Gay-Pride Parade Sets Mainstream Acceptance Of Gays Back 50 Years

Heterosexuals can oil up and romp with the homosexuals, would be my guess.

And 50 years from now, you will be gone, and all of those under 40 think you are weirder than the gay parade flamers.

Put it in context, kiddo, and flame off.

WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA–The mainstream acceptance of gays and lesbians, a hard-won civil-rights victory gained through decades of struggle against prejudice and discrimination, was set back at least 50 years Saturday in the wake of the annual Los Angeles Gay Pride Parade.

Gay-Pride-Parade_jpg_250x1000_q85.jpg

"I'd always thought gays were regular people, just like you and me, and that the stereotype of homosexuals as hedonistic, sex-crazed deviants was just a destructive myth," said mother of four Hannah Jarrett, 41, mortified at the sight of 17 tanned and oiled boys cavorting in jock straps to a throbbing techno beat on a float shaped like an enormous phallus. "Boy, oh, boy, was I wrong."

The parade, organized by the Los Angeles Gay And Lesbian And Bisexual And Transvestite And Transgender Alliance (LAGALABATATA), was intended to "promote acceptance, tolerance, and equality for the city's gay community." Just the opposite, however, was accomplished, as the event confirmed the worst fears of thousands of non-gay spectators, cementing in their minds a debauched and distorted image of gay life straight out of the most virulent right-wing hate literature.

Among the parade sights and sounds that did inestimable harm to the gay-rights cause: a group of obese women in leather biker outfits passing out clitoris-shaped lollipops to horrified onlookers; a man in military uniform leading a submissive masochist, clad in diapers and a baby bonnet, around on a dog leash; several Hispanic dancers in rainbow wigs and miniskirts performing "humping" motions on a mannequin dressed as the Pope; and a dozen gyrating drag queens in see-through dresses holding penis-shaped beer bottles that appeared to spurt ejaculation-like foam when shaken and poured onto passersby.

Read rest of the article using the link
Gay-Pride Parade Sets Mainstream Acceptance Of Gays Back 50 Years | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Obviously right wingers have never been to "Mardi Gras". I'd show pictures of hetros "acting out", but they are simply too "graphic".

Graphic as they may be, at least they're not PERVERTED.

Oh, yea. What they do at Mardi Gras is SOOOO "normal".

There are probably more swingers in the United States than gays. Considering that straight marriage has only a 50/50 chance of lasting, perhaps right wingers should concentrate on their own.

they are gay and hey are here to stay.

lighten up.

gay people dont have to fit your view of WHAT you want them to be.

They get to be who they are and you need to accept that.

If you dont accept it then you will end up on the trash heap of history

Obviously right wingers have never been to "Mardi Gras". I'd show pictures of hetros "acting out", but they are simply too "graphic".

There are probably more swingers in the United States than gays. Considering that straight marriage has only a 50/50 chance of lasting, perhaps right wingers should concentrate on their own.

You're trying to equate normal heterosexual promiscuity with homosexual perversion. They are not the same thing.

Homosexuality = perverted.

Heterosexuality = normal.

You leftists sure love and adore anything that's weird, odd, twisted and sick don't ya? You're all a bunch of perverts in one way or another.

Last edited:
I have a trouble with any one making pronouncements about other people's perceived "perversion".

The fact is this: both homosexuals and heterosexuals can act poorly or not.

I never heard of a Mardi Gras parade being about tolerance and diversity, fun for the whole family. The gay pride parade is all about tolerance. This is what we are, and damn it, you better tolerate it.

On the other hand, if this is an accurate description of the gay pride parade (are they really proud of thisi???) it is rather mild. The Folsom Street Fair is much worse.

I have a trouble with any one making pronouncements about other people's perceived "perversion".

You made two statements, of which one had nothing to do with the other.

Your first statement of having a problem with someone's "perceived" perversion, there's nothing "perceived" about homosexuality being perverse, it just is.

Your second statement homos and heteros acting poorly or not, spot on.

You're trying to equate normal heterosexual promiscuity with homosexual perversion. They are not the same thing.

You leftists sure love and adore anything that's weird, odd, twisted and sick don't ya? You're all a bunch of perverts in one way or another.

we're awfully fond of you, pole. :thup:

go figure

go figure
So you're leaving the leftist culture there homo-in-the-del?

go figure

try it again

in english, por favor, pole

Your first statement of having a problem with someone's "perceived" perversion, there's nothing "perceived" about homosexuality being perverse, it just is.

You, as a libertarian, sound absolutely inane in your comments.

Heterosexuality in our culture is abnormal not unnatural. It is part of life.

Yes, my comments are logically related, while yours is simply reflective of your opinion.

go figure

Come on, Pale, you are acting as a poor libertarian, you know. Plenty of homosexuals are right wing.

Please don't call them right wingers. They aren't. I am a right winger. And like you, the first thought that sprung to mind was the Mardi Gras parades. Full frontal nudity and all kinds of debauched behavior.

Gay bashers, like all bigots, suffer from a mental defect known as confirmation bias.

Last edited:

Yes, my comments are logically related, while yours is simply reflective of your opinion.
I'm no libertarian jake, I'm an independent.

I also don't kid myself about right and wrong. Homosexuality is a sexual PERVERSION, whether you're incapable of admitting it or not. Heterosexuality is normal, and 99.9% of the entire earth's population knows that. Why don't you?

I also don't kid myself about right and wrong. Homosexuality is a sexual PERVERSION, whether you're incapable of admitting it or not. Heterosexuality is normal, and 99.9% of the entire earth's population knows that. Why don't you?

OK, my mistake. I rewirte and repost: "You, as a confused independent, sound absolutely inane in your comments. Heterosexuality in our culture is abnormal not unnatural. It is part of life. Yes, my comments are logically related, while yours is simply reflective of your opinion."

Your opinion is that homosexuality is a perversion. It carries only the weight of your belief. You don't speak for 99.9% of earth's population.

Last edited:

It's a pity there are people like you who are ignorant and don't know that "abnormal" and "wrong" are not synonymous.

they are gay and hey are here to stay.

lighten up.

gay people dont have to fit your view of WHAT you want them to be.

They get to be who they are and you need to accept that.

If you dont accept it then you will end up on the trash heap of history

As many cultures and civilizations that have normalized homosexuality in the entire past of mankind, have any NOT ended up on the trash heap of history?

This one won't be any different. As many cultures and civilizaitions that have normalized homsosexuality, that value has never survived even ONE of them.

So if the trash heap of history is the goal, it's one we are certainly moving towards

Pale Rider and The Rabbi and such, far far to the right, deny they are statists, yet are both willing to use state and national government to crush private behavior of which they believe are wrong.

Forum List

Back