Gawker's busted! They're in the Caymans dodging taxes

Gawker tries just as hard as Romney to avoid taxes, hide money and play the system? Well let me tell ya, if Mr. Gawker ever runs for Prez someone should bring this up!

So you frown on those that maximize the value of their net worth/revenue while abiding by the law?
Indeed. I also frown upon the people who write and endorse such laws.

You do not search for the lowest price of a product? You do not search for the best return on an investment?
actually, in most cases I don't. We buy local foods that are more expensive than stuff coming from afar. I don't drive the cheapest car I can find. I buy most of my clothes at retail stores that are far from the cheapest. We carefully try to invest our money in funds that don't support causes we oppose.

LOL...Obama spent on his campaign more money last month than he took in. THAT is good, but legally maximizing the value of the dollar is bad.

Of course he spent more than he took in. His expenses are being paid out of the stock of money, not the monthly flow. I'd expect him to end his campaign with zero dollars in his campaign accounts.

I, too dont drive the cheapest car. You diverted from the point. The car I drive, I priced out and made sure I got it at the lowest price. I too dont buy cheap clothes, but what I buy are at the lowest price I can find for them.

I, too only invest in companies that are along the lines of my thinking. And there are many. But I invest in the ones that I find will offer me the best return.

You completely diverted.

So let me say it this way..

If youy wanted to buy car x...and one dealer sold it for 30K and another sold it for 32K and both were on equal playing fields in all aspects.....would you pay 30K or 32K?

Look at the bright side.

Ryan's tax plan would lower Romney's tax rate to 1%, so unless 1% is still too high for him, he won't need to jump through all those hoops and loopholes to get out of paying much of any taxes.

if you must lie or spin to make a point, then you do not feel very strongly about your position in a debate.

So you frown on those that maximize the value of their net worth/revenue while abiding by the law?
Indeed. I also frown upon the people who write and endorse such laws.

actually, in most cases I don't. We buy local foods that are more expensive than stuff coming from afar. I don't drive the cheapest car I can find. I buy most of my clothes at retail stores that are far from the cheapest. We carefully try to invest our money in funds that don't support causes we oppose.

LOL...Obama spent on his campaign more money last month than he took in. THAT is good, but legally maximizing the value of the dollar is bad.

Of course he spent more than he took in. His expenses are being paid out of the stock of money, not the monthly flow. I'd expect him to end his campaign with zero dollars in his campaign accounts.

I, too dont drive the cheapest car. You diverted from the point. The car I drive, I priced out and made sure I got it at the lowest price. I too dont buy cheap clothes, but what I buy are at the lowest price I can find for them.

So the decisions you make about how much money to spend are influenced by a wide range of factors outside of price?

You completely diverted.
No, I really didn't.

So let me say it this way..

If youy wanted to buy car x...and one dealer sold it for 30K and another sold it for 32K and both were on equal playing fields in all aspects.....would you pay 30K or 32K?

They are not on equal playing fields in all aspects. That's why we pay more money for local foods - to support our local economy. I buy a car from the dealer in my hometown without looking afar because I want to support our local dealer. Could I travel across the lake and save an additional $250 or something? Maybe.

Last edited:
The fact that Gawker did this does not detract from Rmoney and his gratuitous use of tax loop-holes.

Last time I checked the Gawker is not running for President.

I love the Neocon mentality! Point out what someone else is doing and then assume that it wipes the accused Neocon clean of any moral wrong doing.

Look at the bright side.

Ryan's tax plan would lower Romney's tax rate to 1%, so unless 1% is still too high for him, he won't need to jump through all those hoops and loopholes to get out of paying much of any taxes.

link?

Why are you asking me to link to something that's been put up on the board repeatedly? Just to be a shit?

Mitt Romney Would Pay 0.82 Percent in Taxes Under Paul Ryan's Plan - Matthew O'Brien - The Atlantic

The fact that Gawker did this does not detract from Rmoney and his gratuitous use of tax loop-holes.

I love the Neocon mentality! Point out what someone else is doing and then assume that it wipes the accused Neocon clean of any moral wrong doing.

So, People running for President are not allowed to follow the same tax law everyone else does?

translation: You can't answer, because people that have money in the Caymans are not breaking any existing laws.

Being legal doesn't make it right...especially for someone wanting to be President of the United States. Of course, you knew that already...which is why you keep beating the "it's not illegal" drum.
I love how you liberals change rules, aka hypocrisy, but then come back to them. So now your position is offshore is only bad if your running for prez?

So now if youre not running for prez its ok to have offshore?

Is this correct?

Look at the bright side.

link?

Why are you asking me to link to something that's been put up on the board repeatedly? Just to be a shit?

Mitt Romney Would Pay 0.82 Percent in Taxes Under Paul Ryan's Plan - Matthew O'Brien - The Atlantic

So, you're whining because Romney gets most of his income from capital gains? Boo fucking hoo.

Nope, your accusing him of doing stuff other rich people do, can you ever be consistant?

So, People running for President are not allowed to follow the same tax law everyone else does?

Critical thinking eludes your deductive reasoning?

Here: "Point out what someone else is doing and then assume that it wipes the accused Neocon clean of any moral wrong doing."

See? If you take the topic at hand and filter it through my post, you can gather that my view is that not one single person should be able to evade taxes "legally" through loop-holes.. My view is that it is morally wrong (since it is technically, not illegal).

In addition.. Does America not have a debt issue? If yes, then how can anyone take a man that evades an "undisclosed" percentage of taxes (a necessary component of reducing deficit) as a serious candidate?

Next lesson will be creative writing, feel free to stick around and learn.

Nope, your accusing him of doing stuff other rich people do, can you ever be consistant?

Ah.. Yes... What "other" rich people do.

An attempt at deflection? Shall we move along to how much Barack hates America?

Good for you! :lol:

Again if you make a rule for one person, apply it to everyone. I mean you let a preisdent get away with perjury, because everyone dies it, so stop with the hes running for prez crap, I can kick your ass on any aspect of this debate

Ah.. Yes... What "other" rich people do.

An attempt at deflection? Shall we move along to how much Barack hates America?

Good for you! :lol:

Again if you make a rule for one person, apply it to everyone. I mean you let a preisdent get away with perjury, because everyone dies it, so stop with the hes running for prez crap, I can kick your ass on any aspect of this debate

Critical thinking eludes your deductive reasoning?

Here: "Point out what someone else is doing and then assume that it wipes the accused Neocon clean of any moral wrong doing."

See? If you take the topic at hand and filter it through my post, you can gather that my view is that not one single person should be able to evade taxes "legally" through loop-holes.. My view is that it is morally wrong (since it is technically, not illegal).

In addition.. Does America not have a debt issue? If yes, then how can anyone take a man that evades an "undisclosed" percentage of taxes (a necessary component of reducing deficit) as a serious candidate?

Next lesson will be creative writing, feel free to stick around and learn.

Thats not what hes saying, liberals have a looooong history of never attacking their own. At least conservatives attacked akin for his comments, but no liberals attacked bisden for his, soz you guys only apply rules for republicans and were calling you out for your overt hypocrisy

Thats not what hes saying, liberals have a looooong history of never attacking their own. At least conservatives attacked akin for his comments, but no liberals attacked bisden for his, soz you guys only apply rules for republicans and were calling you out for your overt hypocrisy

You can kick my ass on this debate? COME AT ME BRO! :lol::lol:

No, he was trying to point what he viewed as my hypocrisy regarding EXACTLY to tax law. Read much? I happened to poke holes in his accusations.

The only reason why the zealots turned against Akin is because his collective Neocon Freudian moment could have ruined their chance of getting the evil Barack out of the office.

Now, you say "you guys" as in you know I (as in, me) have, for a fact, never held any liberal to the fire?

Can you tell me what the powerball lottery numbers are for this Sat too?

Forum List

Back