Gay Day at Disney

That probably is the point of most of them....it's the goofy ones that dress up like in the pictures posted here, i can't take them seriously. And they ruin it for the ones that just want to live their lives like all other couples. If they want respect from everyone else, then they need to show some respect also.

I happen to agree with you. I don't think that flamboyant gays help sell the point that.....We are like anyone else

Most gays live their lives in obscurity. They work, support themselves and have loving monogamous partnerships. Having grown up in the 60s, I still cringe at two men kissing. But I don't mind mild public displays of affection or acknowledging their right to marry and raise a family.

Agree too...except the part of "Marrying'. I know it's just me, but i don't like the idea of it being called a marriage. Call it a Civil Union or whatever and give them ALL the benefits of a married couple. I couldn't care less about that....but because i'm a Christian i do not believe in a Christian Marriage for them or forcing a Christian Church to marry them. I can't help it, but it's just how i feel. Other than that...i have no problem with whatever they want to do.

But if they are christians, and it's a marriage, why should it be called something else?

That probably is the point of most of them....it's the goofy ones that dress up like in the pictures posted here, i can't take them seriously. And they ruin it for the ones that just want to live their lives like all other couples. If they want respect from everyone else, then they need to show some respect also.

I happen to agree with you. I don't think that flamboyant gays help sell the point that.....We are like anyone else

Most gays live their lives in obscurity. They work, support themselves and have loving monogamous partnerships. Having grown up in the 60s, I still cringe at two men kissing. But I don't mind mild public displays of affection or acknowledging their right to marry and raise a family.

Agree too...except the part of "Marrying'. I know it's just me, but i don't like the idea of it being called a marriage. Call it a Civil Union or whatever and give them ALL the benefits of a married couple. I couldn't care less about that....but because i'm a Christian i do not believe in a Christian Marriage for them or forcing a Christian Church to marry them. I can't help it, but it's just how i feel. Other than that...i have no problem with whatever they want to do.

It seems as if you would relegate homosexuals to a different kind of union... a separate but equal marriage. How is that different from segregation of schools?

Personally, I think marriage is a rite of the church and should remain as such. I think all current marriages and future "marriages" whether gay or straight should be treated as "civil unions" and given the exact same rights and privileges regardless of the make up of the couple.

Marriage is a rite of the church. Those who want to be married in the church can be married in the church and have their union blessed by the Lord. That rite extends to homosexuals in that there are churches that open their arms to sinners who happen to be homosexuals. Members of those churches are loved by the Lord in the same way as sinners who call my denomination "home" are loved by the Lord.

I expect no more or less mercy from the Lord than will be shown to my homosexual brother.

Immie

It seems as if you would relegate homosexuals to a different kind of union... a separate but equal marriage. How is that different from segregation of schools?

Personally, I think marriage is a rite of the church and should remain as such. I think all current marriages and future "marriages" whether gay or straight should be treated as "civil unions" and given the exact same rights and privileges regardless of the make up of the couple.

Marriage is a rite of the church. Those who want to be married in the church can be married in the church and have their union blessed by the Lord. That rite extends to homosexuals in that there are churches that open their arms to sinners who happen to be homosexuals. Members of those churches are loved by the Lord in the same way as sinners who call my denomination "home" are loved by the Lord.

I expect no more or less mercy from the Lord than will be shown to my homosexual brother.

Immie

I can't agree that the rite extends to homosexuals...i know there are church's that open their arms to gays. But it says in the bible that homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord. Yes, God loves the gays just as he loves the rest of us....but He also said marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN.

Being gay is no more a sin than any other sins. I sin, i'm no better than them. BUT, it's that God told us what a marriage is. I can't morally say it's ok with me if they have a wedding ceremony in a church....i just can't. And i know it's up to God to handle their sins and mine...just as he'll handle the Church that agrees to marry them. And i'm not saying that Gays cannot be Christian, but i believe they misunderstand or interpret what is said in the Bible the way they want to...and are not actually understanding what God is saying.

Immie

I can't agree that the rite extends to homosexuals...i know there are church's that open their arms to gays. But it says in the bible that homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord. Yes, God loves the gays just as he loves the rest of us....but He also said marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN.

Being gay is no more a sin than any other sins. I sin, i'm no better than them. BUT, it's that God told us what a marriage is. I can't morally say it's ok with me if they have a wedding ceremony in a church....i just can't. And i know it's up to God to handle their sins and mine...just as he'll handle the Church that agrees to marry them. And i'm not saying that Gays cannot be Christian, but i believe they misunderstand or interpret what is said in the Bible the way they want to...and are not actually understanding what God is saying.

But it says in the bible that homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord.

Did you have bacon for breakfast on Sunday morning? Do you like the taste of a good pork chop now and then? I really do not want to start skimming though the Law as presented in Leviticus or Deuteronomy to find the laws you are guilty of breaking.

Yes, God loves the gays just as he loves the rest of us....but He also said marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN.

It does? Don't take this wrong, but I have to ask you for Chapter and Verse. I'm pretty knowledgable about the Bible and I can't think of where I have read that and honestly, I have looked.

And i'm not saying that Gays cannot be Christian, but i believe they misunderstand or interpret what is said in the Bible the way they want to...and are not actually understanding what God is saying.

I believe they do as well. I also believe that they are not actually understanding what God is saying... I wish to heck that I could say that I have a clear understanding of what the Bible is saying and that I have never once misinterpreted God's word, or that if I have, that I have corrected that error and my (and only my) interpretation is 100% accurate and that all of you who believe in the Bible have errors in your beliefs because obviously mine is the only correct interpretation and you all are just plain wrong... I can't say that.

Please take this as a friend speaking to a friend. I know you are Christ centered in the same way as I am, but in this case, I think you are wrong. I know that my interpretation has errors in it. I trust in the Lord to correct those errors if and when necessary.

Immie

What else can we find? Ah, yes.

deut2213.jpg

Immie

Did you have bacon for breakfast on Sunday morning? Do you like the taste of a good pork chop now and then? I really do not want to start skimming though the Law as presented in Leviticus or Deuteronomy to find the laws you are guilty of breaking.

Yes, God loves the gays just as he loves the rest of us....but He also said marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN.

It does? Don't take this wrong, but I have to ask you for Chapter and Verse. I'm pretty knowledgable about the Bible and I can't think of where I have read that and honestly, I have looked.

And i'm not saying that Gays cannot be Christian, but i believe they misunderstand or interpret what is said in the Bible the way they want to...and are not actually understanding what God is saying.

I believe they do as well. I also believe that they are not actually understanding what God is saying... I wish to heck that I could say that I have a clear understanding of what the Bible is saying and that I have never once misinterpreted God's word, or that if I have, that I have corrected that error and my (and only my) interpretation is 100% accurate and that all of you who believe in the Bible have errors in your beliefs because obviously mine is the only correct interpretation and you all are just plain wrong... I can't say that.

Please take this as a friend speaking to a friend. I know you are Christ centered in the same way as I am, but in this case, I think you are wrong. I know that my interpretation has errors in it. I trust in the Lord to correct those errors if and when necessary.

Immie

I understand what you're saying too....and i don't believe that i know all about the Bible, nobody does. And like you said, we all interpret it differently and i couldn't say that i'm "right"...all i can say is what i believe to be right. But i believe the old laws (Old Testament) as you quoted does not pertain to NT Christians.

I also don't know the exact verse about Man and Woman, but i will be looking. I'm sure it's not the same exactly statement that i made. But i also know He made Adam and Eve (man and woman) and that in Corinthians we are told homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord. If he meant people to marry the same sex then I think He would have said that.

I have to leave for work...but i'll be back :)

Immie

I understand what you're saying too....and i don't believe that i know all about the Bible, nobody does. And like you said, we all interpret it differently and i couldn't say that i'm "right"...all i can say is what i believe to be right. But i believe the old laws (Old Testament) as you quoted does not pertain to NT Christians.

I also don't know the exact verse about Man and Woman, but i will be looking. I'm sure it's not the same exactly statement that i made. But i also know He made Adam and Eve (man and woman) and that in Corinthians we are told homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord. If he meant people to marry the same sex then I think He would have said that.

I have to leave for work...but i'll be back :)

Ok....i think i found something :)

Hebrews 13:4
Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

3.1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men1 Corinthians 6:8-10 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 6 (Whole Chapter)

There are several more references...and by these passages, it's pretty clear what God thought of Marriage and of homosexuality.

Gay Days is stage for banner wars

Updated: Wednesday, 09 May 2012, 6:24 PM EDT

ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - The first weekend of June marks the annual gathering of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered (LGBT) locals and tourists known as Gay Days. The event, now over two decades old, began as a single day at Walt Disney World Resort's Magic Kingdom theme park but has since grown into a multi-day, multi-attraction affair which brings millions of dollars to local coffers.

It also brings out protesters who say the event is an assault on traditional family values.

Florida Family Association (FFA) has raised over $4,000 to fly banners over Disney this year, alerting visitors to gays in the parks. "You can help spare thousands of children from being exposed to this highly offensive Gay Day at Disney event," reads a statement on the organization's website.

FFA says the airplane banner is the most cost effective way to "warn" families before they spend money on tickets and parking. They say it helps to inform families before they "expose their children to same-sex revelry" and "commit a day for fun now ruined."

Now, it appears an organization which promotes Orlando as a gay-friendly destination is borrowing the tactic from the FFA's playbook.

OrlandoGayTravel.com, which bills itself as "the official non-profit LGBT Convention and Visitors Bureau," is hoping to take to the air with banners of their own. As part of the "Gay-friendly Sky Campaign," the website plans to use a primary banner which will read, "Gay Friendly, Everyone Friendly!"

"Our destination is in the top 10 most visited places for LGBT tourist and the American Hotel and Lodging Association estimate gay-travelers spent $3.0 billion last year in Orlando," reads a statement on OrlandoGayTravel.com.

They say that as funds allow, additional banners would display the messages, "Welcome LGBT Visitors" and "Thanks LGBT for $3.0 Billion."

Read more: Gay Days is stage for banner wars

It is outragous that protesters would show up to picket another communities lifestyle. What if people showed up to protest when we circumsize our children, or they show up to protest our church picnics. Leave these fucking people alone. Amazing you righties have to be fucking told. Didn't your parents teach you manners? Fact is, they probably did teach you to be bigots. That's ok, you are a dying minority. Won't be long before you don't matter at all. Like the Klan.

Funny story. Ceder Point in Ohio has gay day on Fathers Day. Why Fathers Day? To say FUCK YOU to all the fathers that disowned their sons and daughters. Now instead of Fathers Day being a depressing day for these gay people, its a day of fun and unity.

And omg, they were making out and fondling each other. It wasn't a place for kids that day. I was disgusted. But to be honest, maybe it was good for me. Maybe everyone needs to be exposed to it for a full day. Because at the end of the day, who gives a shit.

And I'm a voyer. I like to people watch. I think its funny shit. Gross, but funny. Sickest thing I ever watched.

But say something to them standing in line! I dare you! I bet you the protesters stay out of the park at Disney. Cause if you crossed these guys in line, they'd kill you. Me and my buddies kept pointing out gays we wouldn't fuck with. There were a lot of them. They were big and muscular and will scratch your eyes out. LOL.

So why would anyone protest to spoil these people's day? I say the gays should kill their asses out in the parking lot. Anyone showing up to protest doesn't deserve to live. Because you know what they say? Live and let live. They don't let live.

Florida has stand your ground laws? I want to pass a law that if you are protesting gays, the gays can shoot at you.

Funny story. Ceder Point in Ohio has gay day on Fathers Day. Why Fathers Day? To say FUCK YOU to all the fathers that disowned their sons and daughters. Now instead of Fathers Day being a depressing day for these gay people, its a day of fun and unity.

And omg, they were making out and fondling each other. It wasn't a place for kids that day. I was disgusted. But to be honest, maybe it was good for me. Maybe everyone needs to be exposed to it for a full day. Because at the end of the day, who gives a shit.

And I'm a voyer. I like to people watch. I think its funny shit. Gross, but funny. Sickest thing I ever watched.

But say something to them standing in line! I dare you! I bet you the protesters stay out of the park at Disney. Cause if you crossed these guys in line, they'd kill you. Me and my buddies kept pointing out gays we wouldn't fuck with. There were a lot of them. They were big and muscular and will scratch your eyes out. LOL.

So why would anyone protest to spoil these people's day? I say the gays should kill their asses out in the parking lot. Anyone showing up to protest doesn't deserve to live. Because you know what they say? Live and let live. They don't let live.

If this was my daddy I'd have to give him the boot...

Forum List

Back