Gay Marriage; Right or Wrong

Gay Marriage; Right or Wrong (Please explain your answer)

• It is wrong.

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • It is right.

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters
I am not asking you guys if I should get married I am just wondering if it is right or wrong. A lot of people say gay marriage is wrong, I on the other hand say Gay Marriage is perfectly natural. I do not see what the big deal is either. When I run for congress, one of my campaign promises is I will make gay marriage legal in North Carolina. Currently we have to travel to Virginia to get married because they support gay marriage, North Carolina doesn't.
It is not natural. If it was God would have created Adam and Steve not Adam and Eve.

Marriage is not natural either...it is a human construct that has changed thruout the history of Mankind and even today is not universal everywhere.

I agree.:clap2:

In one way, I was kidding. I appreciate where I think you were going with the question though. We are all God's children. Yes?

I like that view. It's beautiful.

Yes, if you believe that God is the Creator, then he obviously created gay people along with everything else.

Ever wonder why He did that?

Of course I have wondered, I wonder about a lot of things He created. I think it's all about a test of character. The world was never meant to be a perfect place, it's how you cope with those imperfections that indicate character. And one person's 'perfect' world would not equal another's 'perfect' world, so it's an impossibility in any case. It's how you cope with and handle what you see as imperfections in your life, how you let them make you a better or worse person, that makes all the difference.

Yes, if you believe that God is the Creator, then he obviously created gay people along with everything else.

Ever wonder why He did that?

Of course I have wondered, I wonder about a lot of things He created. I think it's all about a test of character. The world was never meant to be a perfect place, it's how you cope with those imperfections that indicate character. And one person's 'perfect' world would not equal another's 'perfect' world, so it's an impossibility in any case. It's how you cope with and handle what you see as imperfections in your life, how you let them make you a better or worse person, that makes all the difference.

I think it's an incredible test of character to be gay while your family, your Church or the world tells you you're wrong for who you love. It's a test of character to be a Christian or a Buddhist in the world and try to uphold those principles. I fail continuously, but I won't give up. Each day some positive actions, speech and thoughts, some negative. I rejoice in the positive and I regret the negative and vow to try harder the next day.

In a perfect world, we would all live peacefully and accept each other. We would look for each other goodness rather than each others flaws.

I've had many 'imperfect' conditions to overcome in my life. I view them all as blessings, even the ones that hurt me deeply.

I really appreciate your thoughts on God. I know you're a sincere Christian and that makes me happy.

Last edited:
I am not asking you guys if I should get married I am just wondering if it is right or wrong. A lot of people say gay marriage is wrong, I on the other hand say Gay Marriage is perfectly natural. I do not see what the big deal is either. When I run for congress, one of my campaign promises is I will make gay marriage legal in North Carolina. Currently we have to travel to Virginia to get married because they support gay marriage, North Carolina doesn't.

I salute you for your open view and your willingness to run for congress. I wish you great success.

Thank you Sky.

First of all, we are talking about civil marriage law. The marriage license itself. The license comes first, and then the ceremony. Changing this law will in no way force churches to marry gay couples.

It will allow gay couples to marry. Period and obtain all the rights and priveleges that come with the license.

This is about the license first, not the ceremony.

Gays and lesbians have already been married in church ceremonies and private gatherings. What they haven't been, is legal.
The entire church arguement is an emotional red herring.

It's really only about semantics. Love and commitment does not equal marriage, but that is what the question and the movement try to push Many gays and non religious also agree that marriage should remain as traditionally defined. Husband and wife, man and woman. That in no way takes away form the relationship of same sex couples. Civil Unions provide the same rights, just not the same name.

The secular case against same sex marriage

so it's the word that needs to be kept *sacred*?

that's stupidity on a scale rarely seen outside of a truthmatters post.

kudos :thup:
Don't pander.

I didn't say that.

The entire church arguement is an emotional red herring.

It's really only about semantics. Love and commitment does not equal marriage, but that is what the question and the movement try to push Many gays and non religious also agree that marriage should remain as traditionally defined. Husband and wife, man and woman. That in no way takes away form the relationship of same sex couples. Civil Unions provide the same rights, just not the same name.

The secular case against same sex marriage

so it's the word that needs to be kept *sacred*?

that's stupidity on a scale rarely seen outside of a truthmatters post.

kudos :thup:
Don't pander.

I didn't say that.

to whom would i be pandering, mr webster?

that's exactly what you said; it may or may not have been what you meant.

Gay marriage should be legal for a variety of reasons. My biggest reason is that they are tax paying citizens, and as a tax payer they should have access to all rights and privilages. If we deny them the right to marry then we should make them partially tax exempt, its only fair.

I wouldn't use the term "right" to describe gay marriage.

But I would use the term "right" over the term "wrong".

I wouldn't use the term "right" to describe gay marriage.

But I would use the term "right" over the term "wrong".

I sort of agree with this statement. I think it's wrong to ban gay marriage, but the act itself doesn't really register an image of right or wrong. It's just there. I also don't find anything unnatural about it because homosexuality has been present since the beginning of mankind, and that it also occurs within other mammals, such as canines, dolphins, etc.

Last edited:
Do you think Gay Marriage is right or wrong?

benefits of gay marriage;

1. marriage license; more money for the government
2. weddings; stimulates the economy; flowers, presents, tux rentals, catering etc

detriments;
?
can't think of any

I chose the it is wrong poll option.

I think it is wrong, at least for me. The difference in me and many others who think the gay lifestyle is wrong is that I don't want to make my opinion the law.

A more accurate representation of my opinion on this matter is "I don't care" which wasn't a poll option. If gay people get married on main street with a huge parade it would not bother me in the least cause it don't effect my life in any shape, form, or fashion.

I view my own 21 year marriage to be defined by God's Word. I know others feel differently and I could never support holding them back or support them not being equal under the law because of my spiritual beliefs.

Forum List

Back