Gay marriage

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Can't believe no one posted about the Christian lady who refuses to give marriage licences.

In years to come mark my words Christians will shift to a new position of "who am I to judge", but this woman is staying firm on the same position most of you theists still hold. You believe gay is immoral and a sin. We disagree. So your religion conflicts with the constitution. And guess which one will win?

Can't believe no one posted about the Christian lady who refuses to give marriage licences.

In years to come mark my words Christians will shift to a new position of "who am I to judge", but this woman is staying firm on the same position most of you theists still hold. You believe gay is immoral and a sin. We disagree. So your religion conflicts with the constitution. And guess which one will win?

There are threats already
Twice the courts has laid down the law, against the clerk

She is about to land her ass in jail

It all depends on what the definition of 'may' is...

Alabama judges use segregation-era law to avoid gay marriage
October 6, 2015 | As Alabama's all-white Legislature tried to preserve racial segregation and worried about the possibility of mixed-race marriages in 1961, lawmakers rewrote state law to make it optional for counties to issue marriage licenses.
Now, some judges who oppose same-sex marriage are using the long-forgotten amendment to get out of the marriage business altogether rather than risk issuing even one wedding license to gays or lesbians. In at least nine of Alabama's 67 counties, judges have quit issuing any marriage licenses since the U.S. Supreme Court legalized same-sex unions in June. While the precise reason that lawmakers gave for making the 1961 change has been lost to time, the 54-year-old provision says probate courts "may" issue rather than "shall" issue wedding licenses.

Nick Williams, a Baptist minister who also serves as probate judge in Washington County, is among those who have left the marriage license business. He says issuing a license for a same-sex union would violate his Christian beliefs. "It is a religious freedom issue, but more than that I believe it is a constitutional issue," said Williams, who last month cited the arrest of Kentucky county clerk Kim Davis in asking the Alabama Supreme Court to declare that officials don't have to allow same-sex marriage if doing so violates their religious beliefs. Like Davis, Williams said he would go to jail before he would approve a marriage license for a gay or lesbian.

Judges in three adjoining counties stopped issuing licenses for similar reasons, creating a region in southwestern Alabama where marriage licenses aren't available for 78,000 people. As a result, Bo Keahey and fiance Hannah Detlefsen will have to spend nearly two hours on the road traveling to and from Monroe County before their November wedding because their native Clarke County has quit issuing licenses. "I pay taxes here and it's kind of ridiculous that I can't get a license here," said Keahey, an attorney. Others have encountered similar problems. Daniel Hopkins and Whitley Jones drove 40 miles from their home in Mobile County to buy a marriage license at Williams' office before finding out Washington County no longer issued them. Frustrated after the refusal, the two had to get back in the car for a 62-mile drive to the probate office in Mobile, which is issuing licenses under order of a federal judge. The drive might not be needed without that 1961 law.

It all depends on what the definition of 'may' is...

October 6, 2015 | As Alabama's all-white Legislature tried to preserve racial segregation and worried about the possibility of mixed-race marriages in 1961, lawmakers rewrote state law to make it optional for counties to issue marriage licenses.
Now, some judges who oppose same-sex marriage are using the long-forgotten amendment to get out of the marriage business altogether rather than risk issuing even one wedding license to gays or lesbians. In at least nine of Alabama's 67 counties, judges have quit issuing any marriage licenses since the U.S. Supreme Court legalized same-sex unions in June. While the precise reason that lawmakers gave for making the 1961 change has been lost to time, the 54-year-old provision says probate courts "may" issue rather than "shall" issue wedding licenses.

Nick Williams, a Baptist minister who also serves as probate judge in Washington County, is among those who have left the marriage license business. He says issuing a license for a same-sex union would violate his Christian beliefs. "It is a religious freedom issue, but more than that I believe it is a constitutional issue," said Williams, who last month cited the arrest of Kentucky county clerk Kim Davis in asking the Alabama Supreme Court to declare that officials don't have to allow same-sex marriage if doing so violates their religious beliefs. Like Davis, Williams said he would go to jail before he would approve a marriage license for a gay or lesbian.

Judges in three adjoining counties stopped issuing licenses for similar reasons, creating a region in southwestern Alabama where marriage licenses aren't available for 78,000 people. As a result, Bo Keahey and fiance Hannah Detlefsen will have to spend nearly two hours on the road traveling to and from Monroe County before their November wedding because their native Clarke County has quit issuing licenses. "I pay taxes here and it's kind of ridiculous that I can't get a license here," said Keahey, an attorney. Others have encountered similar problems. Daniel Hopkins and Whitley Jones drove 40 miles from their home in Mobile County to buy a marriage license at Williams' office before finding out Washington County no longer issued them. Frustrated after the refusal, the two had to get back in the car for a 62-mile drive to the probate office in Mobile, which is issuing licenses under order of a federal judge. The drive might not be needed without that 1961 law.

"may"be he should be kicked off the bench if he "may"be won't follow the law

God will win.

Gods will, is a guarantee to win. When Jesus returns every mortal govt on earth will be mislead to stand in opposition to him, as well the armies and supporters--Rev 16, Rev 19:17-19--with this result-Daniel 2:44.

Gods will, is a guarantee to win. When Jesus returns every mortal govt on earth will be mislead to stand in opposition to him, as well the armies and supporters--Rev 16, Rev 19:17-19--with this result-Daniel 2:44.

There were gods and religion long before a monotheistic "god" and life will go on after "god" is forgotten.

There were gods and religion long before a monotheistic "god" and life will go on after "god" is forgotten.
I seriously doubt the God concept will ever disappear but one day we'll look back on Joseph Smith Mohammad Jesus and moses the same way we look at Greek gods.

I hope rational thought eventually overcomes the superstition gene. People will either be spiritual or not but no one will think a virgin birth story is anything other than a allegory.

In years to come mark my words Christians will shift to a new position of "who am I to judge", but this woman is staying firm on the same position most of you theists still hold. You believe gay is immoral and a sin.

"We" believe in most cases something else - what I don't tell you now exactly - but to be homosexual is not a sin.

We disagree.

Who disagrees with what exactly? If someone refuses to do something then this has nothing to do with "to judge others".

So your religion conflicts with the constitution. And guess which one will win?

God will win. It's maybe interesting in this context that "marriage" - the longlive connection between one man and one woman - was not a tradition of political entities in history. This was a religious tradition. Politicians took the right to registrate who is married (children are the soldiers of the future) and this registration is now often called marriage. In my eyes politicians can do with their form of registration of marriages whatever they like to do. The political form of marriage has nothingh to do with the jewish-christian form of marriage any longer. So why should the states know at all if somone is married or not?

Last edited:

God will win.
1y.jpg

One theory about why the Nazis did, what they did, says they tried to undo god. That's why they started to try to erase his people from this planet. So whoever should think such a thoughtless sentence is harmless is totally wrong. More than 50% of all human beings believe in god.

Last edited:

One theory about why the Nazis did, what they did, says they tried to undo god. That's why they started to try to erase his people from this planet. So whoever should think such a thoughtless sentence is harmless is totally wrong. More than 50% of all human beings believe in god.
Another theory about why the Nazis did what they did says they were crazy, right wing nutjobs. Who instead of compromising by just discriminating against minorities they didn't like, they decided to go ahead and try to completely wipe those lousy minorities off the face of the Earth!

Maybe God should have tried to stop them or something...

Another theory about why the Nazis did what they did says they were crazy, right wing nutjobs.

If you should think the Nazis were conservatives then you are completly wrong. The Nazis were a revolution.

Who instead of compromising by just discriminating against minorities they didn't like, they decided to go ahead and try to completely wipe those lousy minorities off the face of the Earth!

0.5% of the german population were Jews, 1:200. This was the only difference between them and other Germans - and how I said a short time ago to someone: except that they were not Aryans - but also all other Germans were not Aryans.

Maybe God should have tried to stop them or something...

A big part of the jewish part of my own german families was murdered from Nazis - and I believe in god. What's wrong with me?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back