Gay Men Lose Challenge to Adoption Ban

over the years I have had many a friend that were gay, male and female...they acted just as you or I do in public..what they choose to do behind closed doors is not my business nor is it yours...as for your opinions on why folks are different thats up to you but as I have seen when gays come out in the open they are happy and full of life... sorry but I cant call that wrong, if thats what floats their boat.....

:clap: :clap: :clap: Excellent Post Jon - my feelings exactly - I don't understand the lifestyle, but I believe in to each his own, doesn't our good book teach us, "Judge not, lest you be judged"?

You see its the what floats their boat line of thinking that is the exact problem. There is not enough leveling with these people. Look its unarguable to try and say that homosexuality is ok or a viable lifestyle and if they as a whole were just doing their thing behind closed closet doors hehehe then there would be no problem but they aren't. They are using tax dollars to hold their parades and functions, they are using the court system to force their views down society's throat and all in the name of perversion. Its not as if they are the blacks of the 1950's and 60's who had legitimate beefs and who in 1 very important distinction don't get to choose who they are unlike homosexuals. You cannot go to the downtown of just about every major city and not come across a couple of freaks showing their affection out in public.

Originally posted by jon_forward
over the years I have had many a friend that were gay, male and female...they acted just as you or I do in public..what they choose to do behind closed doors is not my business nor is it yours...as for your opinions on why folks are different thats up to you but as I have seen when gays come out in the open they are happy and full of life... sorry but I cant call that wrong, if thats what floats their boat.....

It is my business when you want to take a innocent child a put them behind those "closed doors".

this is a country of freedom....and freedom takes many forms..to live where you want, shop where you want, work where you want and to live life as you see fit. to put it in simple terms if you dont like it look at something else. Dont get me wrong that I support the lifestyle of gay people..only their right to live their life as they see fit. nothing more ..nothing less...

Big D....who said that chidren were allowed behind closed doors??? If I am doing an activity that I dont want my children to see I lock the door. is this a new concept to you....locks on doors??

thanx joan! at one time I, just by being adopted was treated as a second class person. I can only guess that this feeling is what discrimination feels like. It not only made me feel inferior to others but also made me look at things from a different perspective. It took me along time to realize that I did infact have parents that loved me. Two sets...the ones that give us up because they could not care for us and the ones that opened their home and hearts to adopt and raise us.

Originally posted by OCA
This so called genetic link for pre disposed homosexuality will never be found because it doesn't exist which leads logically for me to say that its a lifestyle choice, a very dangerous lifestyle choice and one that should not be rewardes just like smoking crack or shooting heroin.
Now for the claims of homophobia that are always put forth when one speaks the truth and to which i'm sure i'll be labeled by some here there's a dirty little secret that the gays will never mention, they know their wrong and its human nature to say any crazy thing to try and defend yourself when you know your wrong, which is why you hear hompophobia, they know that has resonance because nobody wants to be labeled a hater and if they can get it to stick well that is just one more layer of insulation from the truth that they so desperately want to avoid.

In my opinion this is one of the biggest domestic threats facing America today and if this is allowed to become normal I shudder to think what is next.

Sorry, but there is no "genetic" predisposition towards homosexuality. Studies have shown that stresses on the mother upset the hormonal balance of the fetus in utero. These disturbances then affect the structure of the brain. These changes in the neural structure later on affect gender preference. It's not genetic, but rather biochemical predisposition.

And the biggest domestic threat facing America is ignorance, which you so abundantly display.

Originally posted by Big D
Amen,
Like the good book says,
in the end, what is right will be wrong and what is wrong will be right.

It is interesting how some people on here want to prove THEIR "tolorance" by making a harmful situation for a child.

Which "good book"? The last good book I read was, <i><b>"The Best Democracy Money Can Buy"</b></i> by Greg Pallast.

And, what's harmful about gay parents?

And...Learn to spell.

Originally posted by Big D
It is my business when you want to take a innocent child a put them behind those "closed doors".

Because you automatically assume that homosexuals are pedophiles. Your logic is flawed. You are a sad little man.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Sorry, but there is no "genetic" predisposition towards homosexuality. Studies have shown that stresses on the mother upset the hormonal balance of the fetus in utero. These disturbances then affect the structure of the brain. These changes in the neural structure later on affect gender preference. It's not genetic, but rather biochemical predisposition.

And the biggest domestic threat facing America is ignorance, which you so abundantly display.

Wrong....wrong......wrong. Prove these studies of yours because you are the only one who knows about them.

As I was saying people if you don't agree with them you are a homophobe and now ignorant. Keep arguing your unarguable position you just make yourself seem that more foolish.

Originally posted by OCA
Wrong....wrong......wrong. Prove these studies of yours because you are the only one who knows about them.

As I was saying people if you don't agree with them you are a homophobe and now ignorant. Keep arguing your unarguable position you just make yourself seem that more foolish.

Do your own grunt work, though I know you won't . Do a keyword search on "determinants of sexual orientation" on your favorite search engine. You'll find many studies and acedemic articles. Be careful though, the words may be too big for you.

LMAO I did your little search for you and uh lets see, the only study that even remotely supports your position was done by PFLAG(Parents And Friends Of Gays And Lesbians) and I hardly call them a non partisan group on this issue, other than them nobody claimed that there has been found a definitive genetic or CHEMICAL pre disposition towards homosexuality. Now I know this is hard to do for your ilk but think common sensically and you will see that their will never be one found. We are ALL born with natural attraction to opposite sex and therefore homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, end of story.

not so fast...prove there isnt a genetic reason for being gay...not all people are born as you say... I recall a recent study done ..I will have to try and find...what makes you the definative expert on gays??? all you have stated to date is opinion...

Do you understand basic high school biology? Am I the only one in this conversation with any logical thinking skills? No study needs to be done to find that we are pre-disposed to be heterosexual, its like trying to find out if we're supposed to have two hand and two feet. They can do study after study to try and find a link to homosexuality and they can say this and they can say that might be the link but they will never say definitively because its not there.
And i'm not an expert although one need not be an expert on this issue, they just need to use common sense and logic.

by predesposed I assume you mean insert part a into slot b....no study needs to be done because you also assume that your way or thoughts are right and that everyone elses thoughts feeling or actions are wrong.... sorry it dont work like that.....what if I want to insert part a into who cares....I surely am not going to loss any sleep over it but if you are not the expert on this please dont act like you do.. all you have is your opinion....

There is no argument here, they are wrong, nature says so. I hate to be so blunt but I mean the other sides argument is silly, sort of like looking for health benefits in crack usage.

Originally posted by OCA
Do you understand basic high school biology? Am I the only one in this conversation with any logical thinking skills? No study needs to be done to find that we are pre-disposed to be heterosexual, its like trying to find out if we're supposed to have two hand and two feet. They can do study after study to try and find a link to homosexuality and they can say this and they can say that might be the link but they will never say definitively because its not there.
And i'm not an expert although one need not be an expert on this issue, they just need to use common sense and logic.

Obviously you have absolutely no concept of genetics. Homosexuality is a genetic flaw. But even flaws are natural. It is not hereditary and from all studies shown, completely random. There are many studies that show that homosexuality is a result of a certain defective gene, yet there also many that say that it isn't. Is it enough to support a conclusion? Nope, but it's not enough to discount it either.

However, what is clear homosexuality does exist in nature. So it's "natural" in the sense in that it occurs beyond our own species.

Radio Netherlands: http://www.rnw.nl/lifestyle/html/gayanimals000808.html

Biological Exhuberance: Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity, by Bruce Bagemihl, Ph.D
St. Martin's Press, ISBN 031225377X

Forum List

Back