Gay Judges Are Incapable Of Giving Christians ‘A Fair Shake’ In Court

The stupidity and bigotry is astounding!! You cant make this shit up!! The idea that we should not have gay judges because they would hostile to Christians is absurd on the face of it since many gay people are Christian, and many Christians and Christian denominations embrace gay rights.

But beyond that , where does it end? Should we not have black judges because they won't be fair to whites? Should we not have white judges because they won't be fair to minorities? Should we not have Christian judges because they won't be fair to people of other faiths? I could go on but you get the idea?

Maybe we should develop drone bot judges that have no soul and program them to be completely without bias. Of course they would not have any compassion or empathy either, but we can't have it all, can we?

Mat Staver: Gay Judges Are Incapable Of Giving Christians ‘A Fair Shake’ In Court | Right Wing Watch

Anti-LGBTQ Religious Right activist Mat Staver of Liberty Counsel appeared on VCY America’s “Crosstalk” radio program yesterday, where he asserted that gay people should not be allowed to serve as judges because they are incapable of being objective and fair in cases involving religious liberty for Christians.

A
sked about Andrew McDonald, who was recently nominated to serve as chief justice of the Connecticut Supreme Court and, if confirmed, will be the first openly gay chief justice on any state court in the country, Staver was not shy about voicing his opposition.

“Here’s the problem with it beyond the issue of the morality of this,” Staver said. “Beyond the issue of other consequences is the fact that what we typically see is someone’s identity, their being, completely wrapped up in their sexual practices, meaning that—do you think that if you had an Aaron and Melissa Klein or a Jack Phillips bakery or anything else like that where you have the LGBT clash with religious freedom or freedom of expression come before this judge, do you think this judge is going to be open and fair irrespective of what he does to rule based on the Constitution and the rule of law? I don’t think so

Let me tell you folks something. I am straight and I would have a problem with someone who wields religion as a weapon to justify discrimination as well. Maybe we should not have liberal judges either. Judges should be selected on their ability to follow the law and to put their personal views aside.

Last edited:
The stupidity and bigotry is astounding!! You cant make this shit up!! The idea that we should not have gay judges because they would hostile to Christians is absurd on the face of it since many gay people are Christian, and many Christians and Christian denominations embrace gay rights.

But beyond that , where does it end? Should we not have black judges because they won't be fair to whites? Should we not have white judges because they won't be fair to minorities? Should we not have Christian judges because they won't be fair to people of other faiths? I could go on but you get the idea?

Maybe we should develop drone bot judges that have no soul and program them to be completely without bias. Of course they would not have any compassion or empathy either, but we can't have it all, can we?

Mat Staver: Gay Judges Are Incapable Of Giving Christians ‘A Fair Shake’ In Court | Right Wing Watch

Anti-LGBTQ Religious Right activist Mat Staver of Liberty Counsel appeared on VCY America’s “Crosstalk” radio program yesterday, where he asserted that gay people should not be allowed to serve as judges because they are incapable of being objective and fair in cases involving religious liberty for Christians.

A
sked about Andrew McDonald, who was recently nominated to serve as chief justice of the Connecticut Supreme Court and, if confirmed, will be the first openly gay chief justice on any state court in the country, Staver was not shy about voicing his opposition.

“Here’s the problem with it beyond the issue of the morality of this,” Staver said. “Beyond the issue of other consequences is the fact that what we typically see is someone’s identity, their being, completely wrapped up in their sexual practices, meaning that—do you think that if you had an Aaron and Melissa Klein or a Jack Phillips bakery or anything else like that where you have the LGBT clash with religious freedom or freedom of expression come before this judge, do you think this judge is going to be open and fair irrespective of what he does to rule based on the Constitution and the rule of law? I don’t think so

Let me tell you folks something. I am straight and I would have a problem with someone who wields religion as a weapon to justify discrimination as well. Maybe we not have liberal judges either. Judges should be selected on their ability to follow the law and to put their personal views aside.
If that is true, then we can safely infer that christian judges cannot give anyone not a christian a fair shake in court. What say you, christians? Is that true?

For someone who claims to not be gay, you sure do expend a lot of energy defending and supporting it.
The freedom riders spent a lot of time defending blacks.

You could do a lot to bolster that position by replacing your avatar pic.

I finally figured it out! You are not gay, but your boyfriend is!
Here this loud and clear sailor. I don't give a rats hind parts what you think I am.

More psychotic blather from Mat Staver:

Mat Staver Calls On Christians To Face Potential Gay-Marriage Martyrdom Like Daniel & Esther | Right Wing Watch

In an interview with an Alabama Christian radio station on the day of the arguments in the Supreme Court marriage cases in April, Liberty Counsel’s Mat Staver warned that although “we have faced in Judeo-Christian history more dire times than this,” marriage equality opponents should be prepared to face martyrdom at the hands of an unjust government just like Daniel and Esther were in the Old Testament.

For someone who claims to not be gay, you sure do expend a lot of energy defending and supporting it.

Here this loud and clear sailor. I don't give a rats hind parts what you think I am.

That's fine! I personally think it is typical liberal hypocrisy on your part.

I guess there are a large number of black members of the KKK, Jews as members of Islamic terrorist organizations, and virgins who dance in strip clubs!

If only politics didnt enter into rulings but we know it does by the amount of judge shopping going on.

Last edited:

I guess there are a large number of black members of the KKK, Jews as members of Islamic terrorist organizations, and virgins who dance in strip clubs!
Hypocrisy?? What the fuck are you blathering about no Popeye ?

Still dealing with that reading comprehension problem I see. If you get help, it will likely cure your liberalism!

Still dealing with that reading comprehension problem I see. If you get help, it will likely cure your liberalism!
Eat your spinach!

is that what you say when you're too stupid to understand what someone posts?

Eat your spinach!

Nope. Don't like it!

Why don't you stop worrying about me and get yourself checked out? That reading comprehension problem for someone your age might be indicative of a larger medical issue.

Forum List

Back