Gay Adult Wants vs Children's Needs: Mississippi Weighs Gay Adoption

What is more important?

• Gay adults wanting to adopt kids.

• Kids needing both a mother and father in marriage.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Save your Spam, I've already had lunch.
Don't want to talk much about what Dr. Cummings from the APA has to say about how the LGBT took it over and disappeared their ruling scientific principle, do you? :lmao:

Coddle yourself in confirmation bias all you wish. Either way, you're powerless to do anything about gays marrying and raising families. I love that it eats you up inside. lol
The judge in Mississippi hasn't rendered a decision yet...

How much you want to bet the judge doesn't cite The Prince's Trust regardless of the outcome? What conspiracy will you craft when the study doesn't get cited?

One state presently doesn't allow gays to adopt. One. Some power you got there Sil. lol. Despair in knowing your life's work of smearing gay people has been a total failure.

And Mississippi's gay adoption law was overturned.....without the judge citing the 2010 Prince's Trust study once.

Sil's record of perfect failure in predicting any legal outcome remains pristine and unbroken.

Gay parents make for identity problems for the kids...

Among other problems. Read the link in my signature about kids being disenfranchised legally from the missing parent and the effects on their young adult lives. The 5th circuit amicus briefs link.

Among other problems. Read the link in my signature about kids being disenfranchised legally from the missing parent and the effects on their young adult lives. The 5th circuit amicus briefs link.
The only problem is the bigotry and hate propagated by you and others with an unwarranted fear of gay Americans.

The only problem is the bigotry and hate propagated by you and others with an unwarranted fear of gay Americans.
Don't forget the "bigotry and hatred" of the children themselves raised by gays. See the 5th circuit link in my signature...

The Making Of Super Queer Kids.
Here's just one testimony from the link in my signature. There will be more..

Lopez testified that the lack of a father figure in his life, combined with the influence of the radical gay culture in which he was raised, gave rise to a devastating confusion about his own sexuality and ultimately led to his becoming a homosexual prostitute in his teen years in order to fulfill his craving for acceptance and love from older men.

“Had I been formally studied by same-sex parenting ‘experts’ in 1985, I would have confirmed their rosiest estimations of LGBT family life,” Lopez wrote. “[But b]ehind these façades of a happy ‘outcome’ lay many problems.”

“I experienced a great deal of sexual confusion,” Lopez wrote. “I had an inexplicable compulsion to have sex with older males … and wanted to have sex with older men who were my father’s age, though at the time I could scarcely understand what I was doing.”

Don't forget the "bigotry and hatred" of the children themselves raised by gays. See the 5th circuit link in my signature...

With many, many more children of gay parents supporting their parents right to marry.

But as usual, the only child you care about is the child you can use to attack gay people. Any child that doesn't serve that purpose and can't be exploited by you to that end...is beneath your contempt. Which is why you ignore any child that supports the right of their same sex parents to marry.

My parents- my two moms- go to work every day, like other parents. They cook dinner and mow the yard. They take care of the house. Volunteer in the community. Pay their bills. Do the thousands of little things that keep a household running. And they love me, unconditionally. But it didn't take me long to realize that my mom and her partner didn't have the same rights as other people. They are treated differently by the law and can't do many of the things that other families take for granted.

Brian Arsenault, Op-Ed, Maine Voices: Young man’s wish for his moms on Mothers Day: the right to marry. Families come in different shapes and sizes, but what matters is the love they show each other, PORTLAND PRESS HERALD (May 11, 2012)

The truth is my family really is not that different than everyone else’s. We watch movies together, play board games, my dad cooks for me, and my other dad drops us off at school.

Malina Simard-Halm to Family Equality Council (Jan. 29, 2013)

“We are a normal family of four – well, as normal as any family with a teenage girl and an elementary school girl can be, which at some times isn’t much for anyone.”

McKinley Quinn BarbouRoske, 14

Marriage is about family and my dads take the best care of me and my brother. My family is no different than any other family. We go to the movies, they take me to my sports practice, play games, and make the holidays, especially Christmas, awesome.

Austin Covey, 19

I was the multiracial daughter being raised by two Catholic Jesuit psychologists. This was a therapy session waiting to happen. But ultimately, my childhood was like any other. Plaid skirts and Peter Pan collars itched from K through 8 at St. Gabriel’s school, where I participated in the Academic Decathlon, winter and spring performances, and athletic teams including soccer, volleyball, basketball, and baseball. Kevin, aka Pop (Papa, Pa, Poppy, Popsicle), became the first male president of the Mother’s Board and Dan, aka Dad (just Dad), became assistant soccer coach and one of the key members of the Athletic Board. Needless to say, my family made moves and made ourselves known.

Following in the footsteps of my fathers and their fathers before them, I became the fourth generation McPherson Gogin to attend St. Ignatius College Preparatory. Again, my high school experience was like many other hormonal teen girls’ high school experiences. It sucked. Acne, hormones, boys, college, SATs, musicals, proms, sporting tournaments. You name it; I went through it – with my dads’ support every step of the way.

Sarah Gogin, 24

I live in a home with two women who love each other very much. I call them my mothers. There is nothing wrong with the way they live or the way they raise their children. I have proof of this. I’ve seen it in the morning when my mothers are trying to get the three of us out the door for school. I’ve also seen it when they work together at our bakery and café as a family.

Gabrielle Benham

“having gay parents has changed [his] life for the better,” that he is “more aware,” “much more accepting,” and “more sensitive to differences in the world.

Matthew Lannon, 12

Their relationship, which started when I was 7 years old, was such an important example of what a loving, committed relationship should look like that I never thought to question it. I never knew to be embarrassed if someone looked at our family differently, or to worry if my friend coming to my Dad’s with me for the weekend would be uncomfortable. I just knew we’d have fun, watch the Golden Girls and play some board games (competitively)

.....How can they tell me that my family doesn’t count? That the relationship between my two dads that I have not only learned from and cherished, but also reaped the benefits of, isn’t acknowledged on the federal level? That the love they share isn’t deserving of the same protection and laws that a man and a woman receive?

Ella Robinson

“I consider my mom’s partner my stepmom. But society does not. My school doesn’t. My doctor doesn’t. Sometimes my friend’s parents don’t either. So that leaves me in a strange position. My family doesn’t mean to other people what it means to me. I am stuck saying ‘my mom’s partner’ or ‘my mom’s girlfriend,’ when, really, I should have the right to call her ‘my stepmom.’ ”

Samuel Putnam-Ripley

How could the free society that raised me and taught me everything that I know, now deny me my other foundation, a family that is recognized and protected as such? It felt like a slap in the face from my country. I had never asked for validation, but blatant exclusion hurts.

Tsipora Prochovnick

It doesn’t bother me to tell kids my parents are gay. It does bother me to say they aren’t married. It makes me feel that our family is less than a family.

Kasey Nicholson-McFadden, 10

My moms have been together for 22 years, and I could not have asked for better, more supportive parents. Both DOMA and Prop 8 essentially sentence my parents’ relationship to second class status, not only making our family feel less worthy than others, but denying us rights that are enjoyed by other families headed by straight parents.

Maggie Franks, 18

"If you look at the vast majority of things that define who my moms are, or who my family is, it’s really no more accurate to say that my moms are gay married than to say they are Packers-fan married, or work-in-health care married."

Zach Wahls, a University of Iowa engineering student who was raised by two moms, described his family to the Iowa House of Representatives in 2011

With children of same sex parents by the score voicing their support of their parents right to marry here:

ANd you ignore every single one of these children, without exception.

Last edited:
The ban will be declared unconstitutional, and this will be a win for the millions of children that go unadopted every year. A few more of them will find a loving home they otherwise would never have.
millions go unadopted??
You gotta link on that
Why is it so hard for conservatives to believe there are so many orphans in the world?

140 million orphans worldwide and counting - Mission Network News
uh, cause once I was an orphan, and was adopted.
Every conservative on this thread has expressed disbelief that there are kids that go unadopted every year.
Every adoption I see around here crosses racial lines.
I never see Caucasians adopting Caucasians anymore.

I'm only concerned with US stats as far as adoptions go. I think a World view skews the stats
BTW: I've at times my whole life tried to find my biological parents....fail.

Meet the Children - AdoptUSKids
The Number of Waiting Children
Each year more than 20,000 children age out of the foster care without being adopted. Today there are 108,000 children in foster care waiting to be adopted ranging in age from less than a year old to 21.

Forum List

Back