Gay soldier releases thousands of documents to Wikileak

leaving out editorializing and opinion there is something most agree on:

The materials in question mostly consist of immediate incident reports — seemingly downloaded directly from CIDNE, a massive reporting database the military maintains in Afghanistan and Iraq. These reports are about as accurate as first reports from a crime scene: often accurate in atmosphere, but usually wrong on details. -The Wiki leak is more and less important than you think | Need to Know | PBS

---

"(While) there was no bombshell in the WikiLeaks documents ... -Editorial boards debate the value of WikiLeaks' document dump | OregonLive.com

A fact the press wouldn't resist making known in every story 24/7.

But since he's Gay...and I'd be willing to bet my paycheck is probably also a registered Democrat....no mention.

So why the silence????
The fact that the NYT/NBC/WaPo have narratives and agendas that they push is no secret.

Yet, I do not think the personal life of this traitor is a news item...should they publish that he was in the middle of a divorce proceeding, for instance? Or that he grew up in a poor/rich/abusive/coddled home?

Tis why I generally don't read/watch NYT/NBC/WaPo for serious news. I do enjoy the NYT food section, however.

Because that little morsle of information doesn't fit into their image of how the world works. Gays aren't bad people.....they can't possibly be. Just like blacks can't possibly be racist. The focus is on Wikileak...not the traitor. You see it really doesn't work for the media. They can't show us that anyone can be a rotten traitor. Even a member of one of their protected special interest groups.

Don't get me wrong....I have nothing against Gays. I just don't cotton to what I see as uneven coverage. Nobody deserves special consideration.
The fact that I have a increasingly difficult time distinguishing between tabloids and newspapers is disturbing.

how do we know his gayness had nothing to do with leaking the documents?

if a member of the KKK leaked documents leading to embarressment and death of some other klan members, would it be relevant that he was sticking it to a black chick?

some might say so.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong....I have nothing against Gays.

That's a lie if I ever saw one.

The King of Liars calling someone else a liar, now THAT is RICH.

You politically correct dumb asses ignoring a motive cause it does not bode well for one of your protected classes is hilarious if not also a bad sign of times to come as we ignore what causes problems in an effort to protect certain groups.

Don't get me wrong....I have nothing against Gays.

You politically correct dumb asses ignoring a motive cause it does not bode well for one of your protected classes is hilarious if not also a bad sign of times to come as we ignore what causes problems in an effort to protect certain groups.

One person's motive does not mean that everyone that shares some particular characteristic will commit the same crime. If he's gay, and if he released the documents because he doesn't agree with a policy he knew existed before he joined, then he's a dumbass and I hope he enjoys prison.

One person's motive does not mean that everyone that shares some particular characteristic will commit the same crime. If he's gay, and if he released the documents because he doesn't agree with a policy he knew existed before he joined, then he's a dumbass and I hope he enjoys prison.

Ignoring the possibility and dismissing it out of hand does not bode well for future crimes and catching the perpetrator.

Ignoring the possibility and dismissing it out of hand does not bode well for future crimes and catching the perpetrator.

There have been gays serving in the military since the beginning of the military. If this is some precursor of things to come, what's taken so long?

better question: how do you know it did?

i don't

it just seems like so many on this board think its outrageous to even bring up the subject.

is it really that unbelievable to think that a gay soldier might do something to harm the military as some sort of twisted response to the military's treatment of gays?

the man obviously has a grudge with the military. can you think of a better reason why he did it?

or maybe he's just a hero bringing light to the evils of war.

maybe.

i don't

it just seems like so many on this board think its outrageous to even bring up the subject.

is it really that unbelievable to think that a gay soldier might do something to harm the military as some sort of twisted response to the military's treatment of gays?

the man obviously has a grudge with the military. can you think of a better reason why he did it?

maybe.
or, he could have become disillusioned with the service and percieved that the way to what he thought were injustices addressed was to expose them

Well, first I don't give a flip what his motives were or whether the material was actually useful to the Taliban. Fact is, it was classified and that should have been enough. If he had help in this crime, his conspirators, inside or outside the Army, should be prosecuted right along with him.

I'm not getting where some posters are going. Some of you seem to assume all GLBT people are Dems. False. That Dems are less patriotic. False. The GLBT people are less patriotic. False. That the NYT would find this guy's treason more palatable if he did the heinous act "to advance a gay agenda". Come again? How in the hell is giving aid to the Taliban "advancing a gay agenda"?

We are all also assuming that this guy's sexual orientation has been correctly reported. But what if that's not true and he's straight? Ain't you gonna feel a little stupid? Mebbe the NYT did not report on his being gay because they could not confirm it...yanno, fact-based reporting?

What a bunch of hang-wringing gibberish. My bank was robbed last week. Was it somehow "more" robbed if the robber was gay? Some of you guys make me just nutz with the ridiculous fear-mongering and bullshit. Do you seriously think "motive" is a defense to treason?

i don't

maybe.
or, he could have become disillusioned with the service and percieved that the way to what he thought were injustices addressed was to expose them

maybe. that's a very plausible scenario.

do you think it's possible his sexuality could have played a role in his decision?

Well, first I don't give a flip what his motives were or whether the material was actually useful to the Taliban. Fact is, it was classified and that should have been enough. If he had help in this crime, his conspirators, inside or outside the Army, should be prosecuted right along with him.

I'm not getting where some posters are going. Some of you seem to assume all GLBT people are Dems. False. That Dems are less patriotic. False. The GLBT people are less patriotic. False. That the NYT would find this guy's treason more palatable if he did the heinous act "to advance a gay agenda". Come again? How in the hell is giving aid to the Taliban "advancing a gay agenda"?

We are all also assuming that this guy's sexual orientation has been correctly reported. But what if that's not true and he's straight? Ain't you gonna feel a little stupid? Mebbe the NYT did not report on his being gay because they could not confirm it...yanno, fact-based reporting?

What a bunch of hang-wringing gibberish. My bank was robbed last week. Was it somehow "more" robbed if the robber was gay? Some of you guys make me just nutz with the ridiculous fear-mongering and bullshit. Do you seriously think "motive" is a defense to treason?

does your bank have a "don't ask don't tell policy?"

a black guy kills 8 white co-workers, and no one can see race as a possible issue.
a gay leaks military documents, and his sexuality cannot be brought in to question.

we are not supposed to infer motive.

yet jim david adkisson kills a bunch of people (and happens to own beck/oreilly/hannity books) and somehow right wing radio hosts are to blame.

I served with many people in their early 20's with Top Secret SCI clearances.

Here's a newsflash for ya, cad. 99.9% of people in the military are fine, patriotic types who are making huge sacrifices for their country -- and this includes the gay service people. Occasionally, the military, like the CIA etc., has a spy problem. When that happens, it is best to prosecute the crime without fretting overly much about their motive. I'm sure all acts of treason against the US have been committed by people who felt they had some justification for their illegal acts.

And I just don't give a fuck what those motives might be. Usually its money; shall we begin looking askance at poor military people? Sometimes its politics; shall we look funny at all...(who exactly? the idea that Dems in the military are less patriotic is so stupid I hardly know how to deal with it...but wouldn't Rep soldiers be more suspect during a Dem presidency?)

You seem to want to imply that the military should be guarding against the next gay solider to go off the rails and commit treason because....because why, I cannot imagine. You are a homophobe who attributes bad motives and bad acts to people (you think are) GLBT folks out of unreasoned fear.

Here's a newsflash for ya, cad. 99.9% of people in the military are fine, patriotic types who are making huge sacrifices for their country -- and this includes the gay service people. Occasionally, the military, like the CIA etc., has a spy problem. When that happens, it is best to prosecute the crime without fretting overly much about their motive. I'm sure all acts of treason against the US have been committed by people who felt they had some justification for their illegal acts.

And I just don't give a fuck what those motives might be. Usually its money; shall we begin looking askance at poor military people? Sometimes its politics; shall we look funny at all...(who exactly? the idea that Dems in the military are less patriotic is so stupid I hardly know how to deal with it...but wouldn't Rep soldiers be more suspect during a Dem presidency?)

You seem to want to imply that the military should be guarding against the next gay solider to go off the rails and commit treason because....because why, I cannot imagine. You are a homophobe who attributes bad motives and bad acts to people (you think are) GLBT folks out of unreasoned fear.

first off, i'm not accusing the person of being a lesbian, bisexual or transgendered. why do you bring them in?
i don't think i'm doing any of the things you're accusing me of.
i'm not homophobic.
but obviously in your mind, if someone can see a POSSIBLE connection between someone's sexuality and their anti-military actions, they're an obvious gay-hater.
i'm impressed you aren't concerned with motive. most of us are.

and thank you for telling me that 99.00% of our military are fine patriotic types. i would have never known.
i thought they were all traitorous fags

Forum List

Back