Gay law: Equal protection or Special treatment?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
FOXNews.com - Memphis Christians Fear Discrimination if Revision to Anti-Bias Policy Gets OK

A proposed ordinance in Memphis, Tenn., that would ban discrimination against gays is causing outrage among some local critics who say the ordinance itself would be discriminatory -- against people who oppose homosexuality because of their religious beliefs.

"It's going to discriminate against people of faith who are Christians in their worldview, and I believe with all my heart that they have rights too," says Bellevue Baptist Church Pastor Steven Gaines.

The amendment to the city’s existing non-discrimination policy, which was presented to the city council Tuesday, would prohibit the city from discriminating based on sexual orientation, gender identity or expression against employees, as well as anyone who has a contract with the city or who uses city facilities.

Equal protection or special treatment?

Discuss

FOXNews.com - Memphis Christians Fear Discrimination if Revision to Anti-Bias Policy Gets OK

A proposed ordinance in Memphis, Tenn., that would ban discrimination against gays is causing outrage among some local critics who say the ordinance itself would be discriminatory -- against people who oppose homosexuality because of their religious beliefs.

"It's going to discriminate against people of faith who are Christians in their worldview, and I believe with all my heart that they have rights too," says Bellevue Baptist Church Pastor Steven Gaines.

The amendment to the city’s existing non-discrimination policy, which was presented to the city council Tuesday, would prohibit the city from discriminating based on sexual orientation, gender identity or expression against employees, as well as anyone who has a contract with the city or who uses city facilities.

Discuss

It is just as discrimatory as any law that keeps the city from discriminating based on gender (some religions want to do that too) or race (some religions want to do that too) or religion (some religions want to do that too).

Discuss

It is just as discrimatory as any law that keeps the city from discriminating based on gender (some religions want to do that too) or race (some religions want to do that too) or religion (some religions want to do that too).

Except this is not genetic like male or female or race... This is governance protection on a chosen lifestyle, a pattern of behavior... What next? Anti-discrimination law because a potential employer don't like that you have tattooed "asshole" into the middle of your forehead??

Except this is not genetic like male or female or race... This is governance protection on a chosen lifestyle, a pattern of behavior... What next? Anti-discrimination law because a potential employer don't like that you have tattooed "asshole" into the middle of your forehead??

Neither is religion...BTW...the government cannot discriminate against you NOW if you are tattoo'd...and this law is about the government not being able to discriminate against you.

Neither is religion...BTW...the government cannot discriminate against you NOW if you are tattoo'd...and this law is about the government not being able to discriminate against you.

And I don't believe in special laws about discrimination based on the choice of religion either...

And like religion, you want to stick your private parts where another man evacuates his waste, be my guest.. some woman wishes to lap lick all the time, so be it.... but choices come with consequences, and one of those consequences is people reacting negatively to the choices, actions, etc that you make

I am tattooed and I fully understand and accept that I can be discriminated against for it... but that is my choice and I fully accept that other people can think and react as they will as a result of my choice... I would not support any tattoo discrimination law

I think we should shoot morons who think religion is a good reason to discriminate.
fundementalist christians should be forced to go to college.

• Banned
What a minute, did I read that right...

DoubleDouche has "Asshole" tatooed across his forehead?

That's awesome! :rofl:

Discuss

Maybe they should institute a Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy.

(Or Don't Axe, Don't Tell in Detroit)

Maybe they should institute a Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy.

(Or Don't Axe, Don't Tell in Detroit)

thats-racist.gif

I wonder if they have the same sort of law regarding religion? I am sure they do.

And as stated.. I would be against it for the choice of religion too... I am all for anti-discrimination when it comes to natural biological things... male, female, race, height, deformity, etc.... but as stated, trying to govern choice or reaction to someone else's choices is not acceptable... what next, anti-discrimination laws because a boss don't want to hire a receptionist with a BO problem and 12 piercings in their face? Having a person bring up a discrimination lawsuit against a church because they would not hire an open satanist for a position?

This thing were everyone's lifestyle needs 'protected' status is getting absolutely ridiculous

Discuss
Special treatment for Christians.

Discuss

Link?

Discuss

That's what they want. But actually, it's special treatment for only SOME Christians because many Christians either don't care or would rather the government not discriminate against people based on what other consenting adult they sleep with.

Last edited:

Discuss

It is both.

Forum List

Back