gay people should abstain from sex – “like all unmarried couples”

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
breda-4-390x285-300x200.png

THE IONA INSTITUTE’S Breda O’Brien says that she was forced into “a closet” over the Pantigate affair.

Speaking to the Sunday Independent’s Niamh Horan, O’Brien said that gay people should abstain from sex “like all unmarried couples”.

In the interview, O’Brien says that gay people should abstain from sex, as should all unmarried couples.

Asked if she believes gay sex is natural, she says that “depends on what you define as natural”.

Despite saying that she doesn’t believe her personal beliefs necessarily align with what she believes the state should legislate for, she says that there are “all types of realities”, comparing the marriage equality campaign with other issues facing the country.

“There is all sorts of horrible realities. People in depression who can’t pay their mortgages, kids self-harming, they are all realities but we don’t say we will legislate for them. We say we will try and help and try and improve. So I think the Government has to be more ambitious than just to legislate for reality.”

The interview has garnered strong reaction on Twitter, with O’Brien now trending in Ireland.

Breda O Brien thinks gay people should abstain from sex like all unmarried couples

breda-4-390x285-300x200.png

THE IONA INSTITUTE’S Breda O’Brien says that she was forced into “a closet” over the Pantigate affair.

Speaking to the Sunday Independent’s Niamh Horan, O’Brien said that gay people should abstain from sex “like all unmarried couples”.

In the interview, O’Brien says that gay people should abstain from sex, as should all unmarried couples.

Asked if she believes gay sex is natural, she says that “depends on what you define as natural”.

Despite saying that she doesn’t believe her personal beliefs necessarily align with what she believes the state should legislate for, she says that there are “all types of realities”, comparing the marriage equality campaign with other issues facing the country.

“There is all sorts of horrible realities. People in depression who can’t pay their mortgages, kids self-harming, they are all realities but we don’t say we will legislate for them. We say we will try and help and try and improve. So I think the Government has to be more ambitious than just to legislate for reality.”

The interview has garnered strong reaction on Twitter, with O’Brien now trending in Ireland.

Breda O Brien thinks gay people should abstain from sex like all unmarried couples

People gay and straight should mind their own business more, and insert themselves into others' less.

The US doesn't have the corner on the meddling, busy-body, fundie nutter market.

Seems to me, a good rogering would do them a world of good.

The sex life of other poeple isn't the business of anyone else. Full stop.

and yet you post thread after thread about the sex lives of others

seems to me the only reason you object to this one is you don't like the message, not because it has to do with the sex lives of othere

What other people do with their sex lives does not concern myself, and the rest need to take that attitude....

The sex life of other poeple isn't the business of anyone else. Full stop.

and yet you post thread after thread about the sex lives of others

seems to me the only reason you object to this one is you don't like the message, not because it has to do with the sex lives of othere

Not telling other people what to do or not do. Just explain that not everyone does the same things. And there's more to the world than what little bubble some may encase themselves in.

I don't think Breda O'Brien is pushing legislation, I think she is stating her beliefs.

In fact, it seems like she is arguing against making her beliefs into legislation.

If gay people would just stop being gay they wouldnt have all these problems

Forum List

Back