Gay Day at Disney

Disney has been doing this for as long as i have had an annual pass. I have as yet to come across any inappropriate behavior.

IIRC, this is not an event organized or sponsored by Disney, an oft thought misconception.

This is an external group of individuals/groups that picked a certain day and decided to go to Disney.

>>>>

It is recognized by Disneyland. Disneyland remarks the day by putting up a sign at the ticket kiosk. THe same as they put up a sign welcoming any group.

Putting a sign up does not mean they are sponsoring the event.

>>>>

Gay activists are notorious for mocking Christianity.

And Christians have always treated gays so well...

IMO, Christians, as a group, are much more loving and tolerant than the gay activists.

Gay activists use tactics of bullying and intimidation to silence any opposition to their agenda..

People have become afraid to speak out against the radical gay agenda as a result. However, gay activists continually make viscous attacks on Christianity with virtual impunity.

:lol:

Thanks for being LGBT friendly. :)

Disney has been doing this for as long as i have had an annual pass. I have as yet to come across any inappropriate behavior.

IIRC, this is not an event organized or sponsored by Disney, an oft thought misconception.

This is an external group of individuals/groups that picked a certain day and decided to go to Disney.

>>>>

I know it is not a Disney event... nor is it something that they publicize. "Disney Gay Days" is unofficially what it has become to be know as.

I find it interesting that gays say that one's sexual preference shouldn't (and doesn't) matter . . . and then they turn around and announce it to the world.

I seriously don't care who you sleep with so please stop telling me. TIA.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
I'm not anti-gay...but i am against gays getting "married".
What i don't get is, they talk about wanting the same rights and benefits that the rest of us have. They want to make being gay a normal thing. But then they do things like this...not so much having the "event" as how they dress and act out in public. Even heterosexual couples don't do things like this..their actions at these events are not "normal". I'm sure a lot of gay couples don't go overboard with this, i know quite a few that you would have no idea they are gay. Then you get the wierdo's that want to dress extravagantly like women and they just plain look stupid!

With this, how are we supposed to believe they want to be "equal"?????

Dont do thinks like what? ... go to Disneyland? They look like everyone else at Disneyland.... shorts, shirts and hats....

What i don't get is, they talk about wanting the same rights and benefits that the rest of us have. They want to make being gay a normal thing. But then they do things like this...not so much having the "event" as how they dress and act out in public. Even heterosexual couples don't do things like this..their actions at these events are not "normal". I'm sure a lot of gay couples don't go overboard with this, i know quite a few that you would have no idea they are gay. Then you get the wierdo's that want to dress extravagantly like women and they just plain look stupid!

Most gays and lesbians don't dress up like this and act out in public. We live quiet lives like everyone else. I've never been to Disneyland.

:eek:

You have never been to Disneyland??!!??.... Where have you been all your life?

Most gays and lesbians don't dress up like this and act out in public. We live quiet lives like everyone else. I've never been to Disneyland.

I understand that Sky...that's why i said what i did. The couples i know act NOTHING like this, at least in public. But i guess it would be the same thing as some of the wacky Christians out there. I'm Christian, but i don't try to force my beliefs and lifestyle on others...where many others, i guess "radical" Christians, are the reason so many non-believers hate us.
I absolutely don't hate gays....but i hate the way some of them act in public. They seem to think it's FUN to do this knowing what people are going to think of them.

I find it interesting that gays say that one's sexual preference shouldn't (and doesn't) matter . . . and then they turn around and announce it to the world.

I believe their point is that they should be able to announce it to he world without having to live in the shadows out of fear of recrimination

Dont do thinks like what? ... go to Disneyland? They look like everyone else at Disneyland.... shorts, shirts and hats....

I'm talking about the "event", not just the fact that they went to Disneyland. And yes, most likely a lot of them do look like everyone else. Like I said, i know many gays do NOT act or dress extravegantly or put on a big show by dressing up in stupid outfits to make themselves stand out...but many do too. These people are the ones i have a problem with...just like i have a problem with radical Christians that just seem to want to shove our religion down other's throats and make all the rest of us look bad...they make me sick. The gays that want to dress up and flaunt their lifestyle in front of the world make me sick too.

If they want respect and want everyone to see that they're just as normal as anyone else...then they need to prove it. This isn't doing it...........

• Thanks

I believe their point is that they should be able to announce it to he world without having to live in the shadows out of fear of recrimination

That probably is the point of most of them....it's the goofy ones that dress up like in the pictures posted here, i can't take them seriously. And they ruin it for the ones that just want to live their lives like all other couples. If they want respect from everyone else, then they need to show some respect also.

And in the same breath they point out that one's sexual preference doesn't make any difference.

Which is it? Does it matter or not?

It's like people saying that one's race doesn't make any difference (and it doesn't) but then they (the one's who say it doesn't matter) keep bringing up race.

:confused:

There will always be people who are prejudiced against others for whatever reason. Standing and loudly shouting 'hey, lookee here, I am xxx (gay, black, left handed, whatever) and you WILL accept me whether you like it or not' will not change anyone's mind and to people like me who don't care, it only serves to piss off and annoy.

Live your life, be happy, and stop trying to get the world's approval.

I'm talking about the "event", not just the fact that they went to Disneyland. And yes, most likely a lot of them do look like everyone else. Like I said, i know many gays do NOT act or dress extravegantly or put on a big show by dressing up in stupid outfits to make themselves stand out...but many do too. These people are the ones i have a problem with...just like i have a problem with radical Christians that just seem to want to shove our religion down other's throats and make all the rest of us look bad...they make me sick. The gays that want to dress up and flaunt their lifestyle in front of the world make me sick too.

If they want respect and want everyone to see that they're just as normal as anyone else...then they need to prove it. This isn't doing it...........

Ill agree with that.... i am not fond of the over the top in your face crap either.

And in the same breath they point out that one's sexual preference doesn't make any difference.

It's like people saying that one's race doesn't make any difference (and it doesn't) but then they (the one's who say it doesn't matter) keep bringing up race.

There will always be people who are prejudiced against others for whatever reason. Standing and loudly shouting 'hey, lookee here, I am xxx (gay, black, left handed, whatever) and you WILL accept me whether you like it or not' will not change anyone's mind and to people like me who don't care, it only serves to piss off and annoy.

The only problem (and I do appreciate your posts) with that scenario is - what if being happy includes being able to marry their heart's desire?

The only problem (and I do appreciate your posts) with that scenario is - what if being happy includes being able to marry their heart's desire?

That's the only place where 'announcing' one's sexual preference makes any sense because their sexual preference is directly tied to them not being able to marry. Other than that? I seriously don't get things like 'gay day at Disney' or 'gay parades' or whatever.

Other than marriage/civil unions, what rights are gay people denied? None. So the point of announcing their sexual preference is . . . .?

That's the only place where 'announcing' one's sexual preference makes any sense because their sexual preference is directly tied to them not being able to marry. Other than that? I seriously don't get things like 'gay day at Disney' or 'gay parades' or whatever.

Other than marriage/civil unions, what rights are gay people denied? None. So the point of announcing their sexual preference is . . . .?

Don't know. Rather like me being left-handed. When you're part of less than 10% of the population, it rather defines you.

One Christmas, my sister told me she was jealous because my fiance and I could be affectionate with each other in front of family, and she and Anita couldn't. I said it's not can't. It's won't. You had a choice to make, and you chose to stay closeted. That's not on me.

• Thanks

Too many people (not you) are comfortable in their ignorance. They think gays should be covered by the three monkeys (see, speak, hear no evil). They are NOT evil. People need to see that.

That's a big part of why I love Ellen, and John Barrowman. They are out there, they are amazing people, and everybody loves them. Not because they're gay, or despite the fact that they're gay, but just because they are wonderful people that you can't help help but smile back at.

Too many people (not you) are comfortable in their ignorance. They think gays should be covered by the three monkeys (see, speak, hear no evil). They are NOT evil. People need to see that.

That's a big part of why I love Ellen, and John Barrowman. They are out there, they are amazing people, and everybody loves them. Not because they're gay, or despite the fact that they're gay, but just because they are wonderful people that you can't help help but smile back at.

Don't know. Rather like me being left-handed. When you're part of less than 10% of the population, it rather defines you.

One Christmas, my sister told me she was jealous because my fiance and I could be affectionate with each other in front of family, and she and Anita couldn't. I said it's not can't. It's won't. You had a choice to make, and you chose to stay closeted. That's not on me.

I'm a lefty too. I don't find that it defines me but rather it's just me, it's just how I am (but ok, I really, really, really like being left handed, not being like most others, the norm lol). But I don't go around announcing it I just . . . go around being. If someone where to have a problem with my lefthandiness? Then I see that as being their problem, not mine. I don't find I need to be validated by strangers and quite frankly, I don't give a hoot what they think of me. If they find me odd or quirky or :eek: icky? :lol: would be my reaction and I'd walk away.

Forum List

Back