Gay Marriage; Right or Wrong

Gay Marriage; Right or Wrong (Please explain your answer)

• It is wrong.

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • It is right.

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters
LOL this is hardly just about me, have you checked the divorce rates in this country? they are through the roof, so obviously I am not alone in this category.

You should definitely NOT marry. Me, I'm the marrying kind.

LOL why should I definently not marry? because you disagreed with a few of my posts and now I'm this villain?:cool:

I don't see you as a villain at all, (birddog maybe). You're not finished sowing your wild oats. Not the time for you to marry.

Maybe bachelorhood is more your calling.

Last edited:
Nonsense. You apply for the license, you pay the fee, you're married. The ceremony is window dressing.

Not in CT

A marriage license is only good for 65 days. One must have a civil ceremony or a civilly sanctioned ceremony within that time to make the contract legal.

DPH: State Office of Vital Records - Marriage License and Certificate

If you are planning to marry, you and your spouse-to-be must appear in person at a local vital records office to apply for a marriage license. The marriage license is issued to ensure that you and your spouse-to-be are eligible to be married. [You must apply for your marriage license at the vital records office of the town where the marriage is to take place.

You will need to complete the marriage license application, provide identification and make a sworn statement that the information that you provide is true. You no longer need to have a blood test to obtain a marriage license in Connecticut.

Once the marriage ceremony takes place, the marriage officiator will submit the license to the registrar of vital records of the town where the marriage took place. The registrar will then register the license and place it on file for permanent record. Once registered, the marriage license becomes a vital record and is referred to as a marriage certificate.

The marriage license is not recognized as a certificate of marriage (which is the legal document) until after a ceremony.

Are you saying that the state of Connecticut requires a religious ceremony before a marriage is considered legal? Are civil ceremonies performed by a Justice acceptable?

I was married to a man in the state of Oregon. We married at home, with a lay minister, and a witness. The minister and witness signed the license.

A civil or a civilly recognized ceremony must be performed after the marriage license is obtained. My wife and I got married by a JP in our garden.

The marriage license is is only used to ensure that two people are eligible to be married.

You marriage at home was the ceremony that made the marriage contract legal. the marriage license is not a legal marriage certificate.

You should definitely NOT marry. Me, I'm the marrying kind.

LOL why should I definently not marry? because you disagreed with a few of my posts and now I'm this villain?:cool:

I don't see you as a villain at all, (birddog maybe). You're not finished sowing your wild oats. Not the time for you to marry.

Maybe bachelorhood is your calling.

Well I have a girlfriend now but I can agree with what you are saying.

Take your time. I wasn't ready until I was 33.

I am not asking you guys if I should get married I am just wondering if it is right or wrong. A lot of people say gay marriage is wrong, I on the other hand say Gay Marriage is perfectly natural. I do not see what the big deal is either. When I run for congress, one of my campaign promises is I will make gay marriage legal in North Carolina. Currently we have to travel to Virginia to get married because they support gay marriage, North Carolina doesn't.
It is not natural. If it was God would have created Adam and Steve not Adam and Eve.

Are you saying that God didn't create gay people?

PFFT!!

H_G?

You missed it, he's an ol' softy. Last month he was on here begging for a great diner idea and a great way to make it, cuz he wanted to make diner for his girl.

Don't let the horndog routine fool you. He's infected with love, and he's got it bad. :lol:

PFFT!!

H_G?

You missed it, he's an ol' softy. Last month he was on here begging for a great diner idea and a great way to make it, cuz he wanted to make diner for his girl.

Don't let the horndog routine fool you. He's infected with love, and he's got it bad. :lol:

Yo stop blowing up my spot son:eek: I am lazy because I still have not made that spaghetti dinner yet.

I am not asking you guys if I should get married I am just wondering if it is right or wrong. A lot of people say gay marriage is wrong, I on the other hand say Gay Marriage is perfectly natural. I do not see what the big deal is either. When I run for congress, one of my campaign promises is I will make gay marriage legal in North Carolina. Currently we have to travel to Virginia to get married because they support gay marriage, North Carolina doesn't.
It is not natural. If it was God would have created Adam and Steve not Adam and Eve.

Gay people are gods little do-overs that slipped out of his hands and fell into a womans uterous. :lol:

PFFT!!

H_G?

Yo stop blowing up my spot son:eek: I am lazy because I still have not made that spaghetti dinner yet.

Allow me to translate that for the ladies.

I haven't made the diner yet cuz I'm waiting for just the right moment. :eusa_angel:

PFFT!!

H_G?

Allow me to translate that for the ladies.

I haven't made the diner yet cuz I'm waiting for just the right moment. :eusa_angel:

Well I'm planning on barbequing this weekend if the weather is right, its been a while I haven't been to the barbeque pit since the summer.

God didn't create me, my parents did.

Hmmm, apparently you do no research. VA does NOT allow or support gay marriage or even gay civil unions or even gay powers of attorney.

Since you don't believe in God, that's understandable, but I was directing the question at someone who does.

In one way, I was kidding. I appreciate where I think you were going with the question though. We are all God's children. Yes?

I like that view. It's beautiful.

Last edited:

Hmmm, apparently you do no research. VA does NOT allow or support gay marriage or even gay civil unions or even gay powers of attorney.

I kind of figured that, I lived there for 2 years and I never heard of the state allowing gay marriage. Alot of people support it there but it is not allowed.

Since you don't believe in God, that's understandable, but I was directing the question at someone who does.

In one way, I was kidding. I appreciate where I think you were going with the question though. We are all God's children. Yes?

Yes, if you believe that God is the Creator, then he obviously created gay people along with everything else.

Yes, if you believe that God is the Creator, then he obviously created gay people along with everything else.

Ever wonder why He did that?

Marriage is not natural either...it is a human construct that has changed thruout the history of Mankind and even today is not universal everywhere.

It's not for you decide that the 'sanctity' of marriage is dead. It might be for you - and for many others.... but it isn't to many more.

Marriage, to me, is a religious commitment, nothing to do with the state or anyone else. I couldn't give a rats ass if the state wants to license gay to get 'married'.... as long as they don't force Churches to do likewise.

the state should NOT sanction nor recognize church marriages. If one wants a marriage to be legal they should have to have a civil ceremony.

So many people whine about separation of church and state but have no problem with the state vesting power in a priest. It's hypocritical
There is no such thing as separation of church and state in the constitution. Marriage nshould be in a church between a man and woman.

My wife and I married in a church 21 years ago today (note to self: get card and flowers) and ours is a gay marriage. Glad to see that you support gay marriage, AmericanFirst.

Forum List

Back