Gay Parents Ready Kids for White House Easter Egg Roll

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,191665,00.html

I'm all for homosexuals working for equal rights, but this is bullshit. If they make this about anyhing other than the children, then they should be ashamed of themselves. Teh fact that they are wearing a "unifying symbol" makes this an organized peaceful protest. This means they are using the children as political pawns and that is bullshit.

onthefence said:

I'm all for homosexuals working for equal rights, but this is bullshit. If they make this about anyhing other than the children, then they should be ashamed of themselves. Teh fact that they are wearing a "unifying symbol" makes this an organized peaceful protest. This means they are using the children as political pawns and that is bullshit.

Absolutely!!

Oh Pleaseee. How phony can you be? The guys are treating their kids to an Easter activity and they are trying to communicate that families can consist of healthy gay parents and children. What is your real problem with this? Are the kids going to be traumatized later in life? “What! My dad used me for a political purpose!?! Oh. I shall never recover.” Hardly. It is more likely that the kids will look back and be thankful that their parents thought so much about them to take them to such an activity. Let’s get real. You simply object to gays being presented in a fun and positive activity.

Kids are used left and right for political causes – From the way they are positioned for a candidate’s photo opportunity or televised speech to the way they are dragged on flag-waving marches. This Easter activity is much to do about nothing so get off your outrageous high horse.

mattskramer said:
Oh Pleaseee. How phony can you be? The guys are treating their kids to an Easter activity and they are trying to communicate that families can consist of healthy gay parents and children. What is your real problem with this? Are the kids going to be traumatized later in life? “What! My dad used me for a political purpose!?! Oh. I shall never recover.” Hardly. It is more likely that the kids will look back and be thankful that their parents thought so much about them to take them to such an activity. Let’s get real. You simply object to gays being presented in a fun and positive activity.

Kids are used left and right for political causes – From the way they are positioned for a candidate’s photo opportunity or televised speech to the way they are dragged on flag-waving marches. This Easter activity is much to do about nothing so get off your outrageous high horse.
and positive activity.

Please explain to me how dressing differently than the hetero parents is a
unifying symbol.

mattskramer said:

So, its okay to use children for political gain? "Everybody else does it" isn't a valid response.

onthefence said:
So, its okay to use children for political gain? "Everybody else does it" isn't a valid response.

Yadda yadda yadda. Your double standard reminds me of the “Piss Christ” exhibit and the NEAcontroversy. Where was the uproar when the NEA supported pro-Christian art? Likewise, where was the uproar when kids were used for other political causes that you may support?

Do you remember the video of a kid yawning and stretching behind Bush while Bush was giving some type of political speech? It was a funny scene. That kid exhibited every sign of being bored, and sleepy. Did you cry, “foul” at that video? Did you say that it was not right to subject the child to that? I seriously doubt it.

Again, this particular issue is a big to do about nothing. Kids enjoying an Easter activity with their parents dressed in an unusual fashion. I doubt that those kids were yawning, stretching, and showing disinterest - Big freaking deal.

dilloduck said:
Please explain to me how dressing differently than the hetero parents is a
unifying symbol.

Please explain what you mean by unifying symbol. I never said that it was a unifying symbol. Since you bring it up, I suppose that it is unifying in the sense that the gay parents are presenting a unified message. The gay parents, their different dress distinguishing them from straight parents for the sake of on-lookers, and their kids can engage in fun Easter activity. Straight parents can engage in fun Easter activity too. Yet, if the gay parents did not use unusual dress then it would be more difficult for onlookers to realize that these are gay parents. Therefore, to present the message that gay parents and kids can have Easter fun just as straight parents and kids can, the gay parents needed to find a way to distinguish themselves for the viewing audience. Hence the unusual dress. Again, I say – Big deal.

mattskramer said:
Please explain what you mean by unifying symbol. I never said that it was a unifying symbol. Since you bring it up, I suppose that it is unifying in the sense that the gay parents are presenting a unified message. The gay parents, their different dress distinguishing them from straight parents for the sake of on-lookers, and their kids can engage in fun Easter activity. Straight parents can engage in fun Easter activity too. Yet, if the gay parents did not use unusual dress then it would be more difficult for onlookers to realize that these are gay parents. Therefore, to present the message that gay parents and kids can have Easter fun just as straight parents and kids can, the gay parents needed to find a way to distinguish themselves for the viewing audience. Hence the unusual dress. Again, I say – Big deal.

Big Deal? Why wouldn't 'parent's' want their 'kids' to be just 'kids'? Not, kids of identifiable 'gay' parents? What IS the point, if the point is 'fairness' and 'inclusion'?

I suppose that the simplest way to explain it is as follows: The dress is not so much a unifying symbol and it is used to present, hopefully, a unifying message. That message is that Gay parents and kids can have fun just as straight parents and kids can have fun. Still, some people will simply refuse to accept the message.

mattskramer said:
I suppose that the simplest way to explain it is as follows: The dress is not so much a unifying symbol and it is used to present, hopefully, a unifying message. That message is that Gay parents and kids can have fun just as straight parents and kids can have fun. Still, some people will simply refuse to accept the message.

No, that is NOT the message. The message is, "We are GAY and have kids, try and STOP us now! The Administration supports us, FU!"

How different if they had just come, both 'parents' and let their kids join in...

Kathianne said:
Big Deal? Why wouldn't 'parent's' want their 'kids' to be just 'kids'? Not, kids of identifiable 'gay' parents? What IS the point, if the point is 'fairness' and 'inclusion'?

I remember a friend of mine who had a black father and a white mother. The parents did not flaunt their inter-racial marriage. Yet, their child, my friend, was regularly teased. He was called names such as “half-breed” and zebra. He felt so ashamed and hurt that he avoided public activity. There were others who probably faced the same ridicule. The public that the child associated with simply didn’t get the message that his family was okay.

The “gay Easter activity” is merely a way that gays, by being public about the difference – and by dressing differently to help the public identify them, try to communicate that being different (gay vs. straight) is okay.

By the way - Don’t move this to a tangent about the “nature vs. nurture” controversy. I merely used the Black & White parents as an example to illustrate that by covering up differences keeps people more prejudicial when those people discover the difference. By being public about differences and demonstrating that it is okay to be different, people might be more accepting. Then, in time, there will be no need to communicate, in such ways, that they are different.

Today, “zebras” play with children from mono-racial marriages without the degree of ridicule that they used to face. Perhaps the teasing and ostracism could have been reduced sooner and more quickly had the parents been more up-front about it. Likewise, as gay families become more accepted, the need to communicate, rather blatantly, that it is okay to be gay” will be reduced.

mattskramer said:
I remember a friend of mine who had a black father and a white mother. The parents did not flaunt their inter-racial marriage. Yet, their child, my friend, was regularly teased. He was called names such as “half-breed” and zebra. He felt so ashamed and hurt that he avoided public activity. There were others who probably faced the same ridicule. The public that the child associated with simply didn’t get the message that his family was okay.

The “gay Easter activity” is merely a way that gays, by being public about the difference – and by dressing differently to help the public identify them, try to communicate that being different (gay vs. straight) is okay.

By the way - Don’t move this to a tangent about the “nature vs. nurture” controversy. I merely used the Black & White parents as an example to illustrate that by covering up differences keeps people more prejudicial when those people discover the difference. By being public about differences and demonstrating that it is okay to be different, people might be more accepting. Then, in time, there will be no need to communicate, in such ways, that they are different.

Today, “zebras” play with children from mono-racial marriages without the degree of ridicule that they used to face. Perhaps the teasing and ostracism could have been reduced sooner and more quickly had the parents been more up-front about it. Likewise, as gay families become more accepted, the need to communicate, rather blatantly, that it is okay to be gay” will be reduced.

Matt, hate to break it to ya, but 'tolerance' tends along socioeconomic lines. Having grown up in an upper middle class area, I must tell you that the 'zebras' you are speaking of, hadn't a problem with 'negative reaction' on the contrary, parents and kids bent over backwards to be 'friends' with these 'enlightened' ones. Of course, the 'zebras' too were well above middle class. Whatever.

Same thing being acted out here, but with a difference. Now it's not 'fitting in' but 'in your face.' There will be backlash, even from the 'tolerant.'

onthefence said:

Your all for homosexual lifestyle choice perversionists working for equal rights??????? :wtf:

Please explain which rights that they currently don't possess and that would not entail them breaking current law and bounds of decency to get.

Since it is common knowledge that it takes a male and a female make a parental unit shouldn't the homosexual lifestyle choice perversionists be considered chaperones and if so who's child are they chaperoning?

Simple logic and bilolgy will tell you that two people of the same sex cannot produce an offspring.

Anyway the homosexual lifestyle choice perversionists(forward it will be referred to as HLCP for those of you who are new) who are camping out are all wearing some sort of clothing item with the rainbow crap on it of their illegitimate movement, so the question is: if they so want to just meld in and be a part of normal society why do they always feel the need to standout seperately?

Aha I have the answer.......because all of their just wanting special rights and their showing up at this and at that is nothing more than a ploy, just like the marriage issue all they want is for us to legitimize their perversion of choice.

mattskramer said:
Yadda yadda yadda. Your double standard reminds me of the “Piss Christ” exhibit and the NEAcontroversy. Where was the uproar when the NEA supported pro-Christian art? Likewise, where was the uproar when kids were used for other political causes that you may support?

Do you remember the video of a kid yawning and stretching behind Bush while Bush was giving some type of political speech? It was a funny scene. That kid exhibited every sign of being bored, and sleepy. Did you cry, “foul” at that video? Did you say that it was not right to subject the child to that? I seriously doubt it.

Again, this particular issue is a big to do about nothing. Kids enjoying an Easter activity with their parents dressed in an unusual fashion. I doubt that those kids were yawning, stretching, and showing disinterest - Big freaking deal.

Glad to see the board fencesitter and jellyfish is active again. I thought maybe I went a little overboard in the ass whippings I have laid upon you in the past. You gonna try and equate queer choice with smoking or being lefthanded again? ROTFLMFAO!

Anyway I caught a thread you were involved in not too long ago where you actually condoned child molestation in some instances, what did you say? Due to past trauma or situation the victimizer might have been in or conditioned to that from which he would not know better? Nice try at fencesitting again Matts but to me from here forward i'm gonna consider you an at risk personality for committing pedophilia. I than the lord everyday that we live nowhere near you, in fact I should probably notify your local police to keep an eye on you. Sick, absolutely fucking sick.

have they procreated? I mean maybe I missed something in biology class but aren't both sexes required for procreation? Homosexuals should clear this whole thing up and stop behaving heterosexually. There must be a new slogan for the homosexual community... hmmmm "Stick to your own sex side of the human race and save us from having to deal with your maladjusted offspring". Yep I think that will work just fine. I'm certain it would immediately embraced by the homosexual folks.. And here's a kicker "Stop looking for acceptance and approval from the heterosexual folks because we know your just screwed up."

Rico said:
have they procreated? I mean maybe I missed something in biology class but aren't both sexes required for procreation? Homosexuals should clear this whole thing up and stop behaving heterosexually. There must be a new slogan for the homosexual community... hmmmm "Stick to your own sex side of the human race and save us from having to deal with your thwarted offspring". Yep I think that will work just fine. I'm certain it would immediately embraced by the homosexual folks.. And here's a kicker "Stop looking for acceptance and approval from the heterosexual folks because we know your just screwed up."

Correctamundo! But you forgot, all they want is for us to accept the horrible choices they've made in life and then to make special provisions so they don't have to reap the consequences.

OCA said:
Correctamundo! But you forgot, all they want is for us to accept the horrible choices they've made in life and then to make special provisions so they don't have to reap the consequences.

Bill of Rights.. I can see it now
Amendment 1. Congress shall make no law abridging the rights of homosexuals to do whatever they wish, no matter how unnatural, and the people shall not judge them accordingly.

That ought to do it.. The little darlings will be free to scamper to and fro and do as they please without judgement from the evil narrow minded heterosexuals.

Forum List

Back