Gay Day at Disney

ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - The first weekend of June marks the annual gathering of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered (LGBT) locals and tourists known as Gay Days. The event, now over two decades old, began as a single day at Walt Disney World Resort's Magic Kingdom theme park but has since grown into a multi-day, multi-attraction affair which brings millions of dollars to local coffers.

You know Greta's show on Fox yesterday had a great tip. She spoke about how lewd one of the Grammy acts was with Biance'. She reminded people that what that act was is free speech. She reminded people that Hollywood runs on money and that if lewd acts on prime time make money, then they can't be expected to self-regulate.

She said that instead of whining about it or protesting, just choose another channel.

And, on that note, in the spirit of Duck Dynasty, instead of the million or so likes within hours of the 'Boycott A&E' Facebook page, maybe there can be a "Boycott Disney" Facebook page. Eh Facebookers? I don't use that media but surely one or two of you who are upset about this could start up a page to boycott Disney.

There's nothing that will shut down a gay pride parade set to lure children inappropriately and lewdly into the concept of deviant sex in a venue where children are absolutely expected to be [like Disneyland], like telling the corporation they're going to lose money if they keep it up.

So, on that note, where's the Facebook page?

Go for it, I doubt Disney gives a fuck as they are doing pretty well these days. A few right wing homophobes protesting them doesn't matter.

ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - The first weekend of June marks the annual gathering of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered (LGBT) locals and tourists known as Gay Days. The event, now over two decades old, began as a single day at Walt Disney World Resort's Magic Kingdom theme park but has since grown into a multi-day, multi-attraction affair which brings millions of dollars to local coffers.

You know Greta's show on Fox yesterday had a great tip. She spoke about how lewd one of the Grammy acts was with Biance'. She reminded people that what that act was is free speech. She reminded people that Hollywood runs on money and that if lewd acts on prime time make money, then they can't be expected to self-regulate.

She said that instead of whining about it or protesting, just choose another channel.

And, on that note, in the spirit of Duck Dynasty, instead of the million or so likes within hours of the 'Boycott A&E' Facebook page, maybe there can be a "Boycott Disney" Facebook page. Eh Facebookers? I don't use that media but surely one or two of you who are upset about this could start up a page to boycott Disney.

There's nothing that will shut down a gay pride parade set to lure children inappropriately and lewdly into the concept of deviant sex in a venue where children are absolutely expected to be [like Disneyland], like telling the corporation they're going to lose money if they keep it up.

1. The American Family Association, Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, and Southern Baptist Convention called for boycotts of Disney from the mid-1990's to the mid-2000's. The call for boycotts was basically ignored and Disney did just fine.

2. Google "Disney Boycott Facebook" and you will find plenty of pages on that theme. They are ignored and Disney is doing just fine.

Keep trying though, that is your right.

>>>>

Well it doesn't get any gayer than gay day at Disney. Only difference between Gay day and a straight day at Disney is all the queens and princesses will be sporting facial hair.

IIRC, this is not an event organized or sponsored by Disney, an oft thought misconception.

This is an external group of individuals/groups that picked a certain day and decided to go to Disney.

>>>>

It is recognized by Disneyland. Disneyland remarks the day by putting up a sign at the ticket kiosk. THe same as they put up a sign welcoming any group.

Putting a sign up does not mean they are sponsoring the event.

>>>>

What do you mean by sponsor?

Disneyland Events in California

It's listed as an event on their website.

Who cares? DOn't want to see it, don't go on those dates. Problem solved.

MY issue is we all know that the gays and their defenders would EXPLODE if Christians descended en masse upon Disney. Nah, don't even bother lying and pretending there wouldn't be people who did exactly that.

It is recognized by Disneyland. Disneyland remarks the day by putting up a sign at the ticket kiosk. THe same as they put up a sign welcoming any group.

>>>>

MY issue is we all know that the gays and their defenders would EXPLODE if Christians descended en masse upon Disney. Nah, don't even bother lying and pretending there wouldn't be people who did exactly that.

From your link the listing is "Unofficial".

Oh the horrors, a major group planning to attend the park is listed as "unofficial" on their schedule so that if people don't want to go on the day selected they aren't surprised when they show up. The horrors I say.

I doubt if Disney had an "unofficial" date for Southern Baptist Convention listed on their calendar anyone's head would explode. The only one that seem to have a problem are Christians because some Gays plan to have coordinated their vacations and the Disney park let's people know when that is.

>>>>

Last edited:
Gee, I wish I had the guts to come out in public as gay.
Problem is I'm straight. Oh well!

Gay Days is stage for banner wars

Updated: Wednesday, 09 May 2012, 6:24 PM EDT

It also brings out protesters who say the event is an assault on traditional family values.

Florida Family Association (FFA) has raised over $4,000 to fly banners over Disney this year, alerting visitors to gays in the parks. "You can help spare thousands of children from being exposed to this highly offensive Gay Day at Disney event," reads a statement on the organization's website.

FFA says the airplane banner is the most cost effective way to "warn" families before they spend money on tickets and parking. They say it helps to inform families before they "expose their children to same-sex revelry" and "commit a day for fun now ruined."

Now, it appears an organization which promotes Orlando as a gay-friendly destination is borrowing the tactic from the FFA's playbook.

OrlandoGayTravel.com, which bills itself as "the official non-profit LGBT Convention and Visitors Bureau," is hoping to take to the air with banners of their own. As part of the "Gay-friendly Sky Campaign," the website plans to use a primary banner which will read, "Gay Friendly, Everyone Friendly!"

"Our destination is in the top 10 most visited places for LGBT tourist and the American Hotel and Lodging Association estimate gay-travelers spent $3.0 billion last year in Orlando," reads a statement on OrlandoGayTravel.com.

They say that as funds allow, additional banners would display the messages, "Welcome LGBT Visitors" and "Thanks LGBT for $3.0 Billion."

Read more: Gay Days is stage for banner wars

Hi Sil, the best and most creative way to change the market demand
is to produce better entertainment with consistent content and messages.

When you raise the industry standard, and produce more fun entertainment
that more people prefer (both audiences and performers) then you take back control.

The market is wide open. With the democratization of media, production, video streaming online that has opened up radio and TV to the masses, anything is possible.

Why fret about the glut of garbage?
Why not host contests to compete to organize local talent and push for better quality?

I know so many talented producers, writers, and computer graphic and video artists
who can make this happen. Just need to organize online, they are already revolutionizing the media.

The cream of the crop needs to rise above all the other garbage floating around.
once these teams find each other and change the market, the other producers
will have to meet or beat that level to catch up.

I think the latest group I saw push the bar up on a professionally produced level was the comedy duo from Norway, Ylvis. haven't seen funny comedy for a while, since SNL went downhill. haven't seen funny videos from Weird Al since his spoofs on Michael Jackson and Billy Joel from the 80s, Nirvana from the grunge band era, and White and Nerdy.

I have a political spoof on Shakespeare that includes a gay couple (as Romeo's "flaming" friends Mercutio and Benvolio plus their gay artist pal Portfolio). But all the characters are caricatures of liberal Democrat and conservative Republican stereotypes. So it bashes everyone equally, shows the screwball tragedy of American politics, and doesn't promote any of this as a positive solution. Just a celebration of abusing free speech to bash people.
Juliet & Romeo: A Play on Life in America
Juliet & Romeo: A Play on Life in America

>>>>

Around the holidays Disney has Night of Joy featuring Christian artists and entertainers, nobody seems to give a fuck.

Around the holidays Disney has Night of Joy featuring Christian artists and entertainers, nobody seems to give a fuck.

That's because christian values don't elevate pedophiles as their cult leader for that pedophile's sexuality. If there are pedophiles in the church and they are discovered, at least an effort is made to drum them out. The difference in the church of LGBT is they've dispensed with the drumming out and instead when they discover the truth of that person's sexuality, build a throne under him and make a US postage stamp of him to represent their values.

See my signature for details.

LGBT doesn't belong within 100 miles of any Walt Disney franchise because that franchise is all about the children who gather there.

It also brings out protesters who say the event is an assault on traditional family values.

Florida Family Association (FFA) has raised over $4,000 to fly banners over Disney this year, alerting visitors to gays in the parks. "You can help spare thousands of children from being exposed to this highly offensive Gay Day at Disney event," reads a statement on the organization's website.

FFA says the airplane banner is the most cost effective way to "warn" families before they spend money on tickets and parking. They say it helps to inform families before they "expose their children to same-sex revelry" and "commit a day for fun now ruined."

Now, it appears an organization which promotes Orlando as a gay-friendly destination is borrowing the tactic from the FFA's playbook.

OrlandoGayTravel.com, which bills itself as "the official non-profit LGBT Convention and Visitors Bureau," is hoping to take to the air with banners of their own. As part of the "Gay-friendly Sky Campaign," the website plans to use a primary banner which will read, "Gay Friendly, Everyone Friendly!"

"Our destination is in the top 10 most visited places for LGBT tourist and the American Hotel and Lodging Association estimate gay-travelers spent $3.0 billion last year in Orlando," reads a statement on OrlandoGayTravel.com.

They say that as funds allow, additional banners would display the messages, "Welcome LGBT Visitors" and "Thanks LGBT for $3.0 Billion."

Traditional "bigoted" family values.

Remember, in the bible, the traditional family had many wives. And sex slaves. And slaves.

Traditional "bigoted" family values.

Remember, in the bible, the traditional family had many wives. And sex slaves. And slaves.

I haven't called you a moron lately, done. By the way you're avatar is an oxymoron, do you know what the islamics would do to you in some of their countries, they would turn you into a night light...:eek:

Last edited:
It would seem to me that the anti-gay folks would be delighted that there is a "gay day" at Disney. Disney is the 7th circle of hell, and I would not even wish it on Palin...

Thanks for being LGBT friendly. :)

Disney has been doing this for as long as i have had an annual pass. I have as yet to come across any inappropriate behavior.

I've seen some racy shit at Disney gay day in Anaheim. Two lesbians wearing a shirt saying "I love eating candy" & the other one wearing a shirt saying "I'm candy". My six and eight year old kids were asking me what that was all about. Multiple over the top PDA's that I'd care not see two straight people doing, let alone having to explain to a couple of kids that Adam and Eve could also be Adam and Steve. I don't care if people are gay or not, but for Christ's sake, tone down the overtly flamboyant sexual behavior. And that goes for straight couples as well.

I've seen some racy shit at Disney gay day in Anaheim. Two lesbians wearing a shirt saying "I love eating candy" & the other one wearing a shirt saying "I'm candy". My six and eight year old kids were asking me what that was all about. Multiple over the top PDA's that I'd care not see two straight people doing, let alone having to explain to a couple of kids that Adam and Eve could also be Adam and Steve. I don't care if people are gay or not, but for Christ's sake, tone down the overtly flamboyant sexual behavior. And that goes for straight couples as well.

As far as Adam & Eve are concerned, how did you explain to your kids that we're all inbred products of Adam & Eve?

That's because christian values don't elevate pedophiles as their cult leader for that pedophile's sexuality. If there are pedophiles in the church and they are discovered, at least an effort is made to drum them out. The difference in the church of LGBT is they've dispensed with the drumming out and instead when they discover the truth of that person's sexuality, build a throne under him and make a US postage stamp of him to represent their values.

See my signature for details.

LGBT doesn't belong within 100 miles of any Walt Disney franchise because that franchise is all about the children who gather there.

I don't think the seven major Protestant denominations here in the US do that any more, its just about only the evangelicals, Pentecostals and Hispanic Catholics that do that now.

Forum List

Back