Gay Marriage Fails In Maine

By GLENN ADAMS and DAVID CRARY, Associated Press Writers Glenn Adams And David Crary, Associated Press Writers – 19 mins ago

PORTLAND, Maine – Maine voters repealed a state law Tuesday that would have allowed same-sex couples to wed, dealing the gay rights movement a heartbreaking defeat in New England, the corner of the country most supportive of gay marriage.

Gay marriage has now lost in every single state — 31 in all — in which it has been put to a popular vote. Gay-rights activists had hoped to buck that trend in Maine — known for its moderate, independent-minded electorate — and mounted an energetic, well-financed campaign.

Maine voters reject gay-marriage law - Yahoo! News

Link provided to comply with USMB copyright policy. You know better ...

~A15

Sad....for now.

There's always "Hope" that the "Tyranny" of the "Despotic Branch" will come in and Dictate to "the People" what will be in Favor of the Minority that Chooses to Defy their Natural Existence.

You've got that.

I'd Prefer you just have Civil Unions and Shut the Fuck for once.

Seriously.

They Stopped Raiding your Bars, Arresting you for doing what you want in your own Homes, or for Marching with NAMBLA.

HELL!, they don't even Arrest you for Parading around in Explicit Fashion in Sexual Pride Parades in Major Cities from Coast to Coast...

But until Each and Every ONE of US Takes the Same Pledge to your Deviation that the Deviant Kindergarten Teacher Made her Students Take, you won't be Happy, will you?...

Guess what.... You will NEVER be Happy.

But Keep Searching.

:)

peace...

I know that the forces for equal rights in Maine will not give up, and I actually hope that the Maine courts take this issue away from the mob and decide it themselves.

Americans who don't vote the way you want are a mob?

So you don't like democracy and would rather have a judicial dictatorship rule the country??

again.... and again... if left to the voter, we would not have had civil rights for blacks in America. I do not want the rights of the minority trampled by a majority mob.

again.... and again... if left to the voter, we would not have had civil rights for blacks in America. I do not want the rights of the minority trampled by a majority mob.

Race is NOT Analagous.

A Black Man and a White Woman CAN ProCreate.

Denying them Marriage was a Defiance of our Natural Design in Fact.

Homosexuals Choose to, or are Defective in their Defiance of their Natural Design and 95% of Society shouldn't be Required to Humor it any Further than we have by Decriminalizing it.

Save "Civil Unions", which I Support for Making their "Business" and such Less Difficult, Time Consuming and Costly.

^Try NOT to Overlook that Part of my Post, those who will Continue to Call me a Bigot.

Save your "Bigot" Accusations for the Religion of Tolerance, Love and Peace... Islam. They Execute Homosexuals and then the Debate over Marriage or Civil Unions is OVER.

peace...

In retrospect, I am glad that gay marriage was voted down in Maine.

Now kids can be taught that heterosexuals get married, while gays can have unencumbered homosexual sex.

So you are ok with a minority telling a Majority what they can and can not do?

You may want to take some classes on Government. The majority in a Democracy always tells the minority what is right and wrong in that Country.

in Maine, the minority would never try to tell the majority what they can or cannot do. If the majority of Mainers don't want to marry someone of the same gender, no one would ever tell them that they must do so. Similarly, the minority would never tell the majority of Mainers that they could NOT marry someone of the opposite sex.

And yet the Law was defeated. SO in fact the Majority IS telling that tiny minority they can not marry same sex. Ohh and that would be IN MAINE.

You two keep thinking you can be cute by switching around what is said. It is simple. Gay marriage is NOT a right. In order for same sex marriage a law must be passed. And if it is a State that allows Referendums on new Laws that law must be upheld by the MAJORITY of voters.

Maine's Majority spoke, they repelled same sex marriage.

Now if you losers follow California's lead you will attempt to negate a valid legal vote by using the Courts and find some Liberal Judge to make law from the Bench.

LOL, that's exactly what they're going to do. They're already talking about contesting the vote and doing a recount.

that is your opinion. Others do not share it.

It seems to me like it is the opinion of the majority in Maine at least for now.

Immie

and again, Immie... if we had left civil rights to the voters of America, where would we be?

I know that the forces for equal rights in Maine will not give up, and I actually hope that the Maine courts take this issue away from the mob and decide it themselves.

Actually we do leave all those decisions up to the voters. Who puts the assholes that run this country into their offices? The voters... if those assholes don't do what the voters want then we send them home. At least that is how things are supposed to work.

You call this a battle for equal "rights". I'd have to disagree with you, marriage is not a legal right, but that is besides the point. I don't think the government has any business being in the marriage business at all. That is a rite of the church.

I do believe that the government should treat each of us equally whether gay or straight.

in Maine, the minority would never try to tell the majority what they can or cannot do. If the majority of Mainers don't want to marry someone of the same gender, no one would ever tell them that they must do so. Similarly, the minority would never tell the majority of Mainers that they could NOT marry someone of the opposite sex.

Really?

You are trying to imply that the majority should not be dictating to the minority with the fallacious argument that the minority would never attempt to do so if the shoe were on the other foot.

So you have no laws at all in Maine?

Here is a sample: no basic speed laws? Everyone can drive whatever the hell speed they want? The speed laws are the majority of people who believe that driving to fast down the streets of a state is unsafe and immoral; therefore, the majority makes the law that says that a driver can only drive at a safe rate of speed regardless of the posted speed limit. Not everyone agrees with the speed laws, but they are there for a good reason.

The majority wins in this country in these cases. Not everyone agrees with the majority, but our laws are decided by the majority in every case that it is put to a vote.

Someone has to make the decision. One side or the other has to make the laws. Not everyone agrees with any particular law that is passed. Are you proposing that we flip flop and let the minority make the decisions? Are you proposing that we not have any laws at all: anarchy? Are you proposing that we let the Governor make all decisions? Or are you proposing that we simply let Maineman make all decisions?

Immie

now...comparing traffic laws to equal rights is silly, don't you think?

and "rights" ought not be left to the majority... see my last post.

First, I'm not comparing traffic laws to equal rights. The point is, and you knew that, that laws are created by the majority. Speed laws as well as equal rights laws are set up by the majority in this country and that is how things should be at least until you can get everyone to agree on things.

Immie

Now kids can be taught that heterosexuals get married, while gays can have unencumbered homosexual sex.

I would Hope that if there is any Teaching of "Homsexuality" in School to Children, that it would Stop...

Unless the Goal is Targeting Children...

Is it?

peace...

Is regular Marriage a Right?

If it's a priveledge, hey that's cool but let's IN LEGAL TERMS offer everyone that same priveledge. In Religious terms, they can be as exclusive as they want and nobody should have beef with that.

Americans who don't vote the way you want are a mob?

So you don't like democracy and would rather have a judicial dictatorship rule the country??

Then how would you propose that we institute laws in this country? Let everyone do their own thing?

I like that! I would not have to pay anymore in taxes than I want. Works for me!

And technically, the courts will decide these matters, because if a law is passed that is unconstitutional, it will eventually end up in the hands of the courts and they will ultimately make the decision.

Immie

Last edited:

If it's a priveledge, hey that's cool but let's IN LEGAL TERMS offer everyone that same priveledge. In Religious terms, they can be as exclusive as they want and nobody should have beef with that.

I Quoted "Loving" from 67ish in this Thread...

It's NOT only a "Right", it's "Fundemental to our VERY Existence"...

It was the Basis for Reversing the Denial of Interracial Marriage.

Read: ProCreation.

Blacks and Whites CAN.

Men and Men FAIL.

Women and Women FAIL.

peace...

Blacks and Whites CAN.

Men and Men FAIL.

Women and Women FAIL.

peace...

I believe if you consider marriage a "right" then you shouldn't get to say who's granted the right, unless you're doing so from Religious means which isn't really Democracy.

Blacks and Whites CAN.

Men and Men FAIL.

Women and Women FAIL.

peace...

I believe if you consider marriage a "right" then you shouldn't get to say who's granted the right, unless you're doing so from Religious means which isn't really Democracy.

It is a Right, and I have Explained why... People don't get to Redifine our Natural Existence Exclusively for ONE Deviation from what is just because they want to.

Religion is Irrelevant in my Argument, and in the one Made by the Supreme Court in Loving.

peace...

Progress comes slow. Took hundreds of years before society stopped burning witches or freed the slaves. This too shall change one day.

Gay Marriage: The Arguments and the Motives
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0684824043/scottbidstrupshoA/]Amazon.com: CASE FOR SAME SEX MARRIAGE: From Sexual Liberty to Civilized Commitment (9780684824048): William N. Eskridge: Books[/ame]

I would Hope that if there is any Teaching of "Homsexuality" in School to Children, that it would Stop...

Is it?

peace...

The goal was never to teach homosexuality to children...but now that such a big deal has been made of it, then maybe it should be taught.

Granted, gay marriage laws didn't pass...but a state law that prohibits the teaching of a social issue...that takes this decision away from the local school board...that would be even less likely to pass.

unencumbered---hmmmmmmmm--is that new ? :lol:

No. But it can be taught that marriage results in only one sexual partner for 50 years, while homosexuality results in unlimited sexual partners.

Let the kids decide.

(Of course I don't believe any of this...nor do I believe that the issues of gay marriage and education were linked in any way)

Is it?

peace...

The goal was never to teach homosexuality to children...but now that such a big deal has been made of it, then maybe it should be taught.

Granted, gay marriage laws didn't pass...but a state law that prohibits the teaching of a social issue...that takes this decision away from the local school board...that would be even less likely to pass.

Adult Sexual Deviations should not be Exposed to Children.

What Creates them should at an Appropriate Age, and then they can Make Adult Decisions when they are Adults.

Going after Grade School, or even Kindergarten Aged Children, as a Concerning Number of these Activists are, should Stop.

Hell, some of the Pioneers of the Homosexual Movement are now Challenging Society's "Final Frontier" from the Halls of our Higher Education Institutions.

Doesn't Surprise me... Until the Homosexuals were Outed in 1994 for their Alliances with NAMBLA, NAMBLA Regularly Marched and Orgnanized with them... Specifically the ILGA.

The ILGA was so Respected until 1994 that the had a Seat at the World Conference on Disease and Population.

Their Alliance with NAMBLA saw them Removed.

Since, the Homosexual Activist have Tried to Distance themselves.

But it was ONLY because they were Caught.

peace...

Forum List

Back