Gay Marriage - Question.....

God made us to be attracted to the opposite sex.
Sin entering the world set everything off balance and, therefore, people have many sorts of sexual desires.....

God made you to be attracted to the opposite sex. God or nature made me attracted to women.

Why would god make me this way and call it a sin? Oh that's right...because god didn't. The men that wrote the bible did. They didn't like guys screwing each other (but were largely mum on the lesbians...Guess they figured god liked girl on girl too.)

I can only speak truth, I can't reveal it to you. Only God can do that.... in His time.
For the record, I think all people are inherently sinful with wicked hearts, only God's Holy Spirit can change us. Sexual desires aside...

You speak your truth, not mine.

God is not going to make me gay and then call it a sin. It's illogical...of course, putting the sex organs and the waste disposal system in the same area wasn't exactly logical.

Why would God "make" me suicidally depressed if He didn't want me to off myself? I would hope we can all agree that He DOES say that giving into despair is a sin.

People aren't born depressed or suicidal...they ARE born gay.

That is NOT provable/proven

Sin entering the world set everything off balance and, therefore, people have many sorts of sexual desires.....

God made you to be attracted to the opposite sex. God or nature made me attracted to women.

Why would god make me this way and call it a sin? Oh that's right...because god didn't. The men that wrote the bible did. They didn't like guys screwing each other (but were largely mum on the lesbians...Guess they figured god liked girl on girl too.)

I can only speak truth, I can't reveal it to you. Only God can do that.... in His time.
For the record, I think all people are inherently sinful with wicked hearts, only God's Holy Spirit can change us. Sexual desires aside...

God is not going to make me gay and then call it a sin. It's illogical...of course, putting the sex organs and the waste disposal system in the same area wasn't exactly logical.

Why would God "make" me suicidally depressed if He didn't want me to off myself? I would hope we can all agree that He DOES say that giving into despair is a sin.

and even if you WERE born gay, we are all BORN with SIN! We have to make a sacrifice to NOT give into our sinful feelings. How hard is that to understand?

You think just because you are attracted to the same sex you have a right to act on it?

It's proven it is not chosen. Ask any gay person (or scientist for that matter).

It's proven it is not chosen. Ask any gay person (or scientist for that matter).

You can not claim to be a TRUE Christian and be gay that is all I am saying.... or at least try to change.

and even if you WERE born gay, we are all BORN with SIN! We have to make a sacrifice to NOT give into our sinful feelings. How hard is that to understand?

You think just because you are attracted to the same sex you have a right to act on it?

Fuck your bullshit interpretation. God would not choose a consistent portion of the population for "extra" sin.

If there is a god, he or she meant me to be gay...to deny gods wishes for me is the sin.

You can not claim to be a TRUE Christian and be gay that is all I am saying.... or at least try to change.

Never claimed to be a Christian, but you're full of shit. Lots of gays are Christian.

Fuck your bullshit interpretation. God would not choose a consistent portion of the population for "extra" sin.

If there is a god, he or she meant me to be gay...to deny gods wishes for me is the sin.

I'm born with sin. Various kinds. Maybe homosexuality isn't one of them, maybe it is.
But if I wish to be pleasing to God, I will deny my desires.
You can't have it both ways... and you can curse all you want...

Never claimed to be a Christian, but you're full of shit. Lots of gays are Christian.

If a Gay person is a true Christian, they are trying and praying to not act on their sinful feelings...

I'm born with sin. Various kinds. Maybe homosexuality isn't one of them, maybe it is.

Your choice. I was born this way and choose to act on my natural or god given attractions.

God will approve I bet.

Your choice. I was born this way and choose to act on my natural or god given attractions.

God will approve I bet.

we'll find out after this life... I honestly empathize with you.. really I do.
I have so many sinful urges you just don't know ...... so don't think I'm sitting her typing like a "polly purebread"....

God will approve I bet.

I have so many sinful urges you just don't know ...... so don't think I'm sitting her typing like a "polly purebread"....

Save it. The poor and underserved need your empathy, not gays.

God will approve I bet.

Save it. The poor and underserved need your empathy, not gays.

It's not because you need anything. You have a life, free to live as you wish.
I recognize you rights to choose and speak your mind
I appreciate the same in return. Mutual respect. And if you choose not to respect my beliefs, that is OK too.

Excuse me, they most certainly ARE born that way, and I'll thank you to not waste my time with your desperate desire to stake out victimhood as your personal territory and woeful ignorance about the rest of the world because you're so busy gazing at your belly button and feeling sorry for yourself.

Unlike homosexuals, the mentally disabled actually have hard scientific evidence that their problems are at least partially genetic in nature, and they've had it for a long time.

Mental Illness Learn the Definition Tests and Statistics

Genomics Resources Diseases Mental Health Awareness

NIMH Five Major Mental Disorders Share Genetic Roots

Idiot.

Neither is being a sociopath, but you'll notice we have no problem demanding that such people not act on their impulses.

Bottom line: We all have bad, destructive impulses and ideas that are part of our makeup as human beings. Sin is acting on those impulses, which means God certainly does not believe "but I was BORN with it!" is an excuse to believe He therefore thinks it's wonderful and spiffy.

God will approve I bet.

Well, you go on with your bad self, betting that your personal wish fulfillment is going to override what He actually said. People hit on 17 at blackjack, too, but that doesn't make it a good bet.

Neither is being a sociopath, but you'll notice we have no problem demanding that such people not act on their impulses.

Bottom line: We all have bad, destructive impulses and ideas that are part of our makeup as human beings. Sin is acting on those impulses, which means God certainly does not believe "but I was BORN with it!" is an excuse to believe He therefore thinks it's wonderful and spiffy.

There's nothing intrinsically harmful about being gay. Or as living as a gay man or lesbian woman. It falls under the category of morality that is 'wrong because we say it is'. The same category that includes working on Sunday, eating cheeseburgers. Or wearing cotton and leather together.

That's a lovely story...that has nothing to do with gays. See, being gay isn't destructive or bad, it just is. There is no good reason for me not to act upon my natural or god given "impulses".

God will approve I bet.

Well, you go on with your bad self, betting that your personal wish fulfillment is going to override what He actually said. People hit on 17 at blackjack, too, but that doesn't make it a good bet.

What who said? Who is "he"? God? Neither you or I have any idea what god would think. Remember, your bible was written by men 2000 years ago, not god.

Forum List

Back