Gay marriage advocates, on the wrong track?

BOBO

The Magnificent!
Jun 24, 2011
Spokane area
I can't understand all the commotion about gay marriage in the USA today. I know there is some political motives for it but WHY would the gay community want government as a 3rd party in their personal relationship??? I mean at a time when even the vanilla folks are avoiding government sponsored legal marriage...

U.S. marriage rate continues to decline - UPI.com

...this gay marriage issue seems outta place & outta time.
In the D/s-B&D/S&M Leather lifestyle Doms/Dommes collar their subs(submissive's) in a collaring ceremony to let other Doms/Dommes know that their collared subs are spoken for, like ... "hands off'. No bogus government documentation, no license, no blood tests, no attorney/divorce costs etc.
I personally know of one polyamorous bi-Domme that has been in a collared relationship with her 1st sub for 11 years now. Recently(within last 3 years) she collared two more subs. The Domme told me their four combined incomes(they live in one house) totals just over 200,000$. She was laughing when she said... "We hardly pay any taxes because we are not legally married so NO MARRIAGE PENALTY TAX!!!!!!!!!"
My question is WHY would some in the gay community want to be legally married when it will only beat them up financially & leave them open to the ever present family law attorneys lurking in the future???

It's the gay agenda to persuade everyone that gays are just like normal people. That's it. Everything else is bullshit ginned up to make this pass. Gays are denied nothing. They are not discriminated against at all. It is all bullshit.

Actually, I wish the courts would just legalize it so this issue will go away.

First, it's probably inevitable. We all accept that there should be no discrimination against gays for jobs, housing, etc. We aren't taking them out and stoning them like the Bible says. DADT was overturned, and no one cared all that much. So inevitably, there will be gay marriage, and no one will think twice about it in 20 years.

Secondly, we've got much bigger fish to fry. Unemployment being at the top of the list.

BOBO, these people understand that the general public will never accept their lifestyle, so they need the Government to step in and FORCE the public to recognize their immoral and disgusting acts as legitimate forms of activity and not the abhorant act that they truly are. These people are not strong enough in their beliefs to simply say.... "I am who I am, no matter what anyone else thinks." Instead they need the Legal recognition to empower them to continue their deplorable lifestyle.

First, it's probably inevitable. We all accept that there should be no discrimination against gays for jobs, housing, etc. We aren't taking them out and stoning them like the Bible says. DADT was overturned, and no one cared all that much. So inevitably, there will be gay marriage, and no one will think twice about it in 20 years.

Secondly, we've got much bigger fish to fry. Unemployment being at the top of the list.

1. There is NOTHING more important than Morality. Without morality you could have a 100% employed population and this country would still be worthless.

2. NO, many of us will not accept it.

3. This issue is never going away.

I can't understand all the commotion about gay marriage in the USA today. I know there is some political motives for it but WHY would the gay community want government as a 3rd party in their personal relationship??? I mean at a time when even the vanilla folks are avoiding government sponsored legal marriage...

U.S. marriage rate continues to decline - UPI.com

...this gay marriage issue seems outta place & outta time.
[...]
My question is WHY would some in the gay community want to be legally married when it will only beat them up financially & leave them open to the ever present family law attorneys lurking in the future???

For the same exact reasons heterosexuals get legally married.

1. There is NOTHING more important than Morality. Without morality you could have a 100% employed population and this country would still be worthless.

2. NO, many of us will not accept it.

3. This issue is never going away.

MOrality is a relative thing. Things that were considered completely immoral 40 years ago, such as couples living together outside of marriage, are considered completely normal now and no one says boo about them.

Sorry, I don't see this as a moral issue. If gay people are programmed by nature to be attracted to their own gender, you might as well let them do it. It would be a lot worse if you had a society that forced them to play at being straight and make themselves and another person fairly miserable.

Two things I've always noticed about anti-gay posters.

1) They always invoke God when talking about this issue, but ignore all the other things God says are wrong in the Bible.

2) They just can't stop thinking about the mechanics of gay sex, usually describing them in excrutiating detail that would make bad slash fiction in most cases.

Just imagine a vegetarian who can't stop talking about steak, and you know what I'm getting at.

Two things I've always noticed about anti-gay posters.

1) They always invoke God when talking about this issue, but ignore all the other things God says are wrong in the Bible.

2) They just can't stop thinking about the mechanics of gay sex, usually describing them in excrutiating detail that would make bad slash fiction in most cases.

Just imagine a vegetarian who can't stop talking about steak, and you know what I'm getting at.

they are trying to justify their hate by using God and a sex act. Notice how they mention the hereto-missionary position when describing how normi it is before God?
Gays are not equal when it comes to wanting to wed.

I just think equal rights are best.

The best case scenario is getting government out of all religions and letting churches and private companies (insurance, banks etc) determine if they want to recognize one.

The 2nd best is recognizing all marriages between consenting adults.

[and here comes Rabbi with his "gays can marry any straight person they want to" argument, pure entertainment :)]

BOBO, these people understand that the general public will never accept their lifestyle, so they need the Government to step in and FORCE the public to recognize their immoral and disgusting acts as legitimate forms of activity and not the abhorant act that they truly are. These people are not strong enough in their beliefs to simply say.... "I am who I am, no matter what anyone else thinks." Instead they need the Legal recognition to empower them to continue their deplorable lifestyle.

one mans candy is another mans poison

Morality is a relative thing. Things that were considered completely immoral 40 years ago, such as couples living together outside of marriage, are considered completely normal now and no one says boo about them.

Sorry, I don't see this as a moral issue. If gay people are programmed by nature to be attracted to their own gender, you might as well let them do it. It would be a lot worse if you had a society that forced them to play at being straight and make themselves and another person fairly miserable.

No, morality is NOT a relative thing. That's the revisionist logic that people have been using for the last century to promote the acceptance of everything from Women's Sufferage to Gay Marriage. These things are not appropriate; regardless of whether society accepts them or not.

These people are no more programmed by nature to be this way than a pit bull is programmed by nature to bite a child's face off. There may be hints to it in the genetic code, but these people are simply being allowed to act in an inappropriate manner and in fact are being taught that their Wrong way of doing things is acceptable.

Life is not and never has been about pleasure, fun, or happiness. It has been and always will be about living a Good, Decent, Proper, and Moral life. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Morality is a relative thing. Things that were considered completely immoral 40 years ago, such as couples living together outside of marriage, are considered completely normal now and no one says boo about them.

No, morality is NOT a relative thing. That's the revisionist logic that people have been using for the last century to promote the acceptance of everything from Women's Sufferage to Gay Marriage. These things are not appropriate; regardless of whether society accepts them or not.

These people are no more programmed by nature to be this way than a pit bull is programmed by nature to bite a child's face off. There may be hints to it in the genetic code, but these people are simply being allowed to act in an inappropriate manner and in fact are being taught that their Wrong way of doing things is acceptable.

Life is not and never has been about pleasure, fun, or happiness. It has been and always will be about living a Good, Decent, Proper, and Moral life. Nothing more. Nothing less.

B.S. alert from the moralists.

Allowing women to vote is immoral?!? :lol:

Yeah, don't ya'll know you are supposed to be moral and miserable. :eusa_eh:

What a sad life Anachronism leads...(don't worry, he won't read this...I'm one of the multitudes on his "ignore" list) Ya gotta wonder if there is anyone left for him to debate with...

Forum List

Back