"Gay Pride Day" = Good... "Heterosexual Pride Day" = Bad...

Its based on the premise that if you are a member of a "disadvantaged class" you obviously need your self esteem lifted, and events that put your uniqueness on display are just the thing to do it. If you are NOT a member of a "disadvantaged class" your self esteem should be just peachy, and therefore have no need of things such as " X day, month or week"

This has been going on for a long time, with alot of groups. The Irish marching in the Saint Patrick's day parade was originally for Irish unity in the face of hostility from "natives."

I for one have no issue with days like this, as long as participation is voluntary. I find it kind of lame though, as I feel your self esteem should come from you, not from taking part of some activity. I do find the reasons for the "counter" days such as your proposed "heterosexual day" not really needed, as well as usually formed just as a method of provocation. I would prefer conservatives back away from celebrations in general that try to classify people. Not ban them, but let them die a slow death from becoming meaningless.

Gays - 3% of the population.

Everyone else? The rest of the population. Turn on the TV. Every program in prime time is nothing but hetro sex. Except if you watch the science or learning channels. Every minute of every day is hetro sex. Leave the gays alone.

Right wingers hate the gays because the gays seems smarter, cleaner, more fun to be around, more creative and generally better people. Seriously, who wants to hang around such negative energy. All that hate. Hate the gays. Hate the Muslims. Hate the Hispanics. Hate education. Hate the president. Nothing but hate.

Everyone else? The rest of the population. Turn on the TV. Every program in prime time is nothing but hetro sex. Except if you watch the science or learning channels. Every minute of every day is hetro sex. Leave the gays alone.

Right wingers hate the gays because the gays seems smarter, cleaner, more fun to be around, more creative and generally better people. Seriously, who wants to hang around such negative energy. All that hate. Hate the gays. Hate the Muslims. Hate the Hispanics. Hate education. Hate the president. Nothing but hate.

You forgot hate the hate haters.

You know, just because homosexuals want everyone to be accepting of their lifestyle does not mean that everyone will be . . . the homosexual community needs to accept that. Live your life, celebrate, have parade (or not) . . . there will always be people who don't approve. C'est la vie.

As to the OP . . . . while this is not in America, what's wrong with having a heterosexual pride day? Equality/fairness for thee but not for me? :eusa_hand: Bullshit.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
You know, just because homosexuals want everyone to be accepting of their lifestyle does not mean that everyone will be . . . the homosexual community needs to accept that. Live your life, celebrate, have parade (or not) . . . there will always be people who don't approve. C'est la vie.

As to the OP . . . . while this is not in America, what's wrong with having a heterosexual pride day? Equality/fairness for thee but not for me? :eusa_hand: Bullshit.

Why Parade around one's Sexuality in the first place?...

:)

peace...

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Its based on the premise that if you are a member of a "disadvantaged class" you obviously need your self esteem lifted, and events that put your uniqueness on display are just the thing to do it. If you are NOT a member of a "disadvantaged class" your self esteem should be just peachy, and therefore have no need of things such as " X day, month or week"

This has been going on for a long time, with alot of groups. The Irish marching in the Saint Patrick's day parade was originally for Irish unity in the face of hostility from "natives."

I for one have no issue with days like this, as long as participation is voluntary. I find it kind of lame though, as I feel your self esteem should come from you, not from taking part of some activity. I do find the reasons for the "counter" days such as your proposed "heterosexual day" not really needed, as well as usually formed just as a method of provocation. I would prefer conservatives back away from celebrations in general that try to classify people. Not ban them, but let them die a slow death from becoming meaningless.

Who are you or anyone else to Declare what Pride Days are or are not Needed?...

peace...

:lol:

Good Lord, rdean... You get more Libtarded by the day. :thup:

peace...

peace...

No argument here . . .but if homosexuals do so then they have no room to complain if heteros do so as well.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: mal

peace...

I can declare whatever I want is "needed or not needed", its called an opinion. Now if I try to MAKE you do or not do something, thats when the problem starts.

I just find the whole pride thing silly, no matter what its about, but that's just me.

peace...

I can declare whatever I want is "needed or not needed", its called an opinion. Now if I try to MAKE you do or not do something, thats when the problem starts.

I just find the whole pride thing silly, no matter what its about, but that's just me.

One is not needed more than the other... Being Selective or Exclusive about who you Feel should or shouldn't have Pride days is what I am calling you on...

peace...

peace...

One is not needed more than the other... Being Selective or Exclusive about who you Feel should or shouldn't have Pride days is what I am calling you on...

peace...

Ah, makes more sense. My concern is that things like "white pride day" and "heterosexual pride day" are not about the "pride" at all, but simply reactions to the other pride events done by the opposite end of the spectrum from your event. Also there is an unfortunate tendency for things like this to be taken over by actual racist or truly biased people.

If you are doing it out of true feelings of pride and need your self esteem boosted, fine. if at it really is is a snarky counterpoint to someone else's pride thing, then I don't see the point.

peace...

Ah, makes more sense. My concern is that things like "white pride day" and "heterosexual pride day" are not about the "pride" at all, but simply reactions to the other pride events done by the opposite end of the spectrum from your event. Also there is an unfortunate tendency for things like this to be taken over by actual racist or truly biased people.

If you are doing it out of true feelings of pride and need your self esteem boosted, fine. if at it really is is a snarky counterpoint to someone else's pride thing, then I don't see the point.

I find your "esteem boosting" argument to be flawed. Why do they need that? If they're happy with the choices they've made, then why do they need their "esteem boosted?" Sounds like a bunch of liberal psychobabble to me.

No, the truth is more like the homos put on their stinking pervert parades so they can GET IT IN YOUR FACE. It's got nothing to do with "esteem." So when heteros want to do it to, the homos aren't as accepting of the gesture since they're fully aware of why they put on their own damn parade. It's the heteros saying BACK IN YOUR FACE HOMOS, and the homos are having a hard time swallowing their own medicine so they WHINE.

Last edited:
He said swallow...

001.jpg

Last edited:

I didn't know you were gay. Thanks for sharing.

peace...

I find your "esteem boosting" argument to be flawed. Why do they need that? If they're happy with the choices they've made, then why do they need their "esteem boosted?" Sounds like a bunch of liberal psychobabble to me.

No, the truth is more like the homos put on their stinking pervert parades so they can GET IT IN YOUR FACE. It's got nothing to do with "esteem." So when heteros want to do it to, the homos aren't as accepting of the gesture since they're fully aware of why they put on their own damn parade. It's the heteros saying BACK IN YOUR FACE HOMOS, and the homos are having a hard time swallowing their own medicine so they WHINE.

it's only an observation on my part, not an agreement with it. Most self esteem crap is indeed progressive pyscho-babble to me, I just don't really care if someone else needs it to get through their day.

peace...

No argument here . . .but if homosexuals do so then they have no room to complain if heteros do so as well.

Yeah they do... Because White Heterosexuals Hate Mexicans... :thup:

Ask rdeeeeeearn...

peace...

As opposed to all the love you spew here. Right. :rolleyes:

I've seen a number of your posts on a number of forums here and rarely if ever do you even attempt a civil discussion. It's all self-righteous, close-minded, mud-slinging and silly stereotypes and similar BS. Welcome to my ignore list.

Totally agree on both counts. It's clearly idiotic. But that's how things are going these days, ie favoring the idiotic and hypocritical, boo-hoo I'm oppressed I'm offended BS. Squeaky wheel gets the grease and Lordy do they ever squeak.

New Topics

Forum List

Back