Gay Pride Parade Commentary

actsnoblemartin

I love Andrea & April
Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, CA
As someone who has participated in a gay pride parade I can tell you first hand that I dont understand the graphic sexual undertones to it. Since when does walking around half naked, displaying how worthy you are to f*** make you proud?

Its actually quite appalling, and I think the gay community better lose that aspect of itself, if it wants to be considered mainstream and not a bunch of sex crazed fruits.

That is my commentary on the pride parade.

Overall Its more about displaying your sexual prowess then stating your pride, and lets not forget capitalism. Since they allow a lot of vendors to sell food, merchandise and other items.

Im martin Barken and thats my commentary on the gay pride parade

As someone who has participated in a gay pride parade I can tell you first hand that I dont understand the graphic sexual undertones to it. Since when does walking around half naked, displaying how worthy you are to f*** make you proud?

Its actually quite appalling, and I think the gay community better lose that aspect of itself, if it wants to be considered mainstream and not a bunch of sex crazed fruits.

Overall Its more about displaying your sexual prowess then stating your pride, and lets not forget capitalism. Since they allow a lot of vendors to sell food, merchandise and other items.

I agree. I 'm for equaal preotection on all fronts, but, they never seem to help their own cause.

why should they care what you think?
and who cares about semi nudity, go to europe it isn't such a big deal and they have less problems with std's and teenage pregnancy.

Every time I have whipped my glorious dick out, I have been proud.

And ready for duty.

gaypri9-3.jpg

:lol:

I've been to many gay pride parades and there are one or two bars who have floats such as you describe. The rest of it is people just like you and me marching in community groups, sports organizations, corporate floats or cars, and even church organizations. My parents, both conservative, got asked to drive the Red Cross vehicle at the Rochester Gay Pride Parade this year. They did and had a wonderful time. Cracks me up every time I think of it. They went to Gay Pride this year and I didn't.

What's the point in being proud of something over which you have no control?

I mean really....I can see being proud of doing an exceptional job at work or building a successful business, but running around parading out in the streets what you do (we hope) in the privacy of your own home is something to be proud of?

And on top of that, I thought a person's sex life is nobody's business but their own....Yet, on this particular occasion, we have people waving their private sex lives around in everyone's faces?

I don't get it....And don't ask me to.
twocents1237073290.gif

I mean really....I can see being proud of doing an exceptional job at work or building a successful business, but running around parading out in the streets what you do (we hope) in the privacy of your own home is something to be proud of?

And on top of that, I thought a person's sex life is nobody's business but their own....Yet, on this particular occasion, we have people waving their private sex lives around in everyone's faces?

twocents1237073290.gif

See:

-Columbus Day Parade
-St. Patricks Day Parade

twocents1237073290.gif

See:

-Columbus Day Parade
-St. Patricks Day Parade
Both of whom actually -or allegedly, take your pick- DID something of relative historical value.

You seriously don't get that a huge number of gay people are both obsessed by their own identities as sexual outlaws AND drama queens who like to flaunt their sexuality, too?

You must not know many queers, amigo.

twocents1237073290.gif

See:

-Columbus Day Parade
-St. Patricks Day Parade
Both of whom actually -or allegedly, take your pick- DID something of relative historical value.

Are you saying that Gay People haven't done anything of relative historical value?

See:

-Columbus Day Parade
-St. Patricks Day Parade

Are you saying that Gay People haven't done anything of relative historical value?
I'm saying that those fests are about individuals who did something specific, not a general public carrying-on session centered around behavior over which you have no control.

You seriously don't get that a huge number of gay people are both obsessed by their own identities as sexual outlaws AND drama queens who like to flaunt their sexuality, too?

You must not know many queers, amigo.
How can you make an assessment of numbers as "huge," when the ones who lead utterly normal lives, quiet and content in who they are, standard and average in every other regard, are more or less - invisible - if fact, you probably wouldn't even know were gay or lesbian if you weren't well acquainted with them...

How would you know?

How can you regard a demographic as containing a huge number of a particular personality trait, when the number of those who are not obsessed and/or drama queens is not known?

A little observation from those parades I go to, most of the people in "costume" are straight people, the parade here has gotten so boring with nothing but groups and businesses advertising products and services now, usually not in costume except the bars and clubs.

I'm saying that those fests are about individuals who did something specific, not a general public carrying-on session centered around behavior over which you have no control.

C'mon, Dude! Have you ever been to a St. Patricks Day Parade? :lol:

A little observation from those parades I go to, most of the people in "costume" are straight people, the parade here has gotten so boring with nothing but groups and businesses advertising products and services now, usually not in costume except the bars and clubs.

Exactly what I have noticed. A few years ago, I went to the Long Beach Pride Parade and festival. There were at least 4 churches in the parade and having booths at the festival...Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, and Episcopalian. They even had a tent for Karaoke Gospel singing and a church service on Sunday.

Don't be fooled by snippet video of the most outrageous few moments and people at a Gay Pride event.

C'mon, Dude! Have you ever been to a St. Patricks Day Parade? :lol:

We have lame Paddies day parades, but our biggest attraction is the Naked Bike Riders, some charity event (I always forget which one) in which a bunch of straight people get naked and paint their bodies all up then ride across town.

Forum List

Back