did the media feel it wasn't important?

What this kid did will only set a bad example to other disgruntled soldiers. Soldiers that feel disgruntled for one reason or another.....and being a closet gay in the military is one reason to be disgruntled because of the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy in the military.

Is the military full of PFC Mannings waiting to voice not only their displeasure for the war but the military's anti-Gay policies?

Here is an example of one in particular: The Heroism of PFC Bradley Manning | CommonDreams.org

I don't care if he's gay. He should be court martialed for treason then shot.
If only that happened to the people who leaked that information about Afghanistan, just tally up all those manslaughter charges and a life sentance in no time.

That poor kid has had it. I suspect there will be millions calling for his death but as a technicality I'm not certain this qualifies as an act of treason. Prosecutions for treason are rare. I suspect something far less interesting.

I believe this kid did this partly because of his sexual orientation. Not that being Gay is a reason to commit espionage but Gays tend to run in circles that are more open to liberal ideals. The same ideals that thinks it's ok to release thousand of classified documents to the public. So I believe he was a security risk and being gay was just one of the reasons.
I am still wondering how a mere Private gained access to so many confidential documents and reports.

I've never been in the service, but from what I understand, enlisted receive intel on a need-to-know basis. He should have not had the access and clearance to obtain all of the information that was leaked. This leads me to three possibilities:

1. He was not acting alone.

2. The military still does not have sufficient encryption (remember when the Taliban were using our unencrypted GPS satellites?)

3. He is a fall-guy, and the real investigation continues.

---

As to why he did it, this is largely irrelevant. One incident does not make a trend.

A traitor is a traitor.

---

Unfortunate that he was not a Log-Cabin Republican?

read Tom Clancy much? :lol:

the stuff stolen is not really all that valuable. and who do you think transmits and sends all this stuff around military sites? yep, the lowly enlisted men and women.

it is all old material that is dated and from what I remember hearing it is full of snap shots and unprocessed reports.

except for pr and shit, this is such a non story

Pretty much.....but it's still a serious crime.

Folks want to sluff that off but this is serious and not the tiny little thing Libs want to make it out to be.

mudwhistle wrote:

Pretty much.....but it's still a serious crime.

Folks want to sluff that off but this is serious and not the tiny little thing Libs want to make it out to be.

Who do you see "sloughing that off", mudwhistle? This was a terrible post. You are insinuating liberals are less patriotic, and therefore less concerned about treason. It was a stupid and untrue thing to write.

Don't get me wrong....I have nothing against Gays.

That's a lie if I ever saw one.

You wouldn't know the difference between a lie and the truth...which pretty much explains your political leanings.....way to the left.

Wonder why a mod would go around calling members on this board bold-faced liars in the open rather then in a PM like you're supposed to. Personally speaking.....since you become one this place lost a little class in the process.

[

You wouldn't know the difference between a lie and the truth...which pretty much explains your political leanings.....way to the left.

Wonder why a mod would go around calling members on this board bold-faced liars in the open rather then in a PM like you're supposed to. Personally speaking.....since you become one this place lost a little class in the process.

1) So you are Ok with gays?
2) There is nothing in the rules that says a mod can't call you out to be a liar.
3) This place lost class the day Dud and Newby became Mods
4) You are still enough of a Newb not to know that when Kathi (Annie), Drain, OCA et al were in charge, this truly was a place lacking class.
5) At the end of the day, shut the fuck up until you know what you're talking about ----NEWB...

how do we know his gayness had nothing to do with leaking the documents?

if a member of the KKK leaked documents leading to embarressment and death of some other klan members, would it be relevant that he was sticking it to a black chick?

some might say so.

how do we know his gayness had nothing to do with leaking the documents?
better question: how do you know it did?

My point wasn't that he committed treason because of his sexual orientation...but the fact that the media practically ignored his history when they released the story.

Being Gay may have played into it and may not have. I've noticed that Gays seem to have a chip on their shoulder against the GOP and thus against the military. It only makes sense that he would do this because the fact that he was Gay means he's Liberal and possibly an Obama supporter if not a Democrat supporter.

The fact that the information leaked wasn't what some would call extremely sensitive. This information is a treasure-trove of intel for the enemy. I've read some of it. It could be extremely useful. I don't know what it proves other then that the military spends alot of money. However Congress wastes alot of money too....so the point is lost.

One person's motive does not mean that everyone that shares some particular characteristic will commit the same crime. If he's gay, and if he released the documents because he doesn't agree with a policy he knew existed before he joined, then he's a dumbass and I hope he enjoys prison.

Ignoring the possibility and dismissing it out of hand does not bode well for future crimes and catching the perpetrator.

There have been gays serving in the military since the beginning of the military. If this is some precursor of things to come, what's taken so long?

I think since Democrats have taken up their cause and demonized the GOP....accused them of being homophobes and such....it's understandable that more and more believe in their BS. Causing divisions is what Democrats do.

Harry Reid said that Hispanics can't possibly be Republicans. What kind of shit is that???
I think Harry Reid would like to say the same of Gays, Blacks or any other group they choose to include on their plantation.

You see folks like Harry Reid feel that Gays, Hispanics, and Blacks among others need to stand up to the Fat-cats on Wallstreet, BP, Christians, White Males, the military, or anyone else they've demonized in their move to divide this nation. Let's not forget that Harry is a Christian, a White Male, and rich as shit. Utter hypocrisy I tell you.

since you become one this place lost a little class in the process.

Bullshit. USMB has always been at the bottom of the barrel as far as class is concerned.

I disagree. There have been many forums I've been on where you get banned for the most minute of infractions....This place is a lot better than that.

That's partly why I'm here....because sometimes I like to voice my honest opinion. However when you become a mod you shouldn't be a troublemaker. You need to remain unbiased. If not you can't possibly do your job fairly or effectively.

Forum List

Back