CDZ Gay Republicans -- What are these folks going to do this election cycle

You don't have to appreciate them doing so. You do however have to respect their right to do so. And at no point did the so called Establishment clause ever suggest that religion shouldn't be in government. That is a complete false interpretation . In fact do you know that the very first person hired by the Congress was a Congressional Chaplain? Pretty strange move if they intended there to be no religion in government.
I don't believe I need to respect the right to interfere with others' rights. Nope. Not in this country.

So, you're against militants forcing others to do business with them, or provide alternative bathrooms for them, that sort of thing? Me too.
If you are too tender and fragile a flower to do business with someone based on who he/she loves, you shouldn't be in business. The transgenders didn't ask for alternative bathrooms. The people who are scared to death of them did.

That makes no sense. Either you are FOR protecting rights, are you aren't . How you feel about the person, or even the right they are exercising, should be irrelevant.

With your reasoning, the majority could at any time say " If you don't believe in God, shut your mouth" or any other justification for taking rights away from others.

Either we all have rights, or none of us do. I don't approve of gays, at all. They don't need my approval, they only need my recognition of their rights.

THAT is exactly what I'm talking about. Each side stubbornly defends only the rights of certain groups. Pathetic
If you approve of gays' rights, why did you say you don't want to be forced to do business with them?
Simple, because I don't think they have a RIGHT to do business with me. I am for full rights for EVERYONE, including the businessman who wants to discriminate with HIS business.

because arabs are lizard eater.they arent human.they are animals
in-tabuk-saudi-arabia-a-man-eats-an-uromastyx-lizard-also-known-as-a-dabb-lizard-these-animals-served-cooked-or-raw-are-thought-to-strengthen-the-body-and-treat-diseases.jpg

Alright. Of course we all use our underlying beliefs to make choices in our political views. However, I do not appreciate people of one faith passing laws that interfere with the rights of others. Or having a faith openly used as a 'selling point' by candidates like Cruz/Republicans in general.
I'm not pretending to be a constitutional expert, but the separation of church and state has been seriously discussed by people who aren't totally simple minded. Like Thomas Jefferson, the Supreme Court, etc.
Establishment Clause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You don't have to appreciate them doing so. You do however have to respect their right to do so. And at no point did the so called Establishment clause ever suggest that religion shouldn't be in government. That is a complete false interpretation . In fact do you know that the very first person hired by the Congress was a Congressional Chaplain? Pretty strange move if they intended there to be no religion in government.
I don't believe I need to respect the right to interfere with others' rights. Nope. Not in this country.
To what do you refer exactly?
This thread was begun discussing gay rights. LGBT rights are what I was thinking about.
Well in that case, I agree, my rights should never supercede anyone else's rights. My right to privacy in the restroom should not become more important than others' rights. Likewise, someone else's "right" to use the restroom should not interfere with my right to privacy in said restroom. I have no problem with gender specific restrooms, I have no problem with businesses having non-gender specific restrooms. If you, or anyone else has a problem with how a business configures their restroom, you are free to go somewhere else to releive yourself. That is your right.

Forum List

Back