Gay Bar Bans Women

This story just goes to show how homosexuals think they should have special rights.

I'm trying to figure it out. If you are not gay, why insist on going to a gay bar? What's the "attraction"?

For me personally, you know you are able to relax!
You don't have to worry about anyone hitting on you, trying to sex you up :lol:
I have a couple of gay guy friends, and they are hilarious to be around...they can make me laugh more than a 'girl' friend~
At a gay bar, I can sit back and just have conversation, and laughs, nothing wrong with that :)
And for the record, I don't insist on going to any bar, gay or no....it's just going out that's the attraction.

I go to a gay bar once a month for Sunday brunch. The food is good, and a friend of mine who is a drag queen - excuse me, a female illusionist - does a show there that day. It's a nice place, with a really pleasant patio bar area, the show is fun, and the crowd is quite mixed. I know there are some jackasses among Tucson's gay community who want to go the "self-segregating" route, but most of them understand that they really only hurt themselves with that "us and them" attitude. It just enables people who are at all inclined that way to view them as "those freaks" instead of regular people. Tucson in general is a very casual, laid-back sort of city, and I simply can't imagine enough gay men getting their panties in a wad (excuse the expression) to that extent.

I'm trying to figure it out. If you are not gay, why insist on going to a gay bar? What's the "attraction"?
Freedom, If women do want to go to a gay bar they should be able too and it's wrong to discriminate based on someones gender.

I thought this is what you liberals are against.

I'm against discrimination. Straight women avoiding straight men because the straight men are "rutting pigs" is also stereotyping and a form of discrimination.

But as long as we don't open a "women's only" bar, it's really none of your business who we do and don't choose to avoid.

A GAY venue in Collingwood has won the right to ban women to ensure its patrons are not subjected to attempts by predatory females to turn them straight.

Collingwood's Sircuit Bar wins right to ban women | Herald Sun

It doesn't work. Elaine tried it once, but failed.

(I have always loved that phrase, "predatory females." What a picture it creates . . . )

What about cougar?

Take my word for it, older women (if they're at all attractive) are more likely to be hit on by younger men than they are to hit on the men themselves.

If this was a straight bar banning faggots it would be nationwide news and would have every queer rights moron out demanding blood. Just the same if it was a white's only bar versus a blacks only bar white's would be attacked and sued blacks only wouldn't.

Its like a social club, they can exclude whoever they want.

Except it's NOT like a social club. It's a business, and in THIS country, at least, businesses are not allowed to discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion, etc. There? I'm not sure.

Let me make sure I really understand this. Republicans feel women should be able to go to these bars? But they are against gays marrying gays? How about these women trade their right to marry with the gays right to be left alone? Oh, nevermind. Gays don't have that right.

Do you have a brain?

Consider the source.

I know, but I seem to be incurably optimistic when it comes to people learning.

If this was a straight bar banning faggots it would be nationwide news and would have every queer rights moron out demanding blood. Just the same if it was a white's only bar versus a blacks only bar white's would be attacked and sued blacks only wouldn't.

When did you become an expert on Australian law.

Still promoting that racist site I see.

I do know a number of women who have or do frequent gay bars simply because they don't want to be hit on.
I wonder if they are taking lesbians out of the mix?

Racist because it wants to make sure my race lives on and doesn't become extinct...common sense obviously isn't your strong suit.

I do know a number of women who have or do frequent gay bars simply because they don't want to be hit on.
I wonder if they are taking lesbians out of the mix?

I don't know why, but lesbians don't seem to do a lot of that. They seem to stick to people they're familiar with, or friends of friends, that kind of thing. I'm more likely to get hit on in a gay bar by bisexual men than I am by lesbians.

The Earth Goddess SWAT Team might parachute in and haul me off to a re-education camp for saying this, but maybe it's just the basic difference between the way men and women are wired.

Racist because it wants to make sure my race lives on and doesn't become extinct...common sense obviously isn't your strong suit.

At the risk of encouraging you, I have to ask: as long as the human race survives, what difference does it make to you how much and what type of skin pigment they have?

Forum List

Back