'Gay' romance appropriate for children?

Ok. Here is the way I feel about this whole thing...

I am tired of gay lifestyles being presented to me, the average Christian American, and when I don't embrace it, I am wrong.

I am tired of sex being presented to me (yep, your average Christian American) on tv and the media, and when I don't embrace it, I am wrong.

I am tired of violence being presented to me (same average Christian American!) on the tv and media and when I don't embrace it, I am wrong.

I am tired of psychologists and other "experts" telling me how to raise my children and telling me that spanking them is wrong, and when I don't embrace their advice, I am wrong.

I am tired of tv and the media having no respect for my Christian morals or being allowed to pray or honor my Lord outside of my home or place of worship, and if I do, I am being told I am wrong. This country was founded upon such Christian principals and morals, and now it is wrong.

My children are in their mid to late teens. If they ever come to me and say, Mom/Dad, I've decided not to bring any children into this moral less world, I would be 110% ok with it. Sure, I would love to have grandchildren some day, but when you think of how hard it is to raise good Christian children these days, it will be even harder for our children to do so with theirs. What a hardship they face, and I am already praying for them. Little by little our rights are being stripped, and when we complain about it, we are wrong. What a shame!

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
hahahahah^^ great signature

NEVER BUY A PT CRUISER. couldnt agree more. garbage cars.

I didnt read this whole thread its entirely too long.

I will post off the subject tho.

hold up tho.....

:puke:

ok.

What in the holy fuck is going on?! This whole "gay movement" is way out of control. Its in commercials, in movies, tv shows, magazines... everywhere!

If you dont accept, as stated above, you are wrong, or homophobic. Now, Im not looking at this from a Christian point of view, but a human being point of view. FUCK forcing that genetic mishap bullshit on me (I tend to believe that 25% of gays are genetically incorrect and the other 75% are attention getters). Im so tired of every show having gay *something* in it now, like its the new minority. Oh wait, it is. It seemed like before, on TV shows (and we all know this) there was a token (insert race here). Now that token is the gay guy. *yuck* ENOUGH ALREADY!

Mainframe said:
hahahahah^^ great signature

NEVER BUY A PT CRUISER. couldnt agree more. garbage cars.

I didnt read this whole thread its entirely too long.

I will post off the subject tho.

hold up tho.....

:puke:

ok.

Hey Main she farted in her PT and it exploded ! :dev1:

Bullypulpit said:
Homosexuality is not a perversion, it just is.

It is as perverse as any perversion can be. It is the very essence of the word.

Don't be an blow hard. (...pun intended.)

jimnyc said:

What about bigamy, incest, and beastiality. They also are, but that still doesn't make them right.

Homosexuality is multi-faceted, and most who are are bi-sexual, or have dabbled in heterosexuality. Maybe they are born that way. Who cares. I still think it's disgusting, and not the standard, and needs to be kept to yourself. If you need self worth, go to college, and get a good job, be an artist. Sexuality is a definer to me. Society is making it a definer, by shoving it down our throats.

I also believe we can all be whatever sexuality we want. We can choose. We can conform. Chameleons.

It's troubling to me that so many are jumping on this bandwagon when it is not the standard, and shouldn't be the standard.

I just recently discovered this web site. And I see that no one has posted anything on this thread for quite some time. But I thought I would give you my opinion....for whatever it's worth.

I am a 42 year old gay father. Yes, a father. I have two children living at home and one who will be 21 this month living on his own.

I have always known that I was gay but was afraid of what the world would do to me if I came out. I had a very close friend in high school tell his parents that he was gay and they kicked him out of their house. He was 17. I did not want that to happen to me and really wasn’t sure what to do so I kept that side of me well hidden.

I got married right out of high school. After 5 years, that marriage failed. Still not ready to deal with who I was, I began dating again and re-married. That marriage lasted for 15 years. It ended because my wife passed away from kidney cancer.

After my wife's death, I got really angry with God. I had made a conscience effort to stay in the closet and play the game that the world wants gays & lesbians to play. I was 100% faithful. I had made a commitment to my wife and no matter what, I was going to fulfill that commitment to her even if it meant I had to be unhappy.

After some real soul searching ...I decided that life was way to short for me not to be the person I was meant to be. Living the lie had to stop...so I came out.

My parents as well as my children have been very supportive. All of my friends have been great. Several even said that they weren't surprised.

I started dating and have met a wonderful guy. He too played the game that the world thinks we should all play. After 13 years of marriage he got divorced. He and his ex-wife have a very good relationship. She understands completely.

We now live together with my two children and we have his two children every other weekend. Our children get along wonderfully. My kids love Joe. I do too. And I know that I am happier now than I have ever been in my life. I am now living the life I feel I was meant to live. And I know that God made me gay and that living my life the way He made me is what I should be doing.

There is a web site out there www.godmademegay.com. It explains homosexuality from a Biblical perspective. I would like to ask that you take the time to read the letter to Louise on this site.

You know, in the Jewish faith, they do not believe that Jesus Christ was the messiah…should we change our laws to force them to believe he was the Son of God? The Church of Christ doesn’t believe in using instrumental music in their worship…should we legally mandate pianos and organs for ALL churches? Certainly not...that is the beauty of this country. We all get to believe and worship God however we see fit. No one gets to tell us how to believe. That's just the way it is.

And yes, some of us believe MUCH more differently than the next. Some things we believe in may even bother others...but that is the way our country works. You know, Jesus even preached that slavery was ok as long as you treated your slaves with respect. But I'm not so sure that would fly in today's society. Yet, if everyone wants to keep throwing the Bible in our faces and quoting scripture all day long...let's go ahead and reinstitute slavery into the 21st century. Or do we only want to quote the scritpures that fuel discrimination. Divorce isn't something that the Bible allows for...I guess we better start working on that one too...clean up all the television programming that exposes our children to divorce.

It really scares me that there is so much hate still in this country. Some of you keep saying things like, "Don't shove homosexuality down our throats." "It's immoral" "It's a mental illness" But for some reason, you feel that it is OK to shove your beliefs down our throats. Television has programs on it all day long showing heterosexual relationships...and that's just great. And Lord knows that today's Soap Operas...in prime time viewing hours...are really good clean family entertainment. But how dare they even think about showing two loving men together in a relationship. Somehow it just seems a little too hypocritical to me.

I know I'm not going to change the minds of everyone out there but if I can make one person understand that gays & lesbians are people too and that we have just as much right to be happy in this world as the rest of society...then I've made progress.

I have also learned another thing in the past year...

Those that matter...don't care.
Those that care...really don't matter.

JohnnyB said:
I just recently discovered this web site. And I see that no one has posted anything on this thread for quite some time. But I thought I would give you my opinion....for whatever it's worth.

I am a 42 year old gay father. Yes, a father. I have two children living at home and one who will be 21 this month living on his own.

I have always known that I was gay but was afraid of what the world would do to me if I came out. I had a very close friend in high school tell his parents that he was gay and they kicked him out of their house. He was 17. I did not want that to happen to me and really wasn’t sure what to do so I kept that side of me well hidden.

I got married right out of high school. After 5 years, that marriage failed. Still not ready to deal with who I was, I began dating again and re-married. That marriage lasted for 15 years. It ended because my wife passed away from kidney cancer.

After my wife's death, I got really angry with God. I had made a conscience effort to stay in the closet and play the game that the world wants gays & lesbians to play. I was 100% faithful. I had made a commitment to my wife and no matter what, I was going to fulfill that commitment to her even if it meant I had to be unhappy.

After some real soul searching ...I decided that life was way to short for me not to be the person I was meant to be. Living the lie had to stop...so I came out.

My parents as well as my children have been very supportive. All of my friends have been great. Several even said that they weren't surprised.

I started dating and have met a wonderful guy. He too played the game that the world thinks we should all play. After 13 years of marriage he got divorced. He and his ex-wife have a very good relationship. She understands completely.

We now live together with my two children and we have his two children every other weekend. Our children get along wonderfully. My kids love Joe. I do too. And I know that I am happier now than I have ever been in my life. I am now living the life I feel I was meant to live. And I know that God made me gay and that living my life the way He made me is what I should be doing.

There is a web site out there www.godmademegay.com. It explains homosexuality from a Biblical perspective. I would like to ask that you take the time to read the letter to Louise on this site.

You know, in the Jewish faith, they do not believe that Jesus Christ was the messiah…should we change our laws to force them to believe he was the Son of God? The Church of Christ doesn’t believe in using instrumental music in their worship…should we legally mandate pianos and organs for ALL churches? Certainly not...that is the beauty of this country. We all get to believe and worship God however we see fit. No one gets to tell us how to believe. That's just the way it is.

And yes, some of us believe MUCH more differently than the next. Some things we believe in may even bother others...but that is the way our country works. You know, Jesus even preached that slavery was ok as long as you treated your slaves with respect. But I'm not so sure that would fly in today's society. Yet, if everyone wants to keep throwing the Bible in our faces and quoting scripture all day long...let's go ahead and reinstitute slavery into the 21st century. Or do we only want to quote the scritpures that fuel discrimination. Divorce isn't something that the Bible allows for...I guess we better start working on that one too...clean up all the television programming that exposes our children to divorce.

It really scares me that there is so much hate still in this country. Some of you keep saying things like, "Don't shove homosexuality down our throats." "It's immoral" "It's a mental illness" But for some reason, you feel that it is OK to shove your beliefs down our throats. Television has programs on it all day long showing heterosexual relationships...and that's just great. And Lord knows that today's Soap Operas...in prime time viewing hours...are really good clean family entertainment. But how dare they even think about showing two loving men together in a relationship. Somehow it just seems a little too hypocritical to me.

I know I'm not going to change the minds of everyone out there but if I can make one person understand that gays & lesbians are people too and that we have just as much right to be happy in this world as the rest of society...then I've made progress.

Well you are a confused one for sure...you married two women and are mad at God...this sums it up...get help and stop confusing your kids! :crutch:

Let's assume you are right and that people are "born" gay. Now, we all know that every person is also born of sin. Therefore, is it okay for us to sin everyday by lying, cheating, stealing, cheating on my wife (I mean, I loooove women, do I really need to control my urges since I was "born" this way?), etc.? No. We are told that we are to TRY to not live in sin. That we are to do all we can NOT to submit to our urges.

Now, the Bible makes it very clear that to practice homosexuality is WRONG. There are no "ifs ands or buts" about it. It is wrong. Therefore, if one is "born" gay, then their mission in life should be to overcome their urges and not act upon them. Just like heterosexual males (females too I guess) have urges to screw around, they have to control them because that is what is RIGHT. Hate the sin, not the sinner....

So if one is gay, claims to be a Christian, yet continues to participate in homesexuality... well, that is akin to a heterosexual screwing around by not contolling his/her urges.

Now, for the record, I am NOT one of those that believes homesexuals are condemned to hell for eternity. If they never turn from Christ and if they continue to seriously fight their urges, they will be forgiven as much as the guy that has a drinking problem but knows that Christ is his saviour.

JohnnyB said:

Now I have to wonder......... why did you feel the need to post this in 2 different threads?

wolverine said:
Simple.

The post and run manifesto.

That's what I'm thinking! :teeth: Geez I wonder if he realizes he is going to get his ass handed to him on a platter in here!

Trinity said:
That's what I'm thinking! :teeth: Geez I wonder if he realizes he is going to get his ass handed to him on a platter in here!
Unlikely. Probably won't come back due to his quest to discover new websites.

Hope I'm wrong.

Kudos to Noggin. As far as I know there haven't been any studies that show that exposure to the existance of homosexuality causes one to be homosexual. Moreover, despite all the ranting and raving about how evil, perverted, and destructive homosexuality is... it isn't.

Noggin is going to get a letter of solidarity, and nuts to all the unfortunates who can't accept sexual diversity, for whatever reason.

If this guy is hit and run poster, then I am going to be pissed. Can't stand people like that. You spend all this time responding (can think of two last week) then they leave, never responding and probably claiming victory.

Well, Viva la losers...

Yurt said:
If this guy is hit and run poster, then I am going to be pissed. Can't stand people like that. You spend all this time responding (can think of two last week) then they leave, never responding and probably claiming victory.

Well, Viva la losers...
I believe that he is....

Trinity said:

not sure he would mind that much :dunno:

If Johnny B ever returns....

How was your relationship with your parents, particularly your father, when you were very young?

JohnnyB said:

blah blab blah...gay...blah blah blah... matters...blah blah blah...
you want a medal or a chest to pin it on?
yes fags, male and female, are people too. sick and perverted people.

Forum List

Back