Gay Pride Parade Commentary

Those against the parade, why not shut down Spring Break (where they have sex in the fucking streets in some places), and Mardis Gras, then you'll have grounds for complaining about Pride Parade. Otherwise you are just hypocrites.

I think many, like myself, don't think the parade should be shut down. I just think they are not helping their cause, if they are trying to become accepted in mainstream society. Just like flashing women are not accepted in mainstream society. ummm.....booobies

They have been accepted for a very long time, catch up, the parade isn't about becoming accepted it's about celebrating, just like Mardis Gras, same thing just different people.

Those against the parade, why not shut down Spring Break (where they have sex in the fucking streets in some places), and Mardis Gras, then you'll have grounds for complaining about Pride Parade. Otherwise you are just hypocrites.

I think many, like myself, don't think the parade should be shut down. I just think they are not helping their cause, if they are trying to become accepted in mainstream society. Just like flashing women are not accepted in mainstream society. ummm.....booobies

They have been accepted for a very long time, catch up, the parade isn't about becoming accepted it's about celebrating, just like Mardis Gras, same thing just different people.

If they were accepted, they wouldn' t be fighting for rights we all have. Rights that they should have, but shoot themselves in the foot every time someone sees footage of these parades. Also, I don' t think Mardi Gras is celebrating heterosexuality,(probably didn't spell that right). In fact, if you have ever seen a GGW video, they definatley aren't celebrating hetro. I am not saying its not their right to have these parades, just not in their best interest.

If they were accepted, they wouldn' t be fighting for rights we all have. Rights that they should have, but shoot themselves in the foot every time someone sees footage of these parades. Also, I don' t think Mardi Gras is celebrating heterosexuality,(probably didn't spell that right). In fact, if you have ever seen a GGW video, they definatley aren't celebrating hetro. I am not saying its not their right to have these parades, just not in their best interest.

What rights? The only thing they are fighting for is equal marriage laws. Again, you are the one saying the parades are about rights, they are not, why can't you see that? If it was about rights it would be called Right Parade, not Pride Parade. Mardis Gras is a parade celebration from a long time ago, though today it's the most lude and perverted display of sexuality, nudity itself isn't sexual (unless you are a pervert). The irony here is that if you don't like it, you don't have to watch it, period. No one makes you watch it, no one forces you to be there, so how can it harm a non-existent cause anyway? All I see is that all those against the parade need to learn how to have fun instead of acting like clones.

What rights? The only thing they are fighting for is equal marriage laws. Again, you are the one saying the parades are about rights, they are not, why can't you see that? If it was about rights it would be called Right Parade, not Pride Parade. Mardis Gras is a parade celebration from a long time ago, though today it's the most lude and perverted display of sexuality, nudity itself isn't sexual (unless you are a pervert). The irony here is that if you don't like it, you don't have to watch it, period. No one makes you watch it, no one forces you to be there, so how can it harm a non-existent cause anyway? All I see is that all those against the parade need to learn how to have fun instead of acting like clones.

Well, if it has nothing to do about rights, then I stand corrected. I do know i see alot of discrimination where I live. Maybe it would be there regardless, though

Well, if it has nothing to do about rights, then I stand corrected. I do know i see alot of discrimination where I live. Maybe it would be there regardless, though

There is in many places, and the organizations that fund the parade tend to be the same ones that fight for fair treatment in these areas. The festival is about the organizations, the booths and such there are often advertisements for support. Our parades have gotten drab, mostly bars and local businesses for floats, a couple were actually cool but most just rolling advertisements for businesses. I miss the pageantry that we use to have.

Anyhow, the organizations are the ones actually doing the work for their rights, the parade is really a celebration of what was accomplished with Stone Wall, thus the large amount of costuming involved.

There is in many places, and the organizations that fund the parade tend to be the same ones that fight for fair treatment in these areas. The festival is about the organizations, the booths and such there are often advertisements for support. Our parades have gotten drab, mostly bars and local businesses for floats, a couple were actually cool but most just rolling advertisements for businesses. I miss the pageantry that we use to have.

Anyhow, the organizations are the ones actually doing the work for their rights, the parade is really a celebration of what was accomplished with Stone Wall, thus the large amount of costuming involved.

Well said!

What a lot of gay pride parade supporters seem to willfully miss is that the "gay community" doesn't do itself any favors when they put on wanton public displays of behavior and dress that many in mainstream America find distasteful.

I don't know of anyone personally that cares what gay people do in private. I'm sure there are some, but for the most part no 1 really cares. The problem is when it's in public. If you're anywhere near the parade route you're going to be exposed. It always makes the news and you know they show the "worst" they can find. The Mardi Gras argument fails because it's pretty easy to avoid New Orleans if you don't like Mardi Gras and I've never seen them show any Mardi Gras depravity on the news. People get upset because children are exposed to this stuff. Parents would like to have some say in how/when their children are exposed. Pride parades are, IMO, an attempt by the gay community to force others to acknowledge and accept homosexuality AS IT'S PRESENTED IN THE PARADE and that is where I think they are hurting themselves.

Homosexuality isn't, in my experience, anything like what you see in the parades. It's mostly decent people that just do things differently in bed. BFD. If that were the tact taken, if pride parades were normal looking/acting people, then I would understand what they are trying to do. Then the message would be: Look, we're just like you, there's nothing to fear about us. Instead the message is more like: DEAL WITH IT HONEY!!!!

1 approach will get you acceptance over time, the other alienates people that are potential allies.

And, tho I've said it before, before you consider responding with how homophobic I am, keep in mind I'm bi, so that dog just won't hunt.

You can be bi and still have internalized oppression (and homophobia) about your fluctuating interest in women.

Not sayin' you do. Just sayin'..........

Would you put on a 'gay friendly' button for one day and wear it all day? That was requested back in the seventies of NOW members and it is an illuminating experiment.

Last edited:
As someone who has participated in a gay pride parade I can tell you first hand that I dont understand the graphic sexual undertones to it. Since when does walking around half naked, displaying how worthy you are to f*** make you proud?

Its actually quite appalling, and I think the gay community better lose that aspect of itself, if it wants to be considered mainstream and not a bunch of sex crazed fruits.

That is my commentary on the pride parade.

Overall Its more about displaying your sexual prowess then stating your pride, and lets not forget capitalism. Since they allow a lot of vendors to sell food, merchandise and other items.

Im martin Barken and thats my commentary on the gay pride parade

I suspect you may be a LSOS.

I live in Chicago and they have the Gay Parade right up the street and I usually go every year and watch for an hour or two. The thing is huge and lasts for hours. Their may be a couple of floats that has girls or boy dancing in speedos, but no more worse than going to the beach.

Actually, the beach is worse. You have hetero deep tongue fishing right in front of little kids.

Then you go the Mardi Gras and heteros are flashing boobs and performing sex acts right on the street.

Then, there are the "swingers" conventions all across the US with couples from every state and foreign countries taking over huge hotels and having orgies and "theme" balls.

Not to mention swingers clubs that are advertised all over the Internet. Clubs in nearly every state with members from at least 35 other countries.

Now am I complaining? Hardly. If adults want to "play safe", it's up to them. But the fake outrage when heteros are out there "bobbing for apples" and playing "poker" is just over the top.

If you want to complain, find the swingers club nearest you and protest them. There are probably way more swingers than gays.

swingers.jpg

swingers_54394d.jpg

swingers.jpg

2006-07-22t182507z_01_nootr_rtridsp_2_oukoe-uk-life-swingers.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone who has participated in a gay pride parade I can tell you first hand that I dont understand the graphic sexual undertones to it. Since when does walking around half naked, displaying how worthy you are to f*** make you proud?

Its actually quite appalling, and I think the gay community better lose that aspect of itself, if it wants to be considered mainstream and not a bunch of sex crazed fruits.

Overall Its more about displaying your sexual prowess then stating your pride, and lets not forget capitalism. Since they allow a lot of vendors to sell food, merchandise and other items.

I live in Chicago and they have the Gay Parade right up the street and I usually go every year and watch for an hour or two. The thing is huge and lasts for hours. Their may be a couple of floats that has girls or boy dancing in speedos, but no more worse than going to the beach.

Actually, the beach is worse. You have hetero deep tongue fishing right in front of little kids.

Then you go the Mardi Gras and heteros are flashing boobs and performing sex acts right on the street.

Then, there are the "swingers" conventions all across the US with couples from every state and foreign countries taking over huge hotels and having orgies and "theme" balls.

Not to mention swingers clubs that are advertised all over the Internet. Clubs in nearly every state with members from at least 35 other countries.

Now am I complaining? Hardly. If adults want to "play safe", it's up to them. But the fake outrage when heteros are out there "bobbing for apples" and playing "poker" is just over the top.

If you want to complain, find the swingers club nearest you and protest them. There are probably way more swingers than gays.
swingers.jpg

swingers_54394d.jpg

swingers.jpg

The swingers don't have parades they have 'parties'.

swingers.jpg

swingers_54394d.jpg

swingers.jpg

The swingers don't have parades they have 'parties'.

They are more in the closet than gays. If you are going to "do it", don't be ashamed of it.

Whenever the right wants to "rant" about those "immoral" gays, just bring up all the right wingers belonging to "swing clubs". They shut up faster than a pole cat slurpin' down heavy cream.

Whenever the right wants to "rant" about those "immoral" gays, just bring up all the right wingers belonging to "swing clubs". They shut up faster than a pole cat slurpin' down heavy cream.

Could you point me to the Swinger Pride Parades?...

I must've Missed them.

The Swingers who are Demanding that there be Fundamental Change in the Laws Regarding Marriage?...

Swinger Teachers Asking their Kindergarten Students to Sign Pledge Cards to Supporting the Rights of Swingers?...

I'll be here.

:)

peace...

Could you point me to the Swinger Pride Parades?...

I must've Missed them.

The Swingers who are Demanding that there be Fundamental Change in the Laws Regarding Marriage?...:cuckoo:

Swinger Teachers Asking their Kindergarten Students to Sign Pledge Cards to Supporting the Rights of Swingers?...

I'll be here.

peace...

Why would swingers want to change the marriage laws? They already benefit.

Swingers parade - it's called the Mardi Gras.

Kindergarten studens sign pledge cards? Link?

Why would swingers want to change the marriage laws? They already benefit.

Please, don't be Willfully Ignorant as an Evasion.

Swingers parade - it's called the Mardi Gras.

Wrong... Mardi Gras is MANY things, and it's not Exclusive.

Kindergarten studens sign pledge cards? Link?

You can't be Serious?...

Google it, I'm not your Personal Assistant.

peace...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back