Gay Marriage is NOT "Fundamental to our very Existence and Survival."

How about this Conhog, do you believe Marriage is a contract between two people?

a. An agreement between two or more parties, especially one that is written and enforceable by law. See Synonyms at bargain.
b. The writing or document containing such an agreement.
2. The branch of law dealing with formal agreements between parties.
3. Marriage as a formal agreement; betrothal.
contract - definition of contract by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

As currently stands? No, marriage is NOT a contract between two people. It is a contract between a person, a person, and the state. And that is why the state gets a say in how things are done. IMO the state should be removed from the equation.

And you should learn the difference between a fundamental right, and a constitutional right. Marriage is the former, but not the latter.

Oh, and in case you didn't know, I am for allowing gays to marry.

The Supreme Court believes it is.

Loving v. Virginia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is the whole paragraph, notice how they mention the 14th amendment?

It clearly states that denying someone the right to marriage is depriving them of liberty without due process.

You have no constitutional right to marry, PERIOD. You do however have the right to not be discriminated against if the state chooses to license an activity. I hope you and Ravi are very happy together.
The right to marry has been well established as a fundamental right, which are protected by the constitution. No state can deny you a fundamental right without due process.

Homosexuals aren't Denied Marriage... They are Denied the Ability to Redifine it outside of it's Natural Definition...

They can Marry... The just Choose to Defy their Natural Design and Equipment.

It's not the Burden of the 95% of the Species that doesn't to Validate their Choice by calling that Deviation Equal to something it Factually is NOT.

:)

peace...

How about this Conhog, do you believe Marriage is a contract between two people?

a. An agreement between two or more parties, especially one that is written and enforceable by law. See Synonyms at bargain.
contract - definition of contract by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

As currently stands? No, marriage is NOT a contract between two people. It is a contract between a person, a person, and the state. And that is why the state gets a say in how things are done. IMO the state should be removed from the equation.

And you should learn the difference between a fundamental right, and a constitutional right. Marriage is the former, but not the latter.

Fundamental rights are protected by the consitution. ;)

And not up for Interpetation by 5% of the Population...

peace...

To add on to the fudmental rights argument.

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

The Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals stated as follows in Gibson v. Matthews, 926 F.2d 532, 537 (6th Cir. 1991):

[T]he ninth amendment does not confer substantive rights in addition to those conferred by other portions of our governing law. The ninth amendment was added to the Bill of Rights to ensure that the maxim expressio unius est exclusio alterius would not be used at a later time to deny fundamental rights merely because they were not specifically enumerated in the Constitution.

Ninth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And not up for Interpetation by 5% of the Population...

peace...
:lol: but it is okay for 95% to deny someone a fundamental right?

would you be okay with 95% of the population defining gun laws?

Give it up, Con. A lawyer in a robe told Luissa that it's Constitutional, and it's a waste of time to expect her to read the document herself, let alone have a thought that wasn't gift-wrapped and hand-delivered to her by the left, courtesy of their talking points. Her "brain" - and I use the term loosely - isn't wired for independent cogitation.

Give it up, Con. A lawyer in a robe told Luissa that it's Constitutional, and it's a waste of time to expect her to read the document herself, let alone have a thought that wasn't gift-wrapped and hand-delivered to her by the left, courtesy of their talking points. Her "brain" - and I use the term loosely - isn't wired for independent cogitation.

I've read the Constitution MYSELF...in fact I have a small pocket copy I have around all the time. Luissa is correct.

Sort of...

You are still incorrect here. NO ONE has a constitutionally protected right to marry. Not anymore than you have a constitutionally protected right to hunt. It's just not in there. Now, can the government come and tell you No YOU can't marry? no I don't believe they can, because they can't pick and choose who to allow certain privileges to, except of course in narrow circumstances IE felons and such. But what if a state just said ok we aren't going to recognize ANY marriage. Can they do THAT? I believe they can because nowhere in the COTUS does it say that the government MUST recognize marriage.

I didn't say electrocution, either. Another lie on your part.

You really are mentally deficient, aren't you.

And Homosexuals can't... EVER...

peace...
Sure they can.

Does anyone besides me think that mal would get a lot of pleasure using shock treatment on gay men?

Liar, if not for electrocution , how do you propose that Mal would give them shock treatment? With puppies?

Lying piece of shit.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have a feeling this is what she meant.

Erotic Electro Stimulation Play and Electrodes for Safe Sex Electric Play and TENS Units

The Supreme Court believes it is.

Loving v. Virginia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is the whole paragraph, notice how they mention the 14th amendment?

It clearly states that denying someone the right to marriage is depriving them of liberty without due process.

You have no constitutional right to marry, PERIOD. You do however have the right to not be discriminated against if the state chooses to license an activity. I hope you and Ravi are very happy together.
The right to marry has been well established as a fundamental right, which are protected by the constitution. No state can deny you a fundamental right without due process.

And marriage has been defined by the SCOTUS as a union between one man and one woman.

I didn't say electrocution, either. Another lie on your part.

You really are mentally deficient, aren't you.

Sure they can.

Does anyone besides me think that mal would get a lot of pleasure using shock treatment on gay men?

Liar, if not for electrocution , how do you propose that Mal would give them shock treatment? With puppies?

Lying piece of shit.

Erotic Electro Stimulation Play and Electrodes for Safe Sex Electric Play and TENS Units
:lol: Close...I was unaware of that but it is pretty much what I meant...mal would enjoy administering electroshock treatment to gay men as a way of getting his naughty jollies.

And since he didn't deny it...by cornjob's logic it must mean it's true. :rofl:

Lying piece of shit.

:lol: Close...I was unaware of that but it is pretty much what I meant...mal would enjoy administering electroshock treatment to gay men as a way of getting his naughty jollies.

And since he didn't deny it...by cornjob's logic it must mean it's true. :rofl:

LOL

It's advanced sex ed on the political board today :lol:

And marriage has been defined by the SCOTUS as a union between one man and one woman.

No it hasn't....unless you want to prove your statement with a link.

No impossible would be expecting you to have an actual debate rather than a stream of insults, and condescending crap.

LOVING V. VIRGINIA, 388 U. S. 1 :: Volume 388 :: 1967 :: Full Text :: US Supreme Court Cases from Justia & Oyez

There was Supreme Court Precedent that the San Fran Judge Ignored...

Maybe that's because U.S. District Chief Judge Vaughn R. Walker is a Homosexual, eh?...

Dog in the Fight and all... Fucks with your Objectivity a little?

peace...

MARRIAGE is fundamental to our existence. The question then becomes... when can government discriminate with regard to marriage?

It seems pretty clear that the answer is, marriage is between consenting adults unless there is a really really good reason for government regulation. So, perhaps the government has a good reason for intervening in cases of sanguinity, but beyond that, it does seem it should keep hands off.

Where are all the libertarians and Goldwater republicans on this issue?

on the sidelines, snickering at the alleged *conservatives* who can't seem to stay the fuck out of other peoples' bedrooms and lives.

thanks for asking :)

Last edited:

LOVING V. VIRGINIA, 388 U. S. 1 :: Volume 388 :: 1967 :: Full Text :: US Supreme Court Cases from Justia & Oyez

There was Supreme Court Precedent that the San Fran Judge Ignored...

Maybe that's because U.S. District Chief Judge Vaughn R. Walker is a Homosexual, eh?...

Dog in the Fight and all... Fucks with your Objectivity a little?

peace...

MARRIAGE is fundamental to our existence. The question then becomes... when can government discriminate with regard to marriage?

It seems pretty clear that the answer is, marriage is between consenting adults unless there is a really really good reason for government regulation. So, perhaps the government has a good reason for intervening in cases of sanguinity, but beyond that, it does seem it should keep hands off.

Where are all the libertarians and Goldwater republicans on this issue?

on the sidelines, snickering at the alleged *conservatives* who can't seem to stay the fuck out of other peoples' bedrooms and lives.

thanks for asking :)

When it came out of the bedroom and demanded an equality that doesn't exist it became everyones issue...

peace...

Forum List

Back