Gay Marriage May Have Cost Obama Floridah

Neither Dick Cheney nor Laura Bush are running for president. Their opinion on gay marriage is like any other private citizen's opinion on gay marriage. It also doesn't mean because their personal opinion is pro gay marriage they would necessarily impose it on the whole country.

It is going to hurt obama, and it is hurting obama.

I am a registered Independent and one of the things I respected about Obama was that he said that he believed that marriage was between a man and a women. Now I believe that he is nothing more then a political whore.

Neither Dick Cheney nor Laura Bush are running for president. Their opinion on gay marriage is like any other private citizen's opinion on gay marriage. It also doesn't mean because their personal opinion is pro gay marriage they would necessarily impose it on the whole country.

It is going to hurt obama, and it is hurting obama.

It is ONLY "hurting" Obama among people who weren't voting for him anyways. Let them rant. Let them rave.

It certainly has hurt obama with his black core constituency.

Will President Obama's support of gay marriage cost him black votes? – Cafferty File - CNN.com Blogs

So what if even some black voters in a state like North Carolina choose to sit this election out due to the president's support of same-sex marriage?

Groups on both sides of the issue like to compare gay marriage rights to the struggle for civil rights; but many blacks don't like that comparison. And black churches tend to see the issue in religious terms, with ministers playing a big role in the opposition to gay marriage.

While it's unlikely blacks will suddenly decide to vote for Mitt Romney over this, if some of them decide to stay home, it could make a difference in the outcome of the election.

Compounding obama's woes with black people is that they feel used, he threw them over in exchange for money from gay bundlers.

Obama's gay-marriage declaration all about money : Welcome to StarNet - Tucson, Arizona

Obama had to admit he was in favor of gay marriage because he was, in effect, forced to by an unexpected money-primary opponent: Joe Biden. Biden's off-message support for gay marriage on "Meet the Press" put Biden on Obama's left, and it was killing the president with the segment of his base that matters most to him right now: super-rich liberal donors.

These donors care about gay marriage a lot, and not just because roughly one out of six of Obama's biggest bundlers are openly gay, according to the Washington Post.

Obama's fundraiser at George Clooney's house promised to be a tense and less-than-lucrative affair if he continued to let his vice president make him look like a politically vacillating wimp and/or a bigot in the eyes of his supporters. And so he 'fessed up to supporting gay marriage

Black voters know when they are being made fools of.

About that Marxist poll
I can't see Pennsylvania with obama's anti conventional energy polices being strong obama
Libertarian New Hampshire being a pro big government strong leaning obama.
New Mexico with obama's open door immigration polices being a strong leaning obama state.
Michigan with high unemployment lost the extension for long term unemployed I doubt will be strong obama.
So their you have it jake with your Marxist poll.

About that Marxist poll
I can't see Pennsylvania with obama's anti conventional energy polices being strong obama
New Mexico with obama's open door immigration polices being a strong leaning obama state.
Michigan with high unemployment lost the extension for long term unemployed I doubt will be strong obama.

Now that bigrenbc is posting marxist poll numbers, which is beyond me, but he is a mess:

PA will go Obama, I believe.

New Mexico will go Obama, I believe.

Michigan is clearly blue.

Florida, NC, and VA will go Romney, I believe.

The issue will be Ohio.

Why are you posting Marxist poll numbers, bigrebnc?

If you check that FL poll, you will find that they polled 43% Dems to 35% Pubs.

The OH poll shows 37% Dems to 28% Pubs.

These were also RV polls which also tends to somewhat distort the results.

That kind of unbalanced polling tends to give you unbalanced results.............

About that Marxist poll

Now that bigrenbc is posting marxist poll numbers, which is beyond me, but he is a mess:

The issue will be Ohio.

It it comes down to Ohio, then obama's war on coal will certainly have a negative impact as Ohio is a coal producing state. They are not likely to take kindly to having thousands of Ohioans thrown out of work.

About that Marxist poll

The issue will be Ohio.

It it comes down to Ohio, then obama's war on coal will certainly have a negative impact as Ohio is a coal producing state. They are not likely to take kindly to having thousands of Ohioans thrown out of work.

There was a good piece in the WSJ a few weeks back about how POed the coalminers union is at Obama after supporting him in 08.

Last edited:
About that Marxist poll

The issue will be Ohio.

It's your poll that YOU mentioned.
obama is anti conventional energy Pennsylvania produces coal The coal miners union is not obama friendly anymore.

Have you seen Michigan economical stats lately?
And New Mexico remains to be seen.

About that Marxist poll

The issue will be Ohio.

If Romney's folks will out work the UMW in Ohio, then there is a decent chance for victory.

LOL Joe, you have already shown me that you do not have much of a clue. So please stop trying to tell people you don't even know what and who they are. I'm a voter Joe and I vote for who I think will do the better job. As of now the democrats tax and spend government scares me very much. Obama is spending us into a crevasse that will be amazingly difficult to recover from. His divisive policies in my opinion have been and continue to be a disaster and he is hurting our country so badly that it isn't funny. The man disgusts me and I want him out of office as soon as possible. Mitt Romney is the best hope for that.

As far as Obama being a Lawyer that's pretty much a joke or he would not have spent several hundred thousands dollars on hiding his transcripts. The man likely does not want anyone to see what his records were for a reason. He is nothing more then the liar he has shown himself to be as president. He has to go before our country heads down the road to where Spain and Greece are heading.

Wow, so essentially, children, this is why you shouldn't spend 3 hours aday listening to Talk Radio.

You say ridiculous shit like the above like it's absolutely true.

Case in point. Where did Obama "raise" taxes? He cut taxes for the working class and even allowed Bush's tax cuts to continue for another two years.

I am a registered Independent and one of the things I respected about Obama was that he said that he believed that marriage was between a man and a women. Now I believe that he is nothing more then a political whore.

so do you feel the same way about Dick Cheney?

Does it really matter? Cheney wasn't running for POTUS. If you are going to use "simple" deflection tactics, at least use them in the same context.

so do you feel the same way about Dick Cheney?

Does it really matter? Cheney wasn't running for POTUS. If you are going to use "simple" deflection tactics, at least use them in the same context.

Um, it isn't about deflection. It's asking a question. If he thinks Obama is a political whore for changing his mind on an issue, does he think Dick Cheney is a political whore, too?

It was a simple enough question, really.

Or maybe after due consideration, they realized that their earlier position was bunk.

Frankly, I haven't seen anyone give me good reason why 1) It would be a bad thing or 2) why as a straight guy, I should care one way or the other.

I mean, I do get a vicarious thrill about how much it annoys the Church going folk when it's legal and God doesn't destroy us like Sodom and Gomorrah...

Forum List

Back