Gay Men Lose Challenge to Adoption Ban

5stringJeff

Sep 15, 2003
Puyallup, WA
MIAMI - Four gay men lost a federal challenge Wednesday to the only blanket state law banning homosexuals from adopting children.

The 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals (news - web sites) ruled against the men, who are foster parents seeking to adopt children in their care despite the 1977 law passed in the heyday of Anita Bryant's anti-homosexual campaign.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=533&e=7&u=/ap/20040128/ap_on_re_us/gay_adoption

Great ruling. No unmarried couple should be allowed to adopt children.

Originally posted by Big D
Homosexuals molest children at a much higher rate then any other group:

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=27431

Just another pathetic attempt to justify your homophobia.

<i> Personality studies

Researchers who have conducted careful studies of pedophiles outside the clinical or criminological settings have found little evidence to support the belief that attraction to underage boys is related to any particular personality profile or disorder.13

For example, two British psychologists studied a sample of 77 men most of whom were attracted to 12 to 14 year old boys. A high percentage were professionals. The administered the Eysenck Personality Questionnaire to assess personality characteristics.

* The men showed no signs of clinically significant psychopathy or thought disorder.
* However, they were on average more introverted, shy, and sensitive than the general population.
* They were more likely to have feelings of loneliness and depression.

The researchers wrote that other investigators had obtained similar results, but emphasized that it could not be concluded whether these characteristics were related to pedophilia or to society's attitudes toward them. They wrote that their results were "consistent with previous findings in failing to discover any obvious links between paedophilia and aggressive or psychotic symptoms.14

Similarly, after an extensive review of the literature, two UCLA psychologists concluded:

* Nothing can be deduced about the personality or characteristics of pedophiles.
* Even pedophiles who have been convicted of offenses against children show no consistent diagnosable pathology apart from sexual deviation.
* Little can be concluded about sex offenders against minors: Some tend toward shyness, loneliness, low self-esteem, and isolation, but not in a significant way when compared with other offenders. Furthermore, such feelings may be the result of society’s reaction to them.</i>

For the full text, goto: http://www.mhamic.org/characteristics/characteristics_print.htm

By the way Big D, are you...curious?

Bully,

I bet you think that it is just priests raping children, and not homosexuals.

Homosexuals show there twisted mindset by doing the things that they do to one another.

Thats why the majority of child molesters, serial killers and people with sexual diseases are homosexuals.

Bully,

I bet you think that it is just priests raping children, and not homosexuals.

Homosexuals show there twisted mindset by doing the things that they do to one another.

Thats why the majority of child molesters, serial killers and people with sexual diseases are homosexuals.

No old son, just pedophiles. Research doesn't support your contention. And the only twisted mindset I see here is yours.

By the way, are you...curious?

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
No old son, just pedophiles. Research doesn't support your contention. And the only twisted mindset I see here is yours.

By the way, are you...curious?

Are you saying that a man who only rapes underage males is not a homosexual?

Yea I'm curious, are you a homo?

Are you saying that a man who only rapes underage males is not a homosexual?

Yea I'm curious, are you a homo?

A pedophile...

And, just why are you...curious?

Examine your motives...if you dare. You'll find your deepest fears staring you in the face.

A pedophile...

And, just why are you...curious?

Examine your motives...if you dare. You'll find your deepest fears staring you in the face.

I have noticed that homosexuals relate to issues the way you do,
with much denile.
I would'nt expect to get a straight answer from any guy who makes the choice to allow another guy to try to impregnate his fecal matter.
Maybe this is why homosexuals are the majority of serial killers.

I have noticed that homosexuals relate to issues the way you do,
with much denile.
I would'nt expect to get a straight answer from any guy who makes the choice to allow another guy to try to impregnate his fecal matter.
Maybe this is why homosexuals are the majority of serial killers.

Be nice if you'd learn how to spell.

Think what you like about me, the truth would make no difference to you. But, what about yourself? What is the truth about yourself that you so fear?

Be nice if you'd learn how to spell.

Think what you like about me, the truth would make no difference to you. But, what about yourself? What is the truth about yourself that you so fear?

Who do you think you are? the riddler.

Answer the question.

Look Dr Phil,
I just asked you if you are a homo, and now you off into some kind of fantasyland.

What I fear the most would be losing my wife and children.

Now, are you a homo?

Look Dr Phil,
I just asked you if you are a homo, and now you off into some kind of fantasyland.

What I fear the most would be losing my wife and children.

Now, are you a homo?

Nah, nah, nah...Yer not gettin' off that easily.

the question was, and still is:

<center>What is the truth about yourself that you so fear?</center>

Nah, nah, nah...Yer not gettin' off that easily.

the question was, and still is:

<center>What is the truth about yourself that you so fear?</center>

What do you mean by the truth about myself, Riddler.

There is nothing about myself I fear.

Are you trying to say that because I point out all the things about homo's like they are the majority of child molesters, serial killers, and sexual diseases, that I'm a homo myself?

Thats like saying I wish I was a illegal alian too.

Now, are you a homo?

What do you mean by the truth about myself, Riddler.

There is nothing about myself I fear.

Are you trying to say that because I point out all the things about homo's like they are the majority of child molesters, serial killers, and sexual diseases, that I'm a homo myself?

Thats like saying I wish I was a illegal alian too.

Now, are you a homo?

we are all grown up here[most of us anyway] and we dont need to be save from the world you so dispise and fear...pointing out mumbo-jumbo BS not stop is getting a lil old..always the same thing...

Let me bring this back to the issue at hand....The problem with Florida's system, regardless of whether you think gays and lesbians should be allowed to adopt, is that they are allowed to be foster parents, in fact one of the plaintiffs has been caring for his foster son for 8 years. If he is not fit to be a parent, shouldn't this boy have been taken out of his home years ago? Obviously, the state of Florida isn't concerned with gay couples raising kids, they allow them to be foster parents, they just don't want to allow these children to have a permanent loving home because the parent or parents happen to be gay.

Gays and lesbians should absolutely be allowed to adopt children, especially when they are already being allowed to foster them. It is ludicrous to deny these children permanent adoption in the only long term home they've had because their foster parents are gay.

New Topics

Forum List

Back