Gay Mitt Romney Spokesman, Resigns

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Richard Grenell, Controversial Mitt Romney Spokesman, Resigns :badgrin:

Richard Grenell, presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney's controversial choice for national security spokesman, is leaving the campaign less than two weeks after his appointment.

The Washington Post's Jennifer Rubin, who broke the news Tuesday, suggested that the openly gay Grenell, a former George W. Bush administration official, likely resigned because of a "full-court press by anti-gay conservatives." Grenell confirmed his resignation in a statement to Rubin:

I have decided to resign from the Romney campaign as the Foreign Policy and National Security Spokesman. While I welcomed the challenge to confront President Obama’s foreign policy failures and weak leadership on the world stage, my ability to speak clearly and forcefully on the issues has been greatly diminished by the hyper-partisan discussion of personal issues that sometimes comes from a presidential campaign. I want to thank Governor Romney for his belief in me and my abilities and his clear message to me that being openly gay was a non-issue for him and his team.
<more>

He probably got tired of being used by people..

Just like on this board, what is this now, the 5th thread on him and his being GAY

It's religions that bash gays not republicans. Not all republicans are religious.

I wouldn't be surprised if gays were the ones that hassled him for being republican.

"Goddamn it, John ... the Republicans are selling their soul to win elections ... Mark my word ... if and when these preachers get control of the party, and they&#8217;re sure trying to do so, it&#8217;s going to be a terrible damn problem." -- Barry Goldwater as told to John Dean

How would you like your claim to fame is being, openly gay?

The Washington Post's Jennifer Rubin, who broke the news Tuesday, suggested that the openly gay Grenell

Like that has anything to do with his qualifications for the job..

If I was this guy I'd bitch slap the WashingtonCompost and the writer of that article and all the people on this board who is using him for their own AGENDA..

Richard Grenell, Controversial Mitt Romney Spokesman, Resigns :badgrin:

Richard Grenell, presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney's controversial choice for national security spokesman, is leaving the campaign less than two weeks after his appointment.

The Washington Post's Jennifer Rubin, who broke the news Tuesday, suggested that the openly gay Grenell, a former George W. Bush administration official, likely resigned because of a "full-court press by anti-gay conservatives." Grenell confirmed his resignation in a statement to Rubin:

I have decided to resign from the Romney campaign as the Foreign Policy and National Security Spokesman. While I welcomed the challenge to confront President Obama’s foreign policy failures and weak leadership on the world stage, my ability to speak clearly and forcefully on the issues has been greatly diminished by the hyper-partisan discussion of personal issues that sometimes comes from a presidential campaign. I want to thank Governor Romney for his belief in me and my abilities and his clear message to me that being openly gay was a non-issue for him and his team.
<more>

I feel for the guy. It's ridiculous that just one aspect of who he is should be perceived as the only important thing about him.

He probably got tired of being used by people..

Just like on this board, what is this now, the 5th thread on him and his being GAY

The left loves to bash people about being gay, even when they aren't. that's what makes them pigs.

Forum List

Back