Gay Bar Bans Women

I'm trying to figure it out. If you are not gay, why insist on going to a gay bar? What's the "attraction"?
Freedom, If women do want to go to a gay bar they should be able too and it's wrong to discriminate based on someones gender.

I thought this is what you liberals are against.

I'm against discrimination. Straight women avoiding straight men because the straight men are "rutting pigs" is also stereotyping and a form of discrimination.

cool---a hierarchy of discrimination

I'm trying to figure it out. If you are not gay, why insist on going to a gay bar? What's the "attraction"?

You have never been to a gay bar? Seriously?

In the 70's, while I was attending a junior college, I sent a "resume" to the Ashland Oregon Shakespearean Festival on the dare of a girl I was dating. They sent me an "audition" date in San Francisco. Me, her and a couple of our friends made the hour drive to the audition and spent the day paling around the city.
The audition was hilarious. Everyone else was doing these exotic ballet and jazz type dances in tights and "dance shoes". I "borrowed" some tap shoes from the theater department from the Jr. College and made up a tap dance and sang "What would you say" while dancing. Everyone was laughing and clapping.
Lo and behold, a few weeks later, I got a call from the Festival choreographer asking me if I were interested. Of course, I asked, "Who is this?" When the plane ticket showed up in my mail box a few days later, I was floored.
After a few weeks at the festival, I finally had the nerve to ask her why she hired me. After all, she had to know my "tap dance" was a joke.
She said I had enough ability that it was obvious I could do the dances, but she said no one had ever connected like that at an audition. She said if I could connect that way with the audiences at the festival, then it was a risk worth taking.

Anyway, the whole point it, "Talk about gay?". If you don't want to be around gays, spending 7 months at the Shakespearean Festival is the wrong place to be. I guarantee it.

I think it's hilarious these guys that are "afraid" they might get hit on. Just say "No!" YOU'RE A GUY! You think another guy is stronger than you? That they might "kiss" you and you can't "fight back"? I'm laughing as I'm writing this. Right wingers so funny. The things they imagine. No wonder their world is so dark.

In the 70's, while I was attending a junior college, I sent a "resume" to the Ashland Oregon Shakespearean Festival on the dare of a girl I was dating. They sent me an "audition" date in San Francisco. Me, her and a couple of our friends made the hour drive to the audition and spent the day paling around the city.
The audition was hilarious. Everyone else was doing these exotic ballet and jazz type dances in tights and "dance shoes". I "borrowed" some tap shoes from the theater department from the Jr. College and made up a tap dance and sang "What would you say" while dancing. Everyone was laughing and clapping.
Lo and behold, a few weeks later, I got a call from the Festival choreographer asking me if I were interested. Of course, I asked, "Who is this?" When the plane ticket showed up in my mail box a few days later, I was floored.
After a few weeks at the festival, I finally had the nerve to ask her why she hired me. After all, she had to know my "tap dance" was a joke.
She said I had enough ability that it was obvious I could do the dances, but she said no one had ever connected like that at an audition. She said if I could connect that way with the audiences at the festival, then it was a risk worth taking.

Anyway, the whole point it, "Talk about gay?". If you don't want to be around gays, spending 7 months at the Shakespearean Festival is the wrong place to be. I guarantee it.

I think it's hilarious these guys that are "afraid" they might get hit on. Just say "No!" YOU'RE A GUY! You think another guy is stronger than you? That they might "kiss" you and you can't "fight back"? I'm laughing as I'm writing this. Right wingers so funny. The things they imagine. No wonder their world is so dark.

It's a myth. Hetero males aren't afriad of gay males.

nice story tho:clap2:

That's how I've always felt. So who are these guys that are running scared with voices rising and hands flapping as if wrist broken? What are they so afraid of? They might "like it"? What else could it be? Nothing else makes sense.

That's how I've always felt. So who are these guys that are running scared with voices rising and hands flapping as if wrist broken? What are they so afraid of? They might "like it"? What else could it be? Nothing else makes sense.

people who don't like peas aren't necessarily afraid of peas.

It's a silly myth that's become popular.

Homosexuals constantly complain about being discriminated against, so why would they discriminate against others?

Mr. H. said:
This makes no sense. Women love patronizing gay bars because they feel safe and unintimidated.
Yes and some women are GAY and want to attend for this reason!

I could sit around whining about how nobody ever plays the kind of music I like at social gatherings but I dont. Sometimes you just gotta tolerate.

Those Wacky Aussies........

What does that have to do with the US?

Do you think it could happen here?

Guess they will lose the business of guys who bring thier "fag hags" with them.

Most of the gay bars in my city appeal to both gay men AND lesbians. There's one that gets referred to as a "lesbian bar", but that just means the proportion of regulars who are female is slightly higher. I can't imagine deliberately wanting to cut off a good half of your business like that. And what about the bisexuals? Are they supposed to open their own bar?

Guess they will lose the business of guys who bring thier "fag hags" with them.

Most of the gay bars in my city appeal to both gay men AND lesbians. There's one that gets referred to as a "lesbian bar", but that just means the proportion of regulars who are female is slightly higher. I can't imagine deliberately wanting to cut off a good half of your business like that. And what about the bisexuals? Are they supposed to open their own bar?

Excellent point.
The gay bars I have seen, were mainly the hang out for the gay men. The only ladies that would be found there, were people like me, who went with a group of friends, or the occasional "couple"- a pair of lesbian ladies, who were each others' partner just there to have a good time.
Gay bars are where the gay men go to, to find another man, for whatever :lol:
This is getting crazy when bars start categorizing their patrons.

Let me make sure I really understand this. Republicans feel women should be able to go to these bars? But they are against gays marrying gays? How about these women trade their right to marry with the gays right to be left alone? Oh, nevermind. Gays don't have that right.

Let me make sure I really understand this. Republicans feel women should be able to go to these bars? But they are against gays marrying gays? How about these women trade their right to marry with the gays right to be left alone? Oh, nevermind. Gays don't have that right.

Do you have a brain?

Forum List

Back