Gay law: Equal protection or Special treatment?

What is irrelevant is you thinking you have the right to have people accept your choice.... your rights are based for you as a citizen and a human... not on your preferences or choices.. while you have the right to choose, you do not have the right to force your choice to be accepted by others...

Who says my sexuality has to be accepte by YOU? You don't have to associate with me at all. You see me on the street, you can walk away.

But you don't have the right to have the government treat me in some way less than you either.

You are the one asking for it to be accepted and not a criteria of refusal... much like any other chosen behavior, it may be against what an employer is looking for.. whether that be a history of theft, a ghastly appearance that customers my find offensive and out of the scheme of the business, a continual use of vulgarity, a belief in satanism when the jobs is dealing with a religion diametrically opposed to that, being a person insensitive to feelings when applying for a job in a rape crisis clinic, etc....

For the most part, I do not care if an applicant would be homosexual for the jobs I hire for... but that is not saying that there are indeed such situations where it would not fit in with the culture of the place of employment, the situations in that job, etc... and that is what this comes down to.... and if you take away someone else's right to choose just to have your choices protected is absolute bullshit... and why I do not support any anti-discrimination law based on choice.. whether it be for sexuality or religion or body art or whatever

Diamond Dave, we are willing to give you a pass on this one because you may be young,might have been given bogus information about this or are just misinformed. So we will give you a chance to see the truth in this matter. I believe that if you are shown reason and common sense you wil see that your argument is absurd. 1 pass this time as I believe you will admit that sexual orientation is never a choice.
Diamond Dave, when did you choose to be straight? When you were thinking about that choice, how long did you contemplate choosing males and how long did you contemplate choosing females? Did you also contemplate a combination platter of males and females?
You have claimed repeatedly it works like this in your life of choice:
"Hmmm, now is time to choose my sexual orientation. I have many choices. Let me consider females. Do I like females?, let meponder that. OK, now let me consider males. DoI choose males? What qualities do they have in a sexual relationship. Now let me consider the positive and negative situations in a bi-sexual relationship. After all, I get to choose my sexual orientation".
Sure, right Dave. That may be the way it worked with you bud, but sorry pal, that is not how it worked for me. Not in a million years and you know itso fess up.
Unless you did choose and that is okay so tell us if you did choose.
I never ever chose my sexual orientation. Why? Think long and hard about that one bud.
Are you now willing to admit that there is no way in hell you, or anyone, ever chooses their sexual orientation?

FOXNews.com - Memphis Christians Fear Discrimination if Revision to Anti-Bias Policy Gets OK

A proposed ordinance in Memphis, Tenn., that would ban discrimination against gays is causing outrage among some local critics who say the ordinance itself would be discriminatory -- against people who oppose homosexuality because of their religious beliefs.

"It's going to discriminate against people of faith who are Christians in their worldview, and I believe with all my heart that they have rights too," says Bellevue Baptist Church Pastor Steven Gaines.

The amendment to the city’s existing non-discrimination policy, which was presented to the city council Tuesday, would prohibit the city from discriminating based on sexual orientation, gender identity or expression against employees, as well as anyone who has a contract with the city or who uses city facilities.

Equal protection or special treatment?

Discuss

conservative logic; if I can't discriminate against people based upon my primitive superstitious religious beliefs then I am being discriminated against!

and MY rights supercede the rights of OTHERS!

DD - do you think employers should be able to discriminate against Christians?

(maybe you answered this, didn't read the entire thread)

Forum List

Back