Gay Bar Owner Shows Intolerance

I think they are a private organization who can admit who ever they want.

Last time I checked, businesses are prohibited by law from discriminating based on race, sex, religion, ethnicity, creed, etc. As the law stands right now, they can no more refuse to do business with women having bachelorette parties than they can refuse to do business with black people.

Mind you, I have to wonder why women would WANT to have bachelorette parties in a gay bar, but that's their issue, not mine.

Just as bars catering to a straight clientele should not be forced to serve gays. It's called business practice.

Gay men generally object to women flaunting their femaleness. Fag hags are special, they're okay.

Last time I checked, businesses are prohibited by law from discriminating based on race, sex, religion, ethnicity, creed, etc. As the law stands right now, they can no more refuse to do business with women having bachelorette parties than they can refuse to do business with black people.

Sure they can. It's discrimination based on sexual orientation, not gender...which is perfectly legal in a number of states.

Mind you, I have to wonder why women would WANT to have bachelorette parties in a gay bar, but that's their issue, not mine.

Because that's where the best music is...and it's full of good looking men that aren't going to hit on you.

It's safe. They won't get pawed or grabbed. Usually at a bachelorette party the women are out to have a good time not hook up. Notice that bachelorette parties don't go to lesbian bars.

I agree with Don't Taz Me Bro but also know that Cecilie is correct under our current laws.

This buisiness can be sued for discrimination just like business that refuse to serve gays, whites, or women could be sued....errr i meant blacks, oh what is the difference ;)

I agree with Don't Taz Me Bro but also know that Cecilie is correct under our current laws.

This buisiness can be sued for discrimination just like business that refuse to serve gays, whites, or women could be sued....errr i meant blacks, oh what is the difference ;)

They aren't refusing to serve them, they are refusing to host bachelorette parties.

Sure they can. It's discrimination based on sexual orientation, not gender...which is perfectly legal in a number of states.

Because that's where the best music is...and it's full of good looking men that aren't going to hit on you.

So let's see a bar put up a sign saying, "No homosexuals allowed", and see how long THAT lasts before there are lawsuits and protests and whatever.

And actually, btw, they're just ASSUMING those parties are for hetero women. What if a lesbian couple is getting married, and one of them decides to have HER bachelorette party there?

Why does this whining dipshit bar owner think he's "excluded from the experience", anyway? Who the fuck is stopping him from having a wedding with all the trappings, including parties beforehand, if that's what he wants to do? Does he really need that piece of paper - and public approbation - so badly that he lets it stop him from living his life?

It's safe. They won't get pawed or grabbed. Usually at a bachelorette party the women are out to have a good time not hook up. Notice that bachelorette parties don't go to lesbian bars.

I thought it was because lesbian bars suck. As far as I'm aware, my city only has one lesbian bar, and even the lesbians hardly go there. Damned if I know how they stay in business.

A gay bar is a perfect place. The women can party without fear of being hit on.

"A Christian photographer in New Mexico was found guilty last week of breaking state law for refusing to take pictures of a lesbian ceremony.

Elaine Huguenin of Elane Photography was contacted in 2006 by a same-sex couple wanting pictures taken of their "commitment ceremony."

After Huguenin told them she only photographed traditional marriages, the couple filed a complaint for discrimination against their sexual orientation.

The case was taken before the New Mexico Human Rights Commission, which heard the case in January.

On Wednesday, the state commission ruled that Huguenin violated the state's Human Rights Act. An order was issued for the photographer to pay close to $7,000 for the couple's attorney's fees."

Last edited:

Okay, seriously, do women really freak out that much about being hit on? Is it really so traumatic to just say, "No, get lost"?

Maybe they should just go see male strippers. That way, they're still surrounded by handsome gay men who aren't going to hit on them.

A Bachelorette Party would be a private affair, from which the owner's regular clientele would be prohibited. That would be wrong to impose on the owner.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back