Gay History Teaching Now Required?

Bonnie said:
If we just wait long enough white heterosexual Christians will finally be considered a disenfranchised group entitled to special rights. :)

Will NEVER happen. If there were 30 white heterosexual Christians left and they were homeless and starving, we would STILL be the oppressors. :(

manu1959 said:
so can blacks choose not to be affected by racism? how about christains not to be affected by persecution.....the people on the recieving end do not have a choice

I still disagree. people can choose to overcome those things rather than be victims.

I still disagree. people can choose to overcome those things rather than be victims.

I agree with you. The victims of Katrina, it doesnt appear that they have even attempted to clean up. Even six months later, theres still the mountain bike upside down in the yeard and a log in the street, with some people complaining and playing the race card left and right...

GunnyL said:
tsk tsk ... how politically incorrect. You obviously need some sensitivity training. :laugh:
Yeah he does...I say 8 to 10 weeks of boot camp oughta fix him right up.

Hobbit said:
I can see it now.

Headline: "March Declared 'Gay History Month.'"

Headline: "Blacks Pissed of Because the Queers Keep Stealing All Their Ideas."

Headline: "Irish Riot Over Gay History 'Fagging Up' St. Patrick's Day. There Were No Survivors, and Even Fewer Sober Ones."

And I also agree with the Gunny. What happened to the days when history was divided up by era and region (i.e. ancient history, American history, history of WWII)?

Part of this already has happened in a way....

June is Gay & Lesbian Pride Month

Irish gays were told they were not welcome to be part of the St Pat's parades in New York (or was it Chicago?)... the gays took it to court, the courts told the gays "too bad, so sad.... go start your own parade and quit raining on everyone else's"

A few years ago, some black civil rights leaders took umbrage to gays who tried to draw a parallel between discrimination against blacks with gay rights.

It really isn't about overcoming it, and I think you may have misinterpreted my original point.

The fact is, if you are black, white or whatever, it is an undeniable fact and you have to play with whatever cards are dealt you. My point was to contrast that against what fits perfectly with your argument -- gays CHOOSE to be gay. It isn't something that is an undeniable identifier. There is no undeniable identifier that triggers a preconceived reaction to them UNLESS they choose to advertise their abnormal lifestyle.

As far as overcoming discrimination goes, it's a LOT easier now for blacks than when I started school and went to a separate one than the blacks did. When the laws support discrimination, "overcoming it" is oversimplifying it, IMO.

Whether you support such a subject or not, this topic is just another reason, in a long list of reasons, why we should change the American education system. Let us have a federal voucher system, if nothing more, so that poor families can have more of a choice in where to have their children taught. If you want your children to be taught about “homosexual history”, then take your child to a school that teaches such a subject. If you want your children to not be taught about “homosexual history” then send your children to a school that does not teach such stuff.

What I'd like to know is, when did they have the PTA meeting where this was discussed? Did they survey parents to find out if this is what they want their children taught? Did they put it to a vote?

Probably no to all questions. Liberals push their agenda as they see fit. Asking for permission, or if anyone aproves is below them. We don't know shit.

GunnyL said:
:wtf:

Lesson #672: At least in the Marines and Army we are ALL green and we bleed green. Has nothing to do with salad, LOL.

I shit green whenever I eat salad, or lack iron in my system...

Pale Rider said:
What I'd like to know is, when did they have the PTA meeting where this was discussed? Did they survey parents to find out if this is what they want their children taught? Did they put it to a vote?

Probably no to all questions. Liberals push their agenda as they see fit. Asking for permission, or if anyone aproves is below them. We don't know shit.
that's why they are trying to block the bill here in MN that would put gay marriage to the public vote, rather than the rep's vote. Even though MN is becoming more and more conservative, liberals still dominate the legislature. But they know gay marriage would be shot down 3-1 by public vote, but would likely pass if put through legislative-only vote. It's pathetic.

Forum List

Back