Gay law: Equal protection or Special treatment?

Maybe they should institute a Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy.

(Or Don't Axe, Don't Tell in Detroit)

thats-racist.gif

I should be able to descriminate against women of child bearing age because they might or might not have had an abortion and I might or might not be religious.

Homosexuals wants to validate their abominable lifestyle in any way they can.

Yeah...how dare we law-abiding, tax-paying citizens expect equal treatment under the law. Who do we think we are? Human?

Equal treatment under the law does not mean that someone cannot choose not to hire you because of your chosen lifestyle, or someone does not wish to provide a service for you because they don't wish to be around you because of your choices or actions....

Every citizen deserves equal access to public services etc, the courts, treatment in legal issues... but that does not mean your choices and the results from those choices are protected

FOXNews.com - Memphis Christians Fear Discrimination if Revision to Anti-Bias Policy Gets OK

A proposed ordinance in Memphis, Tenn., that would ban discrimination against gays is causing outrage among some local critics who say the ordinance itself would be discriminatory -- against people who oppose homosexuality because of their religious beliefs.

"It's going to discriminate against people of faith who are Christians in their worldview, and I believe with all my heart that they have rights too," says Bellevue Baptist Church Pastor Steven Gaines.

The amendment to the city’s existing non-discrimination policy, which was presented to the city council Tuesday, would prohibit the city from discriminating based on sexual orientation, gender identity or expression against employees, as well as anyone who has a contract with the city or who uses city facilities.
Equal protection or special treatment?

Discuss
Special treatment for Christians.

My religion states that I should judge not lest I be judged.

Therefore, if I am required to descriminate against gays, then my religious rights are being violated.

I wonder if they have the same sort of law regarding religion? I am sure they do.

And as stated.. I would be against it for the choice of religion too... I am all for anti-discrimination when it comes to natural biological things... male, female, race, height, deformity, etc.... but as stated, trying to govern choice or reaction to someone else's choices is not acceptable... what next, anti-discrimination laws because a boss don't want to hire a receptionist with a BO problem and 12 piercings in their face? Having a person bring up a discrimination lawsuit against a church because they would not hire an open satanist for a position?

This thing were everyone's lifestyle needs 'protected' status is getting absolutely ridiculous

This has nothing to do with the private business owner, it has to do with who the city hires. I personally would not want my city to discriminate when hiring someone.

Homosexuals wants to validate their abominable lifestyle in any way they can.

Yeah...how dare we law-abiding, tax-paying citizens expect equal treatment under the law. Who do we think we are? Human?

Equal treatment under the law does not mean that someone cannot choose not to hire you because of your chosen lifestyle, or someone does not wish to provide a service for you because they don't wish to be around you because of your choices or actions....

Every citizen deserves equal access to public services etc, the courts, treatment in legal issues... but that does not mean your choices and the results from those choices are protected
Salaries for city workers are paid for by tax dollars, so if I am paying their salary I would hope they would not let their personal beliefs affect who they hire.

Salaries for city workers are paid for by tax dollars, so if I am paying their salary I would hope they would not let their personal beliefs affect who they hire.

Wouldn't it be funny if manager refused to hire someone because they are gay, but then the gay guy gets hired to be that manager's boss? :lol:

Last edited:

It is just as discrimatory as any law that keeps the city from discriminating based on gender (some religions want to do that too) or race (some religions want to do that too) or religion (some religions want to do that too).

Except this is not genetic like male or female or race... This is governance protection on a chosen lifestyle, a pattern of behavior... What next? Anti-discrimination law because a potential employer don't like that you have tattooed "asshole" into the middle of your forehead??

You're one of those who think they "chose" to be gay? Please join the 21st century. How is that discriminating against Christians? They have no more right to make life hard on others than anyone else, especially since their private behavior doesn't effect anyone else's life or marriage.

FOXNews.com - Memphis Christians Fear Discrimination if Revision to Anti-Bias Policy Gets OK

A proposed ordinance in Memphis, Tenn., that would ban discrimination against gays is causing outrage among some local critics who say the ordinance itself would be discriminatory -- against people who oppose homosexuality because of their religious beliefs.

"It's going to discriminate against people of faith who are Christians in their worldview, and I believe with all my heart that they have rights too," says Bellevue Baptist Church Pastor Steven Gaines.

The amendment to the city’s existing non-discrimination policy, which was presented to the city council Tuesday, would prohibit the city from discriminating based on sexual orientation, gender identity or expression against employees, as well as anyone who has a contract with the city or who uses city facilities.

Discuss

I'll give you discuss manifold...ready here it comes.

Everyone is to fucking batshit crazy sensitve about everything. Life sucks, get a fucking helmet, and deal with it.

God damn whiney ass people wanting to be treated special
wahhh im a christian i deserve special treatement
wahhh Im gay i deserve special recognition
wahhhh i'm a democrat you should all love obama and agree with him lockstep
wahhh i'm a republican you should all hate obama and fight his every move
wahhhh i'm from the teaparty and everyone should stop lying about us
wahhhhhh i'm a teacher and should make more money cause its about the children wahhhhh i'm a politician and i'm not responsible for government problems.

Wahhhh wahhhh wahhhh wahh whahhh

url

Discuss

I'll give you discuss manifold...ready here it comes.

Everyone is to fucking batshit crazy sensitve about everything. Life sucks, get a fucking helmet, and deal with it.

God damn whiney ass people wanting to be treated special
wahhh im a christian i deserve special treatement
wahhh Im gay i deserve special recognition
wahhhh i'm a democrat you should all love obama and agree with him lockstep
wahhh i'm a republican you should all hate obama and fight his every move
wahhhh i'm from the teaparty and everyone should stop lying about us
wahhhhhh i'm a teacher and should make more money cause its about the children wahhhhh i'm a politician and i'm not responsible for government problems.

Wahhhh wahhhh wahhhh wahh whahhh

url

This is the worst:

Waaaaaaaahhh I'm an infant and I want some milk!

Get your own fucking milk, pipsqueak!!!

I wonder how this will affect the boy scouts. I know there is a federal law that trumps the local one, but I wouldn't be surprised if some asshole calls the ACLU again.

I wonder how this will affect the boy scouts. I know there is a federal law that trumps the local one, but I wouldn't be surprised if some asshole calls the ACLU again.

The Boy Scouts went to a great deal of trouble to get themselves declared a private religious group. Affects them not at all. They can discriminate all they want as long as they don't want to get sweetheart deals or free deals from the government.

The government should not be discriminating against anyone at all. But neither should they be using their political might to force this upon everyone. I personally would not discriminate against anyone and find it offensive when others do, but I don't like the idea of this legislation.

This is just more forced political correctness.

Immie

Why should it matter? Does their sexual orientation affect how they can perform or operate at their job? If not, why should it be used, EVER, as a discriminatory feature? This is essentially the underlying ethical reason why we cannot discriminate against race/sex/religion. As long as someone can perform the job properly, and they pose no risk or threat to the company, then none of their private or unchangeable circumstances should have any weight in the interview process.

Now if someone happened to have a giant ugly tattoo on their face, there is just cause to not hire them for a job that is negatively affected by that feature, such as modeling. Otherwise, why should orientation be a factor in job decisions?

My religion believes green eyed humans are an abomination. Any law that allows equal protection under the law to those people I oppose.
Freedom of religion. I oppose green eyed people getting equal rights because of my religion.

Salaries of grocery store workers are paid by your purchases....

Again... personal choices in behavior, lifestyle, appearance, etc are not the same a their genetic makeup... thinking a gay person or a tattooed person won't be beneficial in a certain position is no different than disqualifying other applicants for BO, vulgarity, improper attitude, etc... and those ARE indeed taken into account depending on the position applied for..

This would indeed be special protection for a behavior... I am all for anti-discrimination stipulations for natural and genetic things... but I am not for this nor quotas nor any of the other bullshit we have seen in recent years/decades

My religion believes green eyed humans are an abomination. Any law that allows equal protection under the law to those people I oppose.
Freedom of religion. I oppose green eyed people getting equal rights because of my religion.

Again.. that is genetic.. your choice of lifestyle is not

So if it were scientifically proven that homosexuality is genetic you'd change your position?

It is just as discrimatory as any law that keeps the city from discriminating based on gender (some religions want to do that too) or race (some religions want to do that too) or religion (some religions want to do that too).

Except this is not genetic like male or female or race... This is governance protection on a chosen lifestyle, a pattern of behavior... What next? Anti-discrimination law because a potential employer don't like that you have tattooed "asshole" into the middle of your forehead??

You're one of those who think they "chose" to be gay? Please join the 21st century. How is that discriminating against Christians? They have no more right to make life hard on others than anyone else, especially since their private behavior doesn't effect anyone else's life or marriage.

Shut up until you show the gay gene

It is either in the genetic makeup, or it is a choice or learned behavior by environmental factors... and as we have shown SO many times, it is not genetic...

Forum List

Back