Gay Conservatives?

Doug

May 23, 2005
England
Can be found here .

Hey, I've got a good idea! Let's all write some really hateful things about them, so they will go join the other side. We're bound to win all the elections that are coming up anyway.

Ah Dougie, you knew it was coming, :D but seriously I think there should be a National Conservative Republican Coming Out Day, that way it will give all the hypocrites a chance to say, jeez, what will they say?

'Not that there is anything wrong with that.'

Sex has a place in politics - usually a victory bonk on election night. But apart from that I think it's best kept as a private matter and not something to be used to evaluate a party's policies.

Sex has a place in politics - usually a victory bonk on election night. But apart from that I think it's best kept as a private matter and not something to be used to evaluate a party's policies.

Normally I would agree with you. But the repubs have vilified and used gays as a wedge issue for the last eight years.... ever since Karl Rove took over republican strategizing.

So, yes.. I think they need to take into consideration the level of hatred that is thrown at them. Just my opinion. But to me it would be like a Jew joining the KKK.

Normally I would agree with you. But the repubs have vilified and used gays as a wedge issue for the last eight years.... ever since Karl Rove took over republican strategizing.

So, yes.. I think they need to take into consideration the level of hatred that is thrown at them. Just my opinion. But to me it would be like a Jew joining the KKK.

Yes, understood - Rove was very good at organising hate figures, he must have read Nineteen Eighty-Four so many times.

Doug hasn't returned to draw one of his usual jeremiads that somehow or another ends up blaming the other side for all that is wrong with the world and its problems. And he has the nerve yet to pick on Chomsky. But I read the link and wonder if one side is wrong one way, could the other side be wrong too. Weird article kinda apropos of a simple minded categorization and not thought.

Do We Have a Pattern Here? Another GOP Homosexual Scandal

Raw Story | October 31, 2007
David Edwards

Washington State lawmaker Richard Curtis resigned his office tonight after a man he allegedly paid for sex spoke to the media about the encounter. Curtis is the third conservative lawmaker in just as many months to resign amid allegations of soliciting gay sex. CNN noted similarities between the seemingly ?pressured' resignations in this and other Republican scandals involving homosexuality."I sincerely apologize for any pain my actions may have caused," Curtis wrote in a statement. "This has been damaging to my family, and I don't want to subject them to any additional pain that might result from carrying out this matter under the scrutiny that comes with holding public office."

The Associated Press reports , "Three days earlier, Curtis had insisted to his local newspaper that he was not gay and that sex was not involved in what he said was an extortion attempt by a man last week. But in police reports, Curtis said he was being extorted by a man he had sex with in a Spokane hotel room. The other man contends Curtis reneged on a promise to pay $1,000 for sex."

Their called log cabin republicans

There's something faintly sleazy about that term too, don't ask me why, it just rankles me. Anyway who gives a rat's what they are. We just had a little frisson of our own in our current federal election campaign when a dickhead brought up an opponent's sexual persuasion. Who cares???

Minor grammatical correction, martin. Is it not more accurate to say that "They're called log cabin republicans."

Their called log cabin republicans

I suppose it still surprises you to know that Honest Abe was also a very respected, feared and politically astute American even though he was certainly a queer in the more modern vein of that description.

Minor grammatical correction, martin. Is it not more accurate to say that "They're called log cabin republicans."

I suppose it still surprises you to know that Honest Abe was also a very respected, feared and politically astute American even though he was certainly a queer in the more modern vein of that description.

Is that why they chose the name? The old log cabin to White House thing?

Can be found here .

Hey, I've got a good idea! Let's all write some really hateful things about them, so they will go join the other side. We're bound to win all the elections that are coming up anyway.

They have a major orginization here at http://www.logcabin.org/ I saw an ad they have on TV about Mitt Romney as they are launching a campaign against him. Apparently they are a pretty big orginization.

I think just because someone is Gay, Lesbian or Bisexual doesn't mean they arn't a Conservative. Yes it is sick and not the way of life for most of us, but who are we to judge or criticize.

Ah Dougie, you knew it was coming, :D but seriously I think there should be a National Conservative Republican Coming Out Day, that way it will give all the hypocrites a chance to say, jeez, what will they say?

'Not that there is anything wrong with that.'

What will you hypocrites say? You know ... you that think it's okay to be a gay liberal but bash gay conservatives at every mention?

Any other time you're defending gays to the death ...

Forum List

Back