Gay Pride Parade

I am all for diversity, I really am. Some would say that I don't show that. Show me a single post where I said homosexuality was a sin...you won't.

My problem is the display.

I would say the same thing about two heterosexual teenagers making out in a public park.

A woman in a super small strong bikini on a family beach is inappropriate.

I think that anti-abortion activists who parade around with pictures of dead fetuses are completely out of line and not helping their cause at all.

I think that people who trash neighborhoods and burn cars because their team won a championship are acting inappropriately.

There is a time and a place for everything.

When can we appropriately burn cars? :lol:

But yeah, I agree. It's not that there shouldn't be gay pride parades, it's the inappropriateness of some of the behavior. But of course, without the inappropriateness how would they shock and anyone? And if no one was shocked, no one would speak out against it. And if no one spoke out against it they wouldn't be able to brand others as homophobes. It's like kids that dye their hair green and sneer and say "What are you looking at" if anyone looks at them. It's really pretty juvenile when you think about it.

Trashing neighborhoods and burning cars are illegal acts. Just as some of the acts at these events.

The rest of your most made me think of something

Just as the "N" word, the word "Queer" is supposedly taboo.

But "We're Queer, We're Here, Get Used To It" is ok?

Really bad connection there, how many people get shot, stabbed or beaten by a "gay" mob for saying queer?

When can we appropriately burn cars? :lol:

But yeah, I agree. It's not that there shouldn't be gay pride parades, it's the inappropriateness of some of the behavior. But of course, without the inappropriateness how would they shock and anyone? And if no one was shocked, no one would speak out against it. And if no one spoke out against it they wouldn't be able to brand others as homophobes. It's like kids that dye their hair green and sneer and say "What are you looking at" if anyone looks at them. It's really pretty juvenile when you think about it.

Trashing neighborhoods and burning cars are illegal acts. Just as some of the acts at these events.

Really bad connection there, how many people get shot, stabbed or beaten by a "gay" mob for saying queer?

No..not a connection like that.

I was just curious. We're talking about inappropriate behaviour. The "N" word is wrong - some say the "Q" word is wrong. African-Americans can use the "N" word though because it's ok, it's theirs. Does the same apply to the "Q" word?

Just as I said, if it's inappropriate, it's inappropriate. Doesn't matter who uses what word. Doesn't matter who dresses in what way. Doesn't matter who acts in what manner.

I was just curious. We're talking about inappropriate behaviour. The "N" word is wrong - some say the "Q" word is wrong. African-Americans can use the "N" word though because it's ok, it's theirs. Does the same apply to the "Q" word?

Just as I said, if it's inappropriate, it's inappropriate. Doesn't matter who uses what word. Doesn't matter who dresses in what way. Doesn't matter who acts in what manner.

Most people don't even notice when you say queer, they do notice the context it's used in when you do though. Those who do care generally focus on the context, thus why gay and queer when used inappropriately (based on opinions only) will sometimes create a stir. However again, when has anyone been physically attacked or even legally attacked for using the word queer in any context?

Most people don't even notice when you say queer, they do notice the context it's used in when you do though. Those who do care generally focus on the context, thus why gay and queer when used inappropriately (based on opinions only) will sometimes create a stir. However again, when has anyone been physically attacked or even legally attacked for using the word queer in any context?

I really have no idea if anyone has ever been attacked.

Does that make the word any less inappropriate?

Blacks vehemently reject homosexuality and do not accept it in any large degree. The few black faggots that exist are outcasts.

You have already been shot down on this argument.

BS, when has the Bass been shot down on this?

Your own thread about AID's, you claimed it was a gay disease, I pointed out that more black people have it than white (by a large margin) with the same proof you used. Thus, you were "shot down".

You have already been shot down on this argument.

Your own thread about AID's, you claimed it was a gay disease, I pointed out that more black people have it than white (by a large margin) with the same proof you used. Thus, you were "shot down".

No one said AIDS was a gay disease, what was stated was that the homosexual lifestyle by virtue of its sinfulness and disregard for safety has facilitated a huge spike in the number of AIDS cases.

Do you consider them a poltical movement?

Gay pride parades are political theater. Harvey Milk said all politics is theater. The pride parades and marches arose out of the civil rights movement.

What's interesting to me is that they work. Straight people seem to pay more attend to pride parades then many of us who are gay or lesbian.

The whole point of the parades was to 'come out', to stand and be counted. There has been a shift in attitude that favor equal civil rights--marriage equality and serving openly in the military in part to the movement that started in the sixties and seventies.

No one said AIDS was a gay disease, what was stated was that the homosexual lifestyle by virtue of its sinfulness and disregard for safety has facilitated a huge spike in the number of AIDS cases.

LOL ... go back to some of your posts, just because you didn't use those specific words doesn't mean you had nor made that claim in one form or another.

Forum List

Back