Gay Iranians

Alex.

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2014
"Gay Iranians Are Getting Gender Reassignment Surgery To Avoid Death

Iran's harsh stance against gays is pushing some citizens to undergo gender reassignment surgery as a means of protecting themselves.Dr. Ali Hamedani, a reporter for BBC Persian, spoke with HuffPost Live's Marc Lamont Hill about curious reports he received six months ago that revealed Iran had four times more gender reassignment surgeries than the United Kingdom, a country notable for being more accepting of the queer community.

Hamedani dug a little deeper hoping to understand Iran's use of these surgeries. "These numbers are speaking in a country [where] homosexuality is not allowed and it is punishable by death," Hamedani said."

Gay Iranians Are Getting Gender Reassignment Surgery To Avoid Death

It is ok to change your sex but not be gay. There is something very wrong in that country. This is what you get when you mix Sharia with any segment of society. Double standards, oppression, bewilderment how can the Iranian people stand it.

• Banned
Gay people need to flee for their lives from that backwards cesspool. That's the best advice they could ever hear.
There is no hope for anyone who lives there. I do agree with you that is warning enough

Iran's harsh stance against gays is pushing some citizens to undergo gender reassignment surgery as a means of protecting themselves.Dr. Ali Hamedani, a reporter for BBC Persian, spoke with HuffPost Live's Marc Lamont Hill about curious reports he received six months ago that revealed Iran had four times more gender reassignment surgeries than the United Kingdom, a country notable for being more accepting of the queer community.

Hamedani dug a little deeper hoping to understand Iran's use of these surgeries. "These numbers are speaking in a country [where] homosexuality is not allowed and it is punishable by death," Hamedani said."

It is ok to change your sex but not be gay. There is something very wrong in that country. This is what you get when you mix Sharia with any segment of society. Double standards, oppression, bewilderment how can the Iranian people stand it.

If I lived there and was gay, I would just not tell anybody. It must SUCK so bad to live there. Not only for gays, but for women too.

• Banned

If I lived there and was gay, I would just not tell anybody. It must SUCK so bad to live there. Not only for gays, but for women too.
Women have no rights to speak of there . Worse than the 7th century.

They are such ignorant people. How can they live in today's day and age and still remain SO ignorant about most things, I wonder.

• Banned

They are such ignorant people. How can they live in today's day and age and still remain SO ignorant about most things, I wonder.

There are those that try to make changes but the Sharia lunatics have the power.

I think the same thing about most Grubercrats.

There are those that try to make changes but the Sharia lunatics have the power.

I can't imagine having to live in fear of my life because my government might kill me because of whatever stupid reason they can come up with.

I don't know what that is. :D

I can't imagine having to live in fear of my life because my government might kill me because of whatever stupid reason they can come up with.

I cannot imagine getting a sex change because the government might kill me otherwise.

Ex roomie was iranian and spoke farsei. I think that is how it is spelled. He would jabber with his mom on his cell phone while he cooked his partner dinner. He also always made sure the horrible scars all over his back were covered with a tshirt or towel if he had a sleeveless tshirt on.
His parents sent him to NY to save his life. From there, he wound up in Calif, where he met the love of his life. They wanted to save up to get their own place so rented the room from me.
I miss them. A LOT. But they wound up in Los Angeles due to work, so even though I lost touch with them, I hope they both are well. And I am super glad Mom and Dad got him OUT of iran.

Ex roomie was iranian and spoke farsei. I think that is how it is spelled. He would jabber with his mom on his cell phone while he cooked his partner dinner. He also always made sure the horrible scars all over his back were covered with a tshirt or towel if he had a sleeveless tshirt on.
His parents sent him to NY to save his life. From there, he wound up in Calif, where he met the love of his life. They wanted to save up to get their own place so rented the room from me.
I miss them. A LOT. But they wound up in Los Angeles due to work, so even though I lost touch with them, I hope they both are well. And I am super glad Mom and Dad got him OUT of iran.
Terrible beginning, happy ending.

People on the religious right resemble those imposing Sharia law far more than those on the left. But let's just pretend that it's liberals who wish gays didn't exist. :rolleyes-41:

People on the religious right resemble those imposing Sharia law far more than those on the left. But let's just pretend that it's liberals who wish gays didn't exist. :rolleyes-41:

I wasn't aware that we had capital punishment here in the US for being gay!

We don't, we are not Sharia and never will be.

We don't, we are not Sharia and never will be.

The gay people need to realize that just because people don't agree with homosexuality (and for those who might even feel that homosexuality is disgusting) that does not mean that people wish them dead!

My observation is that when it comes to Islamists, there are certainly those on the right who are like them, but there is an equal, if not greater number on the left who defend them.

There is too often a weird disconnect between the ideology people claim and the way they evaluate Islam. Islam is the ultra-conservative political ideology here, yet self-professed liberal after self-professed liberal indulges in knee jerk apologia for it. In reality, they are just mindless useful idiot leftists rather than liberals -- thus occupying a position analogous to the most rigid bible thumpers of the right, but there are many of them and they certainly do make their presence felt on internet discussion groups.

I see it more in terms of both ends against the middle than the exclusive province of liberal or conservative.

Try being straight and not telling anyone. Date in complete secrecy imagining the penalty for anyone finding out you're straight was death.

Forum List

Back