Gavin Newsom to stop death penalty in California, giving reprieves to 737 death row inmates

He wants to attract killers to California. This is an invitation to the hispanic gangs.

Each of the people he just spared has murdered at least one person. Newsom is a dope.

Each of the people he just spared has murdered at least one person. Newsom is a dope.

That he is and now the tax payers will be supporting those assholes for the rest of their lives.

Newsome is an idiot who is more concerned with convicted killers than he is with the people in his state who pay the bills.

If true, good move.

So these killers get 3 hots and a cot for the rest of their lives.

Wonderful.

Yep.

Some crimes deserve the ultimate punishment. Sorry, but the DP is constitutionally acceptable, and a valid punishment for the worst crimes.

Newsom is invalidating the will of the people, shown in several referendums over the years.

Ok

Stop being a useless twat.

If true, good move.

So these killers get 3 hots and a cot for the rest of their lives.

Wonderful.

Yep.

Some crimes deserve the ultimate punishment. Sorry, but the DP is constitutionally acceptable, and a valid punishment for the worst crimes.

Newsom is invalidating the will of the people, shown in several referendums over the years.

Ok

Stop being a useless twat.

Lol

California wants to spare the lives of the worst human beings in society while they simultaneously murder
the unborn in record numbers, the most innocent of lives we know of.

Gavin Newsome has his priorities straight.

Surely now he will stop that death penalty we call ABORTION.
Amen to this. How many lives have new born babies claimed? And even if their mothers did die during the childbirths, was such a thing taking place the every intention of those newborn babies? Never. Those who have just been spared however are another story.

God bless you and the families that they forever changed always!!!

Holly

Better they should spend the rest of their miserable days locked up in some shit hole prison where they can think about how they wasted their lives than be given a free pass out via lethal injection.

Better they should spend the rest of their miserable days locked up in some shit hole prison where they can think about how they wasted their lives than be given a free pass out via lethal injection.
"Shit hole prisons"? Really?

This is California. Not Pakistan or Iran. The reality is these lifer prisoners adjust pretty well to prison life and given the circumstances, make the best of things. What Prison Reform Looks Like Inside California State Prison, L.A. County

Your comment is priceless in it's cluelessness.

California is losing population as it is, this will help reverse the trend.

Maybe a big ad campaign in high crime area- "Regardless of what you do, California will never fry you"- will attract new people who want to head on out there. Attract folks like Brad Pitt in the pic "Kalifornia"?

If true, good move.

So you're okay with the head of a government usurping the will of the voters?

In some cases yes. A lot of voters don’t like tanks. Should we stop building them? Even fewer like Congress…should we get rid of it? I don’t like subsidies to farmers and I would imagine if it were put to a national vote…subsidies would go down 90%-10%.

In some cases, of course…no.

As for the death penalty…it clearly is no deterrent although it does drastically reduce repeat offenders. As for the nature of penalties supposedly being a deterrent to crime; it isn’t working.

I’m for the old “guilty today, death tomorrow” template. I would force the states that have the death penalty to fast track executions. You get 90 days, a 3 judge federal panel to look at the convictions and go over the trials with a fine toothed comb, and if the defense can’t get the judges to overturn the conviction. You get the needle.

The current 20 years on death row? No way.

The question becomes what to do with those currently condemned prisoners. Given the system they were tried under, given the set of rules the judge had, the jury had, the prosecutors and the defense had; I don’t think you can just order summary executions. I get the feeling that juries would be a bit more careful if they knew the hanging was taking place on their way out of the court house so to speak.

I’m of the opinion that the entire system of justice needs to be overhauled. I’m stringently against the death penalty. But….if we’re going to have it, lets have a real death penalty where executions are the proverbial “clear and present danger”.

Forum List

Back